Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Losie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 75
    Unfortunately this will just relegate Delve to only the most geared of the geared - first it was too easy to access, thus encouraging people to just skip out on Skirmish/Wildskeeper altogether if they've got NNI/etc. enough to do so and suffer through a couple rough fights, then farm some plasm for splendid upgrades.. and now I guess everyone who wasn't lucky enough to sneak in and get KIs before this change, which is dramatic as it blocks out a lot of folks from getting the KIs anytime soon, already benefits immensely from astounding gear. A poorly thought-out change, I feel, that only rewards the people who threw three hours at a fight and won only by merit of head-bashing against the wall.

It's always unpleasant to see only the first handful of people who tackle new stuff to be rewarded, this is a definite blow to anyone who was prepping to do it "right" or just hadn't got to it, yet. :\ Enjoy paying 5mil for those Skirmish sets and 10hr Bayld grinds for Wildskeepers, I guess.
    (23)

Player
    Unless you can not access the NMs inside without killing others, then it does not matter anyways, killing them outside is harder than inside and now it has a lower time limit, why would you bother with the ones outside anymore other than for beads?
    (1)

I feel this update is pretty dumb. For many reasons. 2 Specific ones:

1) You've just turned the one scarcely non-Zerg event into another f**king "ZERG ONRY" event. You finally succeeding in making PLDs, SKillchains, and MB useful for some groups, and you kill it. well done, your idea of challenge is finding enough Delve/RME DD to kill it in your absurd time limit. Thanks! Throw strategy out the window again just so we can go back to PD/Embrava/Whatever zerging cause your limits are stupid.

2) Not a single good solid LS is going to invite a bunch of leeches cause you asked nicely. You make us repeat the crap and slap a 20 minute time limit on it, and I'm assuring you shouts are only going to recruit the best... So as it was sad on the last page, Either level COR or BRD or Support (WHM/SCH) or have fun not doing the event without RME or Delve equipment.

They design these NMs to only be killable with the best of the best gear then ask us to invite people who suck? Sure, I'd of invited a subpar DD when i know I didn't have a 20 minute time limit on the fight, with a 20 minute limit? Not worth it. I'm sorry but this is just stupid.
    (33)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 05-08-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    How about an option to trade more than just the one shard to pop the NM to have the fracture version of the NM outside without it depopping and removing the monsters ability to drop anything as a method for the "new comers"

but this update seems stupid, there's never anyone around, 9/10 people are going to get the clear once and just farm inside the fracture for points to buy the items. only groups that are strong enough to go after the boss are going to repeat these NMs.
    (3)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Thanks for all of the feedback regarding the new Delve field NMs. The development team has made a decision as to what direction they would like to take for adjusting this, and below is a comment from Delve lead Ryota Iwagami about their decision.
    Glad I have my KIs already, but I feel sorry for everyone who missed out before nerf. Fights might take 2-3-6h, but if you're determined, you'll get your KI. I know these fights were giving trouble to even experienced and well seasoned players. For now 99% players trying Delve weren't interested in megaboss killing, but in obtaining Delve equipment, because, the reality is, you can't do Delve without Delve equipment (especially some T4 T5 fights).
    NM depopping you you sucks. NM going hyper in 15min sucks too. You should've just let everyone fight those NMs at their own pace, without both hyper or depop.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I feel this update is pretty dumb. For many reasons. 2 Specific ones:

1) You've just turned the one scarcely non-Zerg event into another f**king "ZERG ONRY" event. You finally succeeding in making PLDs, SKillchains, and MB useful for some groups, and you kill it. well done, your idea of challenge is finding enough Delve/RME DD to kill it in your absurd time limit. Thanks! Throw strategy out the window again just so we can go back to PD/Embrava/Whatever zerging cause your limits are stupid.

2) Not a single good solid LS is going to invite a bunch of leeches cause you asked nicely. You make us repeat the crap and slap a 20 minute time limit on it, and I'm assuring you shouts are only going to recruit the best... So as it was sad on the last page, Either level COR or BRD or Support (WHM/SCH) or have fun not doing the event without RME or Delve equipment.

They design these NMs to only be killable with the best of the best gear then ask us to invite people who suck? Sure, I'd of invited a subpar DD when i know I didn't have a 20 minute time limit on the fight, with a 20 minute limit? Not worth it. I'm sorry but this is just stupid.
    Which means that everyone, even intelligent players who just don't happen to have the number 1 DD job AND the number 1 gear yet are locked into playing BRD, COR or WHM if they want to have a snowball's chance in hell of getting that number 1 gear.
    (2)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Either level COR or BRD or Support (WHM/SCH) or have fun not doing the event without RME or Delve equipment.
    What's worse is that if you're a White Mage who actually plays the job more, nobody really looks at your gear or even what your Healing/Enhancing Magic are skilled at, so you get to compete with random people who powered leveled a White Mage and bought some cure potency gear and maybe (if the group is lucky) got their AF3+2 pants, and the friends of whomever is doing the shout. There is no regard to gear or skill when comparing White Mages, since gear is either crazy easy to get, doesn't make a big enough difference, or is Yagrush.

Compare this situation to a Bard or Corsair, you mention you have Relic/Empyrean Instrument or the Empyrean Gun and you basically get to boot anyone from the party who doesn't. As a White Mage? Nobody cares if you have your AF2+2 pants, or really even your AF3+2 pants, they just stick you in the party if you're lucky enough to see the shout before anyone else (assuming the shouter isn't giving preference to their friends for whatever reason).

Of course, this still doesn't change the situation we have with new players getting into the more elite content.
    (3)

So glad I already have Daurdabla^^
    (0)

Character
    Unaisis
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Wow SE must have Really Screwed up when even the White Knights are upset about this Nerf.
    (7)

http://www.youtube.com/user/koga41

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    We'd really be grateful if those of you who are experienced could invite these newcomers to take on this content when you have the ability to do so.
    Hint: This won't happen, and it's even far less likely to happen now with a 20 minute time limit.

Well, it MIGHT happen, but only in the context of the elites charging newcomers millions of gil to leech the win.
    (16)

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast