Page 26 of 91 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Emitremmus View Post
    How about we wait and see what the future holds?
    I'd be all for that if someone from the dev team came here and said something along the lines of:

"Don't worry, I know it may sound strange but rest assured nothing is gonna happen, we have big plans about your concerns and trust me you won't be disappointed. We have a lot of stuff planned, just wait and see!"

Instead of:

"I'm sorry to hear so many disappointed people, I wasn't expecting it. I'm doing my best to find a solution about this issue, maybe I've found one and it could be this XXX, but I don't know if we'll be able to implement it because we lack manpower. Sorry! Doin my best!"

Do you get the difference, right?
    The first is a person who has everything already planned in mind, he was expecting this reaction, everything is going exactely according to his plans.
    Maybe I won't like his plans, but at least I know he has one and everything is going perfectly to how he planned stuff.

The second is a person who wasn't expecting things to go this way, not to this degree. In the rush of the moment he worked his ass off to find a last-minute solution, he found one... maybe.
    But it's not really 100% convincing so he's still working on it.
    Also, he's not even sure if he'll be able to implement it because they don't have many employees and they had different plans and weren't really planning to be needing this last minute solution.

See? How can you trust someone like this? How can you have faith in his ideas, his plans? I have none, at the moment.
    (6)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 05-03-2013 at 02:00 AM.
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    regarding that statement, remember Matsui isn't the only developer, he's more of a represenative with more power... so it could fly through the walls, and other developers might be cracks in the walls; either way it could be that they could not make anything weaker than a certain # of hp mobs... because everything in SoA already is meant for 99 content, NOT 75 kinda like abyssea. because the mobs are actually tougher in SoA they might have needed to make NMs llike they used to be but realized we dont really have the weapons like we did back then (remember back then Relics weren't the best at times, if you don't remember SMN burning every HNM)... they just need to recreate balance in magic jobs, and up dmg on r/e/ms but that's difficult because how can they (that's their thoughts on the issue now I believe)
    (1)

Character
    Dinah
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I agree he could be a little more reassuring with all of the problems coming up as of late. That of course would hold the backlash off for a bit. But, alternatively, he's being honest and saying it might not happen soon and that the manpower is lacking at the moment.

Fact is, you're never going to make everyone happy 100% of the time. I play this game for what it's worth, and what I put in is what I get out of it. Even a Joyeuse was a big accomplishment for me after getting married and having a kid (I went from in-depth player to pretty-freakin-casual player), but I didn't trip balls after it became obsolete. I've always been satisfied with FFXI and the direction it has taken. I have no qualms that this will all work out in the end, and to be honest, those that ragequit over something like this are just going to make the game that much more enjoyable with their absence.
    (1)
    *Dinah logs in to the official forums. Dinah's faith in hume-anity declines by .9*

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've really been trying to sit quietly about this, for various reasons, but this post had a lot of good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I am not pissed that the pants I spent about 175M on a few weeks before the patch got outdated. I expected it.
    I think this should sink in a bit. Obviously Byrth is obviously not just some casual player, but paying 175M on pants that are expected to get outdated fairly quickly (unless I'm misunderstanding, he expected them to be outdated within around a 1~3 month time period) is definitely not something normal for most players.

Many players will do Dynamis for around 3 months to get currency that is worth under that 175M mark rather then paying for it for example.

I haven't been playing enough recently to know how the game economy is faring, but for the casual player, making gil in excessively large amounts is difficult, especially if you don't craft or fish very much. Berating players who have such difficulties doesn't change this.

Perhaps this is the way it is for gil, but with the expectations that have been built up with weapons, for better or for worse you have players who invested into something (especially players who only have a 95+ Relic) with the expectation that it would always be competitive.

Relatively, they're going to be more invested by a wide margin when compared with players like Byrth, and to add insult to injury, they likely won't be able to get whatever weapon to the 99 mark because of past actions on SE's part either. So they're stuck with a 95 Relic which is now a shadow of its former self. Berating players who would have difficulties upgrading it to 99 doesn't change this.

I do definitely understand how livid more casual players that recently completed their first RME to 99 might be.
    I don't really have any of these, so personally I'm not very livid, although I am fully capable of understanding the position of those who are.

Personally, I have a Gambateinn that I've been slowly working on.

This is mostly because it was always going to be a placeholder for having a Mjollnir until I got one, and partly because it has just been on the backburner to everything else. It is a placeholder in part because the weapon skill is more of a utility weapon skill, and not in a good way like Catastrophe or Myrkr, especially since White Mage already has Mystic Boon and more cures then any other class.

This was further complicated back at 90->95 when players learned that it costs 1500 HMP to upgrade from 90->95. Obviously for a second rate weapon that was already inferior to the Relic, it is not really intelligent to sink the upgrade costs in for this.

Then, the update before this last update, a weapon was added to the game that outdid the damage of Gambateinn even at 95, and since I didn't intend on taking it past 90 ever, this put the nails in the coffin for anything but very niche utility usage. Obviously I'm more sad for Mjollnir, but as I don't have one, I'm not too worried.

Still, there is now talk of wanting players to get these weapons to 99 to get the weapon skills or something without it? Who is going to take this weapon to 99, sinking in millions of gil for the absurdly niche usage?

Maybe the dev team has a point with all this, but either mistakes were made previously or they were made now, or even both, and fixing them isn't necessarily going to be easy, but this is mostly on the dev team right now.

Also, it was always "competes." It was never "crushes into obscurity." This is definitely "crushes into obscurity."
    And RME weapons, while very significantly better then normal weapons, didn't have such a large gap between normal weapons and themselves as there is between the new high damage weapons and previous weapons (excluding RME) that there is now.

I don't know how far this is going to go, but pulse weapons from Voidwatch are similar in difficulty to the WoE coin weapons or maybe even harder. Obviously these might not be "special" enough to warrant actually adjusting the items themselves, but acquisition costs will need looked after... again.

-

And as another side thought, the magic changes (lowering cast times and normalizing damage differences between different elements) seemed pretty cut and dry when proposed, I'm somewhat disappointed that wasn't updated with SoA or soon after. This is even more important with high damage weapons now that magic will have to compete with an even higher target.
    (6)

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    I'd be all for that if someone from the dev team came here and said something along the lines of:

"Don't worry, I know it may sound strange but rest assured nothing is gonna happen, we have big plans about your concerns and trust me you won't be disappointed. We have a lot of stuff planned, just wait and see!"

Instead of:

"I'm sorry to hear so many disappointed people, I wasn't expecting it. I'm doing my best to find a solution about this issue, maybe I've found one and it could be this XXX, but I don't know if we'll be able to implement it because we lack manpower. Sorry! Doin my best!"

Do you get the difference, right?
    The first is a person who has everything already planned in mind, he was expecting this reaction, everything is going exactely according to his plans.
    Maybe I won't like his plans, but at least I know he has one and everything is going perfectly to how he planned stuff.

The second is a person who wasn't expecting things to go this way, not to his degree. In the rush of the moment he worked his ass off to find a last-minute solution, he found one... maybe.
    But it's not really 100% convincing so he's still working on it.
    Also, he's not even sure if he'll be able to implement it because they don't have many employees and they had different plans and weren't really planning to be needing this last minute solution.

See? How can you trust someone like this? How can you have faith in his ideas, his plans? I have none, at the moment.
    XD and that bottom half is something that sounds like something I'd hear at my jobs in CE (where we learn how to sell better) you gotta sound like the professional not the peddler... so he needs confidence >.>
    (0)

Character
    Sirlarson
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    everybody stop ff 11 if r/m/e no upgrade and don't buy ff14
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahlum View Post
    I think that is entirely the point; why release these new super delve weapons when you have no idea what you want to do with the old ones!
    Thank you, Sir. Well said.

I think it's cool that you wanna release these super weapons. But it's obvious that you guys are not taking into consideration of most casual players (myself included) who work hard to get things done just to have them be obsolete shortly after. If you guys are unsure on what to do with the old stuff... why add even more things? It never stopped you guys in the past has it? I think Balance has completely taken on a new meaning. Sorry to say. But bad move, you guys. Just saying. It has not stopped you all before in the past to NOT implement something because you were unsure how it would affect balance and other players. IE: New SJA and Merits, ect... Or heck even take things away from other jobs IE: Embrava, PD, Cure V and Flash on RDM, Utsusemi: San. The list can go on...
    (2)

Player
    I could see something like the currently proposed adjustment working, even though the exact adjustment mentioned is disappointment given written form.

Maybe part of the other bonuses of the weapons could be imparted along with the Weaponskill. Relics could award a +40 Accuracy or Attack Job Trait when equipped with that weapon type, Empyreans could award their +Stat bonus as a Job Trait when equipped with that weapon type, and Mythics could award their unique bonus(es) is as a job trait.

That wouldn't address everything that's changing, such as people with Mythics being forced to move to much less interesting weapons due to the loss of aftermath, but it would would give people something and show that the Development Bros have some understanding that people don't just make super weapons for the often disappointing weaponskills. Given that the new weapons have super-duper-hyper-crazy-retarded base damage on them, some degree of change is very much intended and probably inevitable.

The change just needs to be akin to somebody shaking the apple cart or tossing a few oranges in it. The current change is more like someone dressed as an orange turning the apple cart over, picking up the apples, and finally throwing those apples at the apple merchant while howling at him that his wife does obscene things with apple trees and making it a point to describe those acts in lurid detail from an apple tree's perspective.
    (6)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's true, ever since Scars of Abyssea or so, the game's emphasis has been all about making RME weapons. This is what we've been doing since the Fall of 2010. The whole game revolved around it.

Abyssea took Empyrean weapons to 90. Voidwatch was introduced to take them to 99. Dynamis was revamped to help people farm currency, make Relic weapons, and take them to 99. Salvage was the last event to be updated and it created a large influx of Alexandrite to help people finish Mythic weapons. Along the way, Nyzul and Einherjar were revamped, and this also helped people with Mythic progress.

SE has spent the last 2.5 years encouraging us to make weapons. Anybody who was around at this time should agree. SE was basically telling us to make weapons. The content introduced would tell anybody as much.

In addition, the economy revolves around the events I mentioned. Dynamis, Salvage, and Voidwatch are accessible to almost anyone and are extremely important to the game's economic well-being. Now what, Matsui?
    (6)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This game has been around a little over ten years, right? I have paid and put time into this game, right? I mean, yea, sure, there are times when the game has to change, but why like this? You put new stuff out there and hope the player base runs up to you with open arms accepting the gifts you bring. Unfortunately, this is not case this time around.

I mean, what kind of absurd idea is this? This is like a father giving his son a brand new car AFTER his son worked hard to restore the piece of junk he bought. The first stages of REM's are garbage but with dedication and heart, they become something great.

The whole expansion seems rushed. SE, you don't know what is happening or what you are doing. You are just trying to toss things at us and hope we get them and be content. I personally don't own a R/E/M, but I do know what hard work is and how time/money plays into this game. The Magian Trials were awesome and well thought-out. Abyssea was great and well though-out. Its kinda sucks that everything that came after is rushed and leaves the rest of us scratching our heads.

THat's my little rant for the day.
    (2)

Page 26 of 91 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast