Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 LastLast
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I would believe it to be honest. Gastraphetes was without a doubt the most useless joke of a Mythic available. So if that got upgraded as much as it did its likely in an effort to make it suck considerably less.
    Pretty sure the joke Mythic is Nagi, at least Gastraphetes was good for trueflight. Ranged Mythics seem to be an exception to the Mythics getting the short end as both benefit most from their magical weaponskills and they got magic damage added to the weapon as well as special ammo with high magic attack bonus. At least Mythic cors won't have to worry about shooting their Animikii Bullet anymore.
    (1)

I'd say before the Magic WS update Nagi was better than Gast, but pre that, perhaps...
    (0)

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Can we please be a community rep response on why the devs feel that mythics should lag so much behind in dps? I understand that am3 is powerful, but the maintenance that is required to keep it up is frustrating at times. Can they alter aftermath so that you can over right it? Could they make it so that the last 30secs of the aftermath opens a window that if you were to use the appropriate ws that it resets? I find that im waiting with 3000tp, because if I were to ws it would be a waste.

The fact that mythics/ergons really didn't get good upgrades to their utility stats and the other category legendary wpns did diminishes mythics. I'm happy that relics and empyreans got the adjustments they did don't get me wrong, but it just felt really underwhelming when mythics are concerned. Considering the amount of upgrade items required it just feels like mythics got the short end of the stick when it comes to reward/time ratio for the final step. I am not calling for op mythics either, I'm not talking about stupid stuff like +5 geomancy to idris and +7pdt II to burtgang to bring it up to epeolatry. I think they missed an opportunity to add another interesting utility stat like they did to some of the other weapons. If mythics are really the job altering wpns that they should be (and yes I understand that idris is incredibly power) to be honest I would have been more happy if they would have maybe increased the different in dps and increased utility instead that way there would have a been a clear distinction in the final forms of these wpns.
    (0)

Character
    Cloudblade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Given that the relic proc rate is so low (12.5% or so), it actually has the lowest dps out of all of the three. Mythic's not only get the att, acc, etc. bonus, but also get a much higher proc rate for multiple hits, thus allowing for more ws's. They also have the longest time duration of any aftermath by a large percent. Empyreans now get a triple dmg proc that, if it stays at the same percentage, gives it a ~100% dmg increase over time (triple dmg at 50% proc rate for +100% dot). Relics only get a ~12.5% average proc rate for 2-3x dmg, meaning they only get an ~25% boost at best for 3x dmg procs. Mythics gain at minimum 40-50% dot boost, emps get a 100% dot boost and relics get a 25% dot boost due to their aftermaths. I believe relics are actually the ones that are at the disadvantage here. Yes mythics have a much lower dot boost than emps, but they are still much higher than relics. Relics would need ~66% chance for the additional dmg to proc to keep up with empyreans if a lvl 3 was maintained. Granted, a level 1 empyrean aftermath is still a 60% boost to dmg (which is more than both mythic and relics by far). In short, both mythics and relics need a buff to keep up with empyreans, but relics are by far the weakest in terms of the potential dps. Again, I am assuming the same proc rates stay in the update, and will say that relics do get a massive accuracy boost over both emps and mythics (with emps being the least accurate in most cases). This accuracy is really the saving grace given current content for certain jobs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cblade; 02-11-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Cloudblade, from what I have seen, some of the Oboro JSE weapons get more accuracy than their job's mythics when upgraded fully.

There are some serious issues here that need to be fixed.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cblade View Post
    Mythics gain at minimum 40-50% dot boost
    The minimum is actually zero, occasionally attack twice and thrice are less effective depending on how much quadruple, triple, and double attack you have. Considering the amount of those stats on gear now compared to level 99 aftermath 3 has aged poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    Cloudblade, from what I have seen, some of the Oboro JSE weapons get more accuracy than their job's mythics when upgraded fully.

There are some serious issues here that need to be fixed.
    This could be fixed with aftermath. Instead of 1 being acc, 2 being atk, and three being OATs, they should be cumulative 1 be acc, 2 being acc/atk, and 3 being acc/atk, 20 triple attack, and 40 double attack. Mythics get better attack and accuracy as well as making them not conflict with the high amount of double/triple attack from ilvl armor, easy fix.
    (1)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Ulth, they won't 'fix' aftermath like that. They just won't. They made it very clear with this update exactly what they think and what the disconnect between words and actions is.

And yes, mythic AM3 actually is less beneficial because of the way Occasionally Attacks X times interacts with Double, Triple and Quadruple attack. The upgrade to Empyrean Aftermath, while leaving Mythic untouched, is insulting. This update has been insulting.
    (0)

Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The only reasoning I can think of why they provided such a boost to relic and empyreans over mythic is because ppl complain about how hard mythics are to make.
    (0)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
    The only reasoning I can think of why they provided such a boost to relic and empyreans over mythic is because ppl complain about how hard mythics are to make.
    Mythics aren't hard to make. And they are, by the dev's own admission, supposed to be the best weapons. And now they're worse off than they were relative to the relic and empyrean than before the update.

The only thing about mythics that has been 'hard' in the last couple of years was the time investment in terms of once-per-day bottlenecks meaning it took 50-100 days, minimum to make one (depending on if you had done any assaults or not).
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Pretty sure the joke Mythic is Nagi, at least Gastraphetes was good for trueflight. Ranged Mythics seem to be an exception to the Mythics getting the short end as both benefit most from their magical weaponskills and they got magic damage added to the weapon as well as special ammo with high magic attack bonus. At least Mythic cors won't have to worry about shooting their Animikii Bullet anymore.
    On the other hand ranged mythics still have worse AM3. The magic dmg stat on them looks cool but remember it does little to magic dmg with high base dmgs so in this case it doesn't really do much. The +50 agi on Armageddon will actually increase dmg more on the ranged magical ws. In fact arma just might be better overall... better aftermath better wf before count ammo though worse tf/ls dmg better physical dmg
    (1)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-12-2016 at 02:29 AM.

Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 LastLast