Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    Catastrophe, Coronach and Namas Arrow disagree with you.

It concerns me given the fact that well over half the population own a Relic now, we're hearing about such stupid potential changes. Hopefully the JP players sling poop about this - because that's the only way anything is going to be done.
    I can't exactly comment on Coronach and Namas Arrow, because I'm not RNG (or SAM). As for Catastrophe, Catastrophe is a utility WS used for survival with a spiffy Haste effect thrown into the mix. You don't get Apoc solely for damage, that's why many DRKs have Ragnarok.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Altimaomega
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Played this game for 10 yrs, never posted here before.
    This is very simple, Make it so i can upgrade my R/E/M's so they have the some what the same damage as these new weapons.
    If this very SIMPLE resolution is not taken care of SOON, i will more than happily quit this game FOREVER.

P.S.
    So will more than likely 75% of your R/E/M holders.
    (43)

Character
    Zohno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    REM have hidden effects, aftermaths. people spent time and money to get them.
    now we are left with the possibility to use the ws without equipping them?
    moreover they are replaced by what, with time, will be simply buyable on ah?

at least make the weapons upgradeable using the same system applied to the new 3 sets.
    solving everything with unlocking a ws is just unacceptable.
    (26)
    Last edited by Zohno; 05-02-2013 at 04:49 AM.

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Is the higher base damage the only real advantage to these new weapons over REMs? If so, I think a decent solution is a new tier of Trial on those REMs that calls for the collection of the new weapon (of same type) and results in your REM with the base damage matched to the collected new weapon. Surely the AM and other bonuses on REM beat out the stats on the new weapons (assuming the base damage is the same).

This gives newer (poorer) players a shot at good equipment, while preserving the elite status of REMs.
    (5)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Amazing. I thought I'd go down with the servers but here we are...
    (37)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    At least he came to us with this preliminary idea so we could tell him how incredibly bad it is.
    (39)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Otomis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Altimaomega View Post
    Played this game for 10 yrs, never posted here before.
    This is very simple, Make it so i can upgrade my R/E/M's so they have the some what the same damage as these new weapons.
    If this very SIMPLE resolution is not taken care of SOON, i will more than happily quit this game FOREVER.

P.S.
    So will more than likely 75% of your R/E/M holders.
    I registered with forums when SE came out with there whole new SE account management system. But never posted till recently. I am in the same boat as a 10 year player. I not only find this insulting but out right disgraceful on SEs part. I have been a long term supporter of Square(soft)Enix but enough is a enough with this roller-coaster they have created in the last 2 years. Most of it was tolerable, this however is not!
    (33)

Character
    Zohnax
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    Matsui here.

I have some follow-up information regarding how we plan to build on relic, mythic, empyrean, and Walk of Echoes ("coin") weapons (I'll refer to them as RMEC below. Apologies that I left out coin weapons in my last post).

There are many who feel upset and uneasy regarding the recently introduced weapons, as well as the information that has been conveyed until now. So while this information is still not finalized, I would like to give a bit more insight into our plans.

We are planning to unlock the special weapon skills that are granted from RMEC weapons when you have upgraded them to their level 99 form (this includes non-afterglow weapons, and shield/instruments will not be included in this). However, we plan on adding some conditions that fall in line with the jobs that can equip the respective RMEC weapons.
    This, is an asinine idea. The amount of effort and/or gil required in order to obtain a Level 99 Relic/Mythic/Empyrean is quite high and the possibility to even upgrade to Lv99 was only implemented a little over a year ago. Do you honestly believe the Weapon Skills from Relics and Empyreans are worth roughly 200million gil? They are not, especially if you are going to spit in the face of players by putting Coin weapons on the same level as Relics/Mythics/Empyreans, which they honestly should not even be on your radar because they are so easy and cheap to upgrade to Level 99.

As we have yet to finish all the testing as to whether or not we can do this, please let me again reiterate that this is not yet finalized.

Due to the nature of this topic, we definitely need to proceed carefully, so despite the fact that I'm only mentioning this at the idea level, I understand that the level of disappointment will be quite great if I say that it is too difficult to accomplish this after all, and I was thinking it would be best to let you all know once it took a bit more shape.
    You are proceeding very poorly with this game and the feedback we are getting on these forums lately. Players raised their voices in outrage about the recent implementation of weapons that had comparable base damage with R/M/E, or better, and can perform just as good, or better, with the Merit Weapon Skills. But what do you guys do? Drop in a bunch of weapons that make sure R/M/E weapons are completely crushed out of the picture and insult us by saying once you get the weapon to Lv. 99 you can simply unlock the weapon skill to use with these new ones? Quite frankly, if you want to go back to Trial of the Magians to upgrade these weapons further, I do not think the playerbase will be in a massive uproar just because you said it would not be upgraded that way before. Remember that too? You said they would be upgradable, not spit on all of our efforts that took absorbent amounts of time and gil to accomplish.

You're probably thinking "if that’s the case, then don’t announce anything," but because I thought it wouldn't be good to not let you know anything until plans were finalized I decided to make this post. (I've been under so much stress I feel like I'm going to get an ulcer >< But I know I shouldn't be complaining.)

While the memories you made and the stats on your equipment cannot always be proportionate, we are trying our best to see if we can keep all of the effort spent on earning these weapons intact.

We plan to do all that we can, but please give us some time for this.
    You did announce something; that our efforts would not be wasted. By simply unlocking the weapon skill, you're wasting our efforts. At least Tanaka knew something I do not think you do, which is that FFXI is not a typical MMO where all gear and weapons get replaced every month or two. R/M/E and even Salvage gear have been brought this far, and have all been some of the hardest objectives to accomplish, and again, to spit on everyone's hard work like you are by saying what you did here, it just blows my mind. If you carry out with this ridiculous notion, I am almost positive you can expect a massive drop in your playerbase, and don't think that will help FFX|V. People will think, "Square Enix," and end up avoiding it because of the bad taste that will be left in the mouths of players from FFXI.
    (34)

Character
    Altimaomega
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Lets rally people, Fix our weapons the correct way or WE ALL QUIT!
    (18)

Quote Originally Posted by Richwood View Post
    I registered with forums when SE came out with there whole new SE account management system. But never posted till recently. I am in the same boat as a 10 year player. I not only find this insulting but out right disgraceful on SEs part. I have been a long term supporter of Square(soft)Enix but enough is a enough with this roller-coaster they have created in the last 2 years. Most of it was tolerable, this however is not!
    Agreed, the whole point if Final fantasy games if you truly think about is go for the ultimate weapons, which FF game has the ultimate game not been chasing after that weapon. none..... They are going down the wrong road with this..... you best turn off at the next junction to try save it. Or say bye bye to 75% of your player basis.
    (14)

Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast