Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Just leave it as it is now.

If people want to kite a giant enraged turtle around a lake for an hour after it enters hyper-mode, that should be a viable strategy. If people hate themselves enough to fight a matamata or uraganite for two hours and not kill it, that particularly cruel method of self-punishment should be available to them. Implementing a timer would just homogenize all the fights and possibly even force certain monsters to be adjusted to conform to the new timer.
    (10)

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Since Ryota Iwagami asked for which monsters the players are talking about, I'm going to list the ones I've fought.

Perdurable Raptor - This one is considered the easiest. Which it is. Assuming you have all acc songs/rolls/food/JAs up. And assuming you don't get zombie PLDs while its enraged.

Mastop - this one is TERRIBLE. You cannot debuff it (except with GEO) and it's evasive as hell already from being a gnat; not even counting the fact it's a delve NM. My group did SMNx3 timed Odin each doing 10k Zantensuken at the start. Only took it down to 95%. Fought it raged well enough but then random back-to-back triple attacks were killing our PLDs.

If there is one thing I DO like about these NMs is the loot system for the armor/weapons. Beating them once, then being able to buy the gear from an NPC with points? That's the best loot system in this game so far. Keep that. Change NOTHING about it. Ever. >:[
    (12)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well, if the NM's have been designed to be beaten in 15m with the top of the line gear before delve, I'd say leave them as is for now.

If you really feel they should have a timer to prevent congestion, maybe try a longer one like 1 hour at first? Which could be coupled with warning messages along the way, like at 30m or so something involved with it going into "rage" mode, and then say at 50m one about it beginning to loose interest, with a 2nd one at 55m. This gives people time to figure out how to beat the NM, but also keeps the fight from dragging out too long. So that way even those without the pre-delve very top of the line equipment can have a chance at beating the NM.
    (2)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Having done several NMs, I have only ran into another group once, which we ended up teaming up with as it was day 1 and we had no idea they were that strong. I do not believe counter congestion measures are in order.

However, if you want a countermeasure option, why not allow all five ???s to accept any of the five shards so if NM x is being killed at spot 1, group 2 can proceed to spot 2 to kill NM x, y, or z.
    (7)

Character
    Cahlum
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Leave it as it is now.

Time limits are annoying and force people to melee burn stuff which is no fun for other jobs such as BLM and SMN. If you want add more ???s even if they have easier spawn points it wouldnt matter too much.
    (2)

honestly, i feel like delves reward structure (which is fantastic) kinda AUTOMATICALLY mitigates congestion. you only have to kill any SPECIFIC NM one time. after that, even if the thing you want IS congested, you're not left with no recourse. you could go after any other NM, farm stones, or just tear through mook tier mobs in the delve to build up plasm.

i vote no change, and kudos on a really solid loot system.
    (16)

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Maybe if the DEV Team came out with a video showing how we're SUPPOSE to beat the NMs rather than "You did it different from how we envisioned, so we're going to 'adjust' it..." that'd be swell.
    (6)

Character
    Eyrhika
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 96
    You devs do realize there is no way that gear from the T1-T3 is gonna make such a large difference that these things will be anything NEAR do-able, especially if you make the fracture NMs rage and the non-fracture NMs depop.. I would recommend you get on your chars, and try these NMs and tell us this is balanaced.
    (8)

Character
    Snozeberry
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    With a almost full alliance of people with top-end gear, we got the gnat to 77% before he started taking 0 dmg from physical, elemental magic, and smn non-elemental blood pacts. At that point, I'm not sure how we are supposed to defeat it, when absolutely nothing was doing damage.
    (5)

Character
    Eyrhika
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Hint: None of them actually play the game.
    Seeing as how they expect us to beat these monsters in 20 mins it would seem they don't. Kinda sad they expect other people to think these NM fights are enjoyable..

Also lolled pretty hard at the "make a video of you guys fighting it" comment, all we need is for them to zoom in on the game clock and it will be AV all over again.
    (8)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast