Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I was also thinking about how RUN might stand up to AV... keep wind resist runes up, use wind resist wards, and one for all meteor. (you're aware that runes will do nothing for meteor as it has no element, right?)
    So far as I recall the mob version of it is dark based.
    (0)

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Babekeke
    I was also thinking about how RUN might stand up to AV... keep wind resist runes up, use wind resist wards, and one for all meteor. (you're aware that runes will do nothing for meteor as it has no element, right?)
    Demon6324236
    So far as I recall the mob version of it is dark based.

Thought the enemy versions of meteor were dark based as well. Just the player character version is non-elemental?
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've never seen any solid evidence that the mob version is dark.
    (0)

I might just do a NW apollyon run on RUN to confirm it once and for all
    (0)

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I might just do a NW apollyon run on RUN to confirm it once and for all
    Cool, if anything, could at least save a "One for All" to stop some damage, lol.
    (0)

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Does anyone have any comments as to my suggested abilities? Or any ideas themselves? We know the physical capabilities of RUN are poor, it definetly needs some improvement if the job is going to tank any enemies that don't just use magic primarily.
    (0)

I'm quite surprised that we didn't get Perfect Parry. But then I'm also surprised that THF hasn't had Perfect Evade either so maybe no perfect parry isn't so surprising. (based around the same idea as perfect counter).

IMO Perfect Parry would be quite sufficient to give RUN the edge that it needs in taking phys damage. Especially with the extra parrying skill and traits that it has, and a not-too-shabby evasion, combined with Swordplay (which will no doubt feature boosts with AF gear and merits in the next update).

PP would give the needed guaranteed opportunity to recast a buff, be it a native buff, or utsusemi: ichi when /nin for example. Alternatively, since parry can proc on TP moves.... ^^ (this is most likely the reason that neither THF nor RUN has had these JAs).
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'm quite surprised that we didn't get Perfect Parry. But then I'm also surprised that THF hasn't had Perfect Evade either so maybe no perfect parry isn't so surprising. (based around the same idea as perfect counter).

IMO Perfect Parry would be quite sufficient to give RUN the edge that it needs in taking phys damage. Especially with the extra parrying skill and traits that it has, and a not-too-shabby evasion, combined with Swordplay (which will no doubt feature boosts with AF gear and merits in the next update).

PP would give the needed guaranteed opportunity to recast a buff, be it a native buff, or utsusemi: ichi when /nin for example. Alternatively, since parry can proc on TP moves.... ^^ (this is most likely the reason that neither THF nor RUN has had these JAs).
    I'm equally surprised RUN did not get the highest tier of Tactical Parry either. That crown still belongs to DNC at tier IV, yet receives its first tier at lvl 40 long before any of the others do.
    (5)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm kinda hoping for RUN's Enhancing Magic category to be expanded a bit with new spells like barlight/bardark and add a few more existing spells such as haste. I mean, for them to have a RDM spell such a refresh, and then up to Regen 4, I surprised that RUN was even able to learn Refresh. I'm just thinking since they're "Practitioners of Enhancing Magic", you'd think haste would of also been added to it as well.
    (0)

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    I'm kinda hoping for RUN's Enhancing Magic category to be expanded a bit with new spells like barlight/bardark and add a few more existing spells such as haste. I mean, for them to have a RDM spell such a refresh, and then up to Regen 4, I surprised that RUN was even able to learn Refresh. I'm just thinking since they're "Practitioners of Enhancing Magic", you'd think haste would of also been added to it as well.
    Yeah, I believe that Barlight and Bardark are a MUST, they should be added sometime soon. As for haste, I definetly would love having the spell on RUN, might be too "powerful" though. Maybe even adding new spells to boost RUN's current physical and magical defending capabilities, spell with effects like:

O -- Raises the caster's Magic Evasion.
    O -- Raises the caster's Magic Defense
    O -- Raises the caster's chance to parry attacks.

(Some of these were suggested by others im sure)

Similar to how rdm was given temper, an amazing self targeting spell. Would be nice to see one for RUN that lasts for a while, like 3-5 min or so.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast