Page 30 of 91 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    The simplest and dirtiest solution is just tack on +75 or however much onto RME so they're still a little better than everything else. It's still kinda lazy but problem solved.
    this is, in my opinion, the 2nd best way to handle the problem. I think they should just nerf all the delve weapons... it's fine if they're still the best, but the margin at which all the new weapons surpass everything prior to adoulin is sickening.
    (2)

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    looking at how to build the weapons tho (the craftable ones)... each one needs an item drop from one of the Naakuals... to craft... I haven't heard of anyone getting the naakual weapons yet... because I haven't seen a single one of the craft items on any ah, so in short... maybe this is going to be that difficult to get those weapons... maybe SE should just make the R/E/Ms match the plasmid ones... but still... IDK, and IDK if anyone knows how hard the naakuals are now/gonna be, maybe the naakuals at their top tiered versions are going to be the next AV/PW...
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    Are you going to delude yourself into beliving that if you stay with them, they will actually fix the mess they made when they werent listening even when we were funding them? In the real world, if the ones funding the programs dont like the results, funding is cut or pulled, how is it different here? If we keep paying like nothing is wrong, they will not listen, if we cut their earnings, they will take notice.
    No, I will not delude myself into thinking that things will change the way I want them to just because I pay them and give feedback. SE has never taken my advice on any topic. However, I am (overall) happy with the direction the game is going regardless of all these game-shattering changes, so I continue to pay them, and I continue to support them.

However, if you stop paying the government because you're unhappy with the roads around your area of town, you lose all right to complain about the roads because you no longer pay for them.
    (3)

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    O.O WHY ARE WE COMPLAINING, I"M LOOKING AT THE GEARS AGAIN AND OMG THEY ALL SEXY!!!!!!!!! excuse my language but still O.O who cares if it's easy mode, this stuff is awesome...

and we all know they're going to eventually boost R/E/Ms anyway...
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    No, I will not delude myself into thinking that things will change the way I want them to just because I pay them and give feedback. SE has never taken my advice on any topic. However, I am (overall) happy with the direction the game is going regardless of all these game-shattering changes, so I continue to pay them, and I continue to support them.

However, if you stop paying the government because you're unhappy with the roads around your area of town, you lose all right to complain about the roads because you no longer pay for them.
    This argument is horribly, logically flawed and this is how: You are comparing a company that released a product/service that you voluntarily agreed to "Terms and Conditions" in order to participate in/play; subsequently you are paying on a monthly basis.

This isn't about the government, this isn't about roads...

As everyone who has argued against the proposed upcoming changes to R/M/E weapons have already, repeatedly stated... many feel that cutting the flow of the subscriptions towards something they are "not" happy with, should in the long run, garner the attention of the company who released the product/service in the first place to "not" release a modified product or service to a player base that is "not happy" or that is grossly unsatisfied with the direction the company has chosen to take.

If you are actively paying for a product or service to a company and you voice your concerns that the direction the company has chosen to take is "flawed" or lacks appropriate insight based on numerous, numerous customer related complaints, and if the company chooses to continue in the same said direction (which it most certainly can choose to do)....then it is LOGICAL that those who are actively "paying" subscriptions may opt to no longer pay said subscriptions which will of course affect the company's "bottom line" which will of course affect the product or service that was previously benefiting from those subscriptions, which will of course garner the attention of the company's asset management or finance department due to lower monthly income etc.

In the end, its all economics. That being said, as of May 31, 2013 my 10+ years subscription will lapse, and I will no longer play this game until this issue associated with R/M/E weapons that I have dedicated at least 9 months to raising to lvl 99 has been addressed to MY SATISFACTION.

So, in effect... if Square-Enix Developers do NOTHING... then I shall PAY NOTHING. Quite simple really.
    (10)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post

My membership expires in two days, and as i am still subscribed during this time, i am still considered as a paying customer, and thus until then still have the right to complain. Those days are already payed for so for the next two days i may freely express my complaints as vocally as i like, much to your chagrin.

I understand why some rush to defend these changes, however i dont, and i wont fund the project further just so that you may get your enjoyment from it. If you are worried about the project's funding, you and others can make up the difference, and subscribe to more accounts to offset those quitting.

But urging others who dont like the menu to order anyway and waste money is rude, and blaming the customer for the restaurant's poor menu is pretty naive and nonsensical. The restaurant will improve if their customer base declines sharp enough, or if enough customers complain and refuse to order the food. We have been complaining a long time, and the food still sucks, so ill eat elsewhere. Maybe ill be back in a month or two to try some things, and see if i am enjoying the menu, but at this time, i am not, and its only sated my hunger by its poor quality taking the urge to eat away.
    (10)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bryangelos View Post
    Actually no, my goals were to get a amano to 99 and a yochi to 99. After i finished both of those i was thinking of making a burtgang for my pld. I was having fun doing the new content with the weapons i had built over the years, and going to make more.
    I don't see why you no longer have fun doing the content you had fun one week ago.
    Does it really matter that the digit written on other people virtual goods are higher than on yours?
    if you enjoy playing the game, no it doesn't, keep enjoying the game trying to get em.
    if you didn't enjoy playing the game , wtf were you playing this game?
    (3)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xiozen View Post
    This argument is horribly, logically flawed and this is how: You are comparing a company that released a product/service that you voluntarily agreed to "Terms and Conditions" in order to participate in/play; subsequently you are paying on a monthly basis.
    Taxes are voluntary as well. Everything you do in life is voluntary. Are you trying to make the argument that the US government is not a company designed around making money? Government and politics cause so much money flow, it puts any MMO to shame. You pay your government on a regular basis, and you expect certain things in return. If your guy doesn't win, do you move to a new country? No, because that's more hassle than qutting an MMO. And you have your right to quit the MMO if you want. I wish you would stay because I personally think it's still a good game. But you're welcome to your own opinion.

Quit if you want to! I won't stop you. I'll lament the loss of you certainly. But if you quit, stop sticking around here and trying to get other people to quit. I'm still trying to enjoy this game, and it's easier to enjoy if other people play it with me.

If you are actively paying for a product or service to a company and you voice your concerns that the direction the company has chosen to take is "flawed" or lacks appropriate insight based on numerous, numerous customer related complaints, and if the company chooses to continue in the same said direction (which it most certainly can choose to do)....then it is LOGICAL that those who are actively "paying" subscriptions may opt to no longer pay said subscriptions which will of course affect the company's "bottom line" which will of course affect the product or service that was previously benefiting from those subscriptions, which will of course garner the attention of the company's asset management or finance department due to lower monthly income etc.
    An interesting, and very long sentence you raise. Tell me: how many things has SE changed because people quit the game over them? Because I can accurately tell you that at least one active player sired the age of cheese sammiches, so at a 0/1 rate, your chances of affecting how the game works are better as an active member than they are as a quitter.

Several people quit the game over Voidwatch drop rates. How many of them came back after pulse cells? How many completely new members did we gain as a result? In the business sense, it's better to ignore such players and focus on appeasing those players who are on the borderline, not over it. Once they've given up, they've given up, and there's no helping it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 05-03-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Character
    Risae
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    You just said, in effect, 'when you mess up, just focus on who doesn't leave', but this isn't that. This is before the messup. This is 'still time to prevent it'.

And please note it's really really relevant that cheese sandwiches in the game suck even relative to their ingredients. It's not 'affecting how the game works' if you ask for, say, my personal haunt, Conserve MP food for mages, and get a level 102 cooking synth with an ingredient drop from an NM that gives Conserve MP +1.

Damage control.
    (3)

Character
    Zohno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    is it so hard to understand the value we give to the weapons we took time and money to make?
    i think it's not difficult to get that it's a little harder then going to ah and input some digits to find your new shiny weapon in your bag. and don't say it's not the case with delve, because it's what will happen.

we were assured that these weapons would be the best in game, they have been so for years, that's why we spent what we did on those. they have been updated through trials to keep their worth. even salvage gear got its own upgrade with salvage II to repay the effort people took in making them.
    i don't see why REM cannot go through the same new upgrade system that was implemented for the new sets.

i think that if REM weren't designed the way they are (or were), most people would have tiptoed toward the ah to get a simple buyable weapon.

now they decide that's ok to revolt against the status quo? i don't know how others feel, but to me it's like restarting a game (weapon wise) because my save progress was deleted forcibly.

ps: lol at "taxes are voluntary"
    (2)
    Last edited by Zohno; 05-03-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Page 30 of 91 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast