Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

RUN Additions and Adjustments

Came up with some ideas and decided to post them after the update to see what was in store. The adjustments to the job abilities were all solid, appreciate it SE. These are some suggestions, whether it is used or ignored depends on the devs. If my fellow players like these, don't forget to hit the "Like" button on the thread.

Job Abilities:

Effusion: Drive – Thrusts the blade straight at an enemy, consuming a rune to deal a piercing damage attack which goads an enemy into attacking you. (1 min)

Effusion: Swallow – Disperses runes radiated from the caster to damage enemies within range, damage varies with runes consumed. (3 min)

Effusion: Featherblow – Strikes an enemy and inflicts them with a negative status, status effect varies depending on the runes harbored. (3 min)

Effusion: Glazad – Holds a defensive position for a short duration (3 sec), Strikes, and deals damage to an enemy. If attacked while in this position, the damage will be negated and this abilities damage increased. (5 min)

Effusion: Incortata – Holds a defensive position for a short duration (3 sec), if attacked in this position, evades and counters. Damage varies depending on the runes harbored. (3 min)

Effusion: Cupee – Places an aura around the user, insures the next normal physical attack is parried and strikes back, dealing piercing elemental damage. Damage varies depending on runes harbored. (1 min)

Effusion: Fleche Triad – Can only be used when 3 runes are harbored. Consumes runes and delivers a fast three pronged attack that deals elemental damage, accumulating enmity with each successful strike. Damage varies on runes consumed. (3 min)

Ward: Extricate – Grants you and surrounding party member’s complete evasion from the next magic spell relative to the runes harbored. (5 min)

Ward: Insurance – Places a swirl of runes around the caster and nearby party members, halving magical and physical damage for a short duration. (5 min)

Ward: Riposte – Parries incoming normal attacks, consumes a rune each time an attack is parried. If hit by a special attack, halves the damage and consumes all runes. (5 min)

Rune Garner – Increases the amount of runes accrued when using the ability “Rune Enchantment”. (30 sec)

Parry Defense – Raises physical damage reduction by a random amount after successfully parrying an attack (~30%), but reduces substantially with each hit taken (-10%).

Recast: (5min)
    Duration: (2 hrs)

** (damage reduction loss will not decrease past the gained amount from this ability when hit)

Guises (Job Ability):

Guises surround the user in an aura to empower them and/or party members with runic energies. These abilities effect varies depending on the amount of runes consumed when initiating them. All guises share the same ability timers and should be used depending on the present situation.

Guise: Obviate – Places an aura around the caster which allows the caster to occasionally anticipate special attacks depending on the amount of runes consumed. (5 min)

Duration: 5 min

1 rune: 3% chance of activation.
    2 runes: 6% chance of activation.
    3 runes: 10% chance of activation.

Guise: Manipulate - Places an aura around the caster which allows the caster to occasionally null enmity reduction upon being hit, depending on the amount of runes consumed. (5 min)

1 rune: 3% chance of activation.
    2 runes: 6% chance of activation.
    3 runes: 10% chance of activation.

Guise: Minify - Places an aura around the caster which allows the caster to occasionally reduce physical damage by a significant amount (-20%), decreases over time.

1 rune: 5% chance of activation.
    2 runes: 15% chance of activation.
    3 runes: 25% chance of activation.

** activation rate reduces by 1% every 10 sec.
    ** minimum of 5% activation rate

Guise: All for One - Places an aura surrounding party members which absorbs minor enmity from a random member at set intervals, depending on the amount of runes consumed. (5 min)

1 rune: 1% enmity absorption every 10 sec.
    2 runes: 2% enmity absorption every 10 sec.
    3 runes: 3% enmity absorption every 10 sec.

Merits:

Group 1:

Rune Enchantment Damage

Increases elemental damage of physical attacks when a rune is harbored.
    +1 per level.

Rune Enchantment Resistance

Increases elemental resistance of runes when harbored.
    +1 per level.

Swordplay Effect

Enhances the bonus granted by swordplay.
    Evasion and Accuracy +2 per level.

Effusion Recast

Lowers recast timers for effusion abilities.
    -2 sec per level.

Ward Recast

Lowers recast timers for ward abilities.
    -2 sec per level.

Group 2:

Rune Calibration (Job Trait)

Adds a “Magic Defense Bonus” to runes gained by the use of “Rune Enchantment”.
    +1 Magic Defense Bonus per level.

Emblazonment (Job Ability)

Negates the next negative status effect for the user and nearby party member’s. (10 min)

Decrease recast time by 1 min per level.

Effusion: Transcendence (Job Ability)

Consumes all runes and deals an elemental damage attack that ignores target’s magic resistance. (10 min)

Decrease recast time by 1 min per level.

Ward: Syphon (Job Ability)

Increases MP for user and surrounding party member’s based on the next magic attack aimed at the caster, ability applied before damage resistance of the caster. (15 min)

Formula:

MP absorbed per person = ((Target Spell Damage / 3) / number of party members)

Decrease recast time by 1 min and 30 sec per level.

Equipment (additions):

Agasaya’s collar

Spells (adjust & additions):

Foil – Decreased spell cost.
    30 MP

Barlight – RDM 27, RUN 26

Bardark – RDM 29, RUN 28

Barlightra – WHM 29

Bardarkra – WHM 33
    (1)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    We have an Inquartata trait. I'd also raise Foil duration to 1 minute, readjust Liement to a 45 sec duration, and add a Reprisal-type spell for parrying, I was using the name "Riposte" but the effect is more important than the name. We also need to be able to take a physical hit, maybe some Resist Physical Damage traits or something. I'm not suggesting this because I want RUN to be broken, I suggest it because I want RUN to be able to tank.

Lastly, after Monday's adjustments, I think the Rune resistances need to be raise more, if I couldn't negate a lv 47 NM's Enwater damage, with 3 Runes and a Bar-spell, I doubt I could take an HNM's nukes.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    readjust Liement to a 45 sec duration
    I really don't understand what everyone's problem is with Liement duration. Mobs generally cast on a 20 second rotation, so there's no need to have it any longer than that for casting mobs. For TP moves, if you use it under 25% the TP moves will be flowing nice and fast anyway.

Either way, Liement is better being used once you know that a spell is coming for you. In this case, the only thing stopping you using Liement before it hits is that you're already casting something. In which case, save it for the next spell.

The only reason to have a longer duration on Liement is because people want easy mode. They can't be bothered to be poised ready to hit the macro as soon as they see a spell incoming.
    (2)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I really don't understand what everyone's problem is with Liement duration. Mobs generally cast on a 20 second rotation, so there's no need to have it any longer than that for casting mobs. For TP moves, if you use it under 25% the TP moves will be flowing nice and fast anyway.

Either way, Liement is better being used once you know that a spell is coming for you. In this case, the only thing stopping you using Liement before it hits is that you're already casting something. In which case, save it for the next spell.

The only reason to have a longer duration on Liement is because people want easy mode. They can't be bothered to be poised ready to hit the macro as soon as they see a spell incoming.
    People want liement ward changed because its to short, the chat log is already cluttered with battle data, digging through that to see what a multi element caster is casting is problematic. Liement ward only last 8 seconds and not 10, and when you see the casting or tp animation from the mob it takes 3-5 seconds just to cycle through macros just to get it off, unless you are strictly camping your liement ward macro. This is a tank job, and you have to constantly apply and reapply buffs, theres no time to sit and babysit a liement ward. Not to mention it wipes the other two wards, there alot not to like about the way they implemented it.
    (3)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfox View Post
    Barlight
    Bardark
    These will be merits.
    Barlightra – WHM 29
    Bardarkra – WHM 33
    These wont exist.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    People want liement ward changed because its to short, the chat log is already cluttered with battle data, digging through that to see what a multi element caster is casting is problematic.
    Chat Filters.

Liement ward only last 8 seconds and not 10, and when you see the casting or tp animation from the mob it takes 3-5 seconds just to cycle through macros just to get it off,
    You need to make the macro more accessible then. It's not Liement Ward's fault that you can't hit your macro immediately.

unless you are strictly camping your liement ward macro. This is a tank job, and you have to constantly apply and reapply buffs, theres no time to sit and babysit a liement ward.
    Aside from on a dispelga mob, this is not a big hinderance. Runes overwrite each other and only take a second to use, so you just re-apply them on an ad-hoc basis, or if you're riding Lunge timer, be sure to have 1 of the other wards up before you Lunge, then you spend 20 secs gradually re-applying them. They wear off after 5 mins, and lunge is only 3 mins so there's no other need to reapply them unless you have a pt of magic users that would really benefit from Gambit.

Stoneskin is a waste of MP if fighting something in a party as you'll be getting cureskin anyway usually. Aquaveil is about the only thing that you'll be casting that will get in the way of using liement efficiently, unless /NIN and casting utsu: ichi.

Not to mention it wipes the other two wards, there alot not to like about the way they implemented it.
    The other 2 wards can now be full-timed and some. 1 min of overlap on their timers in any 5 min period so you can easily time Liement during the overlap period so you have the next ward ready to use immediately.
    (1)

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Kojo
    We have an Inquartata trait. I'd also raise Foil duration to 1 minute, readjust Liement to a 45 sec duration, and add a Reprisal-type spell for parrying, I was using the name "Riposte" but the effect is more important than the name. We also need to be able to take a physical hit, maybe some Resist Physical Damage traits or something. I'm not suggesting this because I want RUN to be broken, I suggest it because I want RUN to be able to tank.

Lastly, after Monday's adjustments, I think the Rune resistances need to be raise more, if I couldn't negate a lv 47 NM's Enwater damage, with 3 Runes and a Bar-spell, I doubt I could take an HNM's nukes.

Incortata and Inquartata are two different methods of fencing I believe, I'm not very knowledgeable in fencing though so I could be wrong. As for foil, I personally would not mind it being a 1 min duration, but I also think it would be too powerful, you could potentially keep the spell up at all times given the MP. A reprisal type spell for parrying as you suggested sounds like a pretty solid idea to me. The physical tanking of RUN is indeed horrible, thats why I aimed some of my suggestions to physical damage reduction and parrying through abilities. I wouldn't mind a job trait with straight physical damage reduction, but I don't think it will happen probably. I'll talk about my experience with the liement ability below.

Babekeke

I'll talk about my liement experience below.

Tsukino_Kaji
    These will be merits.
    These wont exist.
    We all know Barlight and Bardark are overdue, if they are made as merits, that will be fine. It would make more sense to implement them as spells learned right after Barthunder. I personally don't see why they were not made spells from the beginning, it's just light and dark elements. WHM should get -ra versions of these bar spells as well.

The liement adjustment for RUN was pretty good overall in my opinion. We got reduced recast but short duration in return, personally I don't mind it. It keeps you on your toes and you have to use it tactically to prevent it from being wasted. However, tanking a few magic mobs with a party or friends I've noticed that it can also be a bad thing. There were multiple times when the enemy was casting a spell towards me and I would activate liement only for the spell to be stunned by a teammate, thus rendering the ability useless. This is no ones fault and I'm glad they stunned the spell like they should, but with a longer duration, there would be a possibility that the ability would not be wasted. To me, there is no real right or wrong to liement the way it is now. Shorter duration for more awareness, or more duration for more leeway, they both have their pros and cons.
    (0)

OK, I can see where Liement could be bad, like in your example above, but as it is now, it's brilliant for example on Arch Ultima when it does Citadel Buster. From previous experience (before update) CB did ~500 damage to all party members with once for all or with Valiance active, so Liement is still better.

CB has a 30 sec countdown, which is even enough time to get 3 runes up, if you either just got dispelled, or if you had used Lunge, or just had 3 of a different element up, and still hit Liement.
    (0)

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    OK, I can see where Liement could be bad, like in your example above, but as it is now, it's brilliant for example on Arch Ultima when it does Citadel Buster. From previous experience (before update) CB did ~500 damage to all party members with once for all or with Valiance active, so Liement is still better.

CB has a 30 sec countdown, which is even enough time to get 3 runes up, if you either just got dispelled, or if you had used Lunge, or just had 3 of a different element up, and still hit Liement.
    Indeed, the liement ability itself is amazing. Especially if its used before something as damaging as Citadel Buster as you said. I solo'd Megamaw Mikey -- Even though this is in abyssea -- by keeping up Shell V, Phalanx, foil, barstone, 3 Flabra, and valiance. Once my hp would drop pretty low, i would put on liement right before a damaging spell like Stone V and my hp would just shoot right up to full or close to it. I've been reading that some people were taking a bunch of damage from his spells, but the most I've been hit for was around 350 damage I believe, the elemental resistance on RUN is amazing. What i want to try next is being hit by meteor o.o
    (0)

Indeed, the liement ability itself is amazing. Especially if its used before something as damaging as Citadel Buster as you said. I solo'd Megamaw Mikey -- Even though this is in abyssea -- by keeping up Shell V, Phalanx, foil, barstone, 3 Flabra, and valiance. Once my hp would drop pretty low, i would put on liement right before a damaging spell like Stone V and my hp would just shoot right up to full or close to it. I've been reading that some people were taking a bunch of damage from his spells, but the most I've been hit for was around 350 damage I believe, the elemental resistance on RUN is amazing. What i want to try next is being hit by meteor o.o
    I was also thinking about how RUN might stand up to AV... keep wind resist runes up, use wind resist wards, and one for all meteor. (you're aware that runes will do nothing for meteor as it has no element, right?)
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast