Thread: Skill Ups

Player

Skill Ups

Even with all these changes to make skill ups easier I still think that SE could make them well easier. I mean spending hours just to go from 155 to 160 in a skill is well dumb. it doesn't make you a better player or teach you how to do your job. I know some of the systems in game are hard to change if not impossible because it's so worked into the code but games as old as 11 have reworked things, even shattering old mechanics all together. I'm not saying I don't want challenging content but I don't want tedious and that's what this is.

that's just my 2 cents on the matter. please pardon me if I offend. and the 155 to 160 in hours isn't something that's happened to me. I'm just trying to point out that the skill ups to hour ratio is messed up.
    (1)

for every story about it taking ungodly hours to get just 5 points of skill, there's one of getting 30 points in one afternoon (or less).

The big question is...what where they doing for all those hours and not getting any skillups? Did it not occur to try something different?

More often than not, this boils down to issues regarding player choice of target/method.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Or depends on the skill. Some are just more difficult than others to raise.
    (1)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

not necessarily, if you do it right. Granted, it thins out pretty bad when you are reaching the caps....but we're talking at 90+ caps. The last few posts I've seen specific complaints about are for ranges below 80 caps for even E ranked skill categories....below 75 for A ranked skills. These people are simply doing something wrong.
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 05-02-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.