Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    An AR2 run a day alone should get you at least a stack of alexandrite, an easy 600k right there.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    An AR2 run a day alone should get you at least a stack of alexandrite, an easy 600k right there.
    Apart from that, you can run Dynamis, which should also net a nice amount of gil.
    When there's no campaign going, Walk of Echoes makes an easy living farming coins, dies and residue as those are always in demand.
    And even on a lower ilevel that one's very easilly doable, especially since it also allows trusts these days.

And apart from the WoE stuff, selling things shouldn't be too hard either, Dynamis currency and Alexandrite can be sold on AH since the november or december patch.

And sorry to be incredibly blunt here, Yogorock; But if you have so much trouble getting gil, how and why on Vana'diel did you make a legendary weapon?
    If you haven't, this doesn't apply to you. (yet)
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 01-07-2016 at 07:15 PM.

Character
    Shaduf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Dynamis is a simple fast easy way to get gil
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We can’t provide exact details other than letting you know that the hurdle to upgrade these weapons will be high. You’ll be able to complete the upgrade process by steadily working on your goal over the course of time. Also, not only will you be able to make progress through battle content, it will also be possible to use gil as a way to complete these upgrades.
    Any plans to address the concerns that multiple people have raised re: the lack of choice in creating an afterglow weapon that a significant proportion of players - likely most - don't actually want or need?
    (2)

Character
    Cloudblade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We can’t provide exact details other than letting you know that the hurdle to upgrade these weapons will be high. You’ll be able to complete the upgrade process by steadily working on your goal over the course of time. Also, not only will you be able to make progress through battle content, it will also be possible to use gil as a way to complete these upgrades.
    I realize that our worries have most likely fallen on deaf ears, but I guess I will ask one last thing. Does this mean straight gil or items you can buy from the ah? Either way, I see a lot of RMT's happening around February. While I appreciate the cryptic hints you have given us, I would like to ask why the devs think it is fair to subject REM holders to what appears to Aeonic level quests after all of the other quests they have to do just to get to 119. Battle content would appear to mean escha or unity, given the level of the weapon attained. It would then follow that the quest is something akin to the current Aeonic quest line. So REM's have to do everything to get to 119 to then do basically what an Aeonic has to do, while the aeonic only has to do the one quest? If the rem's became stronger by a good margin over aeonics, this would be fair, but you have said that they will be "on par" with Aeonics. Where is the justice here? Do the devs want only the aeonics used, while the original best weapons are sidelined due asinine unfairness?

As a side note, I will admit that maybe we of the player base may be thinking the worst, but quite frankly, the track record gives us little else to hold onto. If it is straight gil that can be used, I'm already calling the 100 million mark as the lowest start, and that is being conservative based on record.
    (1)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I just don't understand why RME holders are subject to a large hurdle to get their weapons current again?
    RMEs themselves already take a considerable amount of: time, money, or both, to be able to even get the base weapon. From there, they already take another hurdle to even get to 119. Why does it seem difficult to give players that already own RMEs to be able to easily upgrade to make their weapon equal to Aeonics?

It does not make sense to me.
    (0)

Character
    Daisansha
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    Any plans to address the concerns that multiple people have raised re: the lack of choice in creating an afterglow weapon that a significant proportion of players - likely most - don't actually want or need?
    You do have a choice. Do or do not make the weapon.
    (1)

Character
    Daisansha
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cblade View Post
    I realize that our worries have most likely fallen on deaf ears, but I guess I will ask one last thing. Does this mean straight gil or items you can buy from the ah? Either way, I see a lot of RMT's happening around February. While I appreciate the cryptic hints you have given us, I would like to ask why the devs think it is fair to subject REM holders to what appears to Aeonic level quests after all of the other quests they have to do just to get to 119. Battle content would appear to mean escha or unity, given the level of the weapon attained. It would then follow that the quest is something akin to the current Aeonic quest line. So REM's have to do everything to get to 119 to then do basically what an Aeonic has to do, while the aeonic only has to do the one quest? If the rem's became stronger by a good margin over aeonics, this would be fair, but you have said that they will be "on par" with Aeonics. Where is the justice here? Do the devs want only the aeonics used, while the original best weapons are sidelined due asinine unfairness?

As a side note, I will admit that maybe we of the player base may be thinking the worst, but quite frankly, the track record gives us little else to hold onto. If it is straight gil that can be used, I'm already calling the 100 million mark as the lowest start, and that is being conservative based on record.

For you to say that it will be an aeonic level quest is ridiculous on your part. Grekumah said you can make progress steadily by battle content and also can make progress by gil. This is not aeonic. Aeonic does not allow steady progress by means of gil. It is get 50k beads, then kill all the pop NMs in each of the three zones. Considering how difficult the aeonic quest is (no one has been able to complete it because it is so difficult), the two quests can't even be compared.
    (0)

Character
    Daisansha
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithlas View Post
    I just don't understand why RME holders are subject to a large hurdle to get their weapons current again?
    RMEs themselves already take a considerable amount of: time, money, or both, to be able to even get the base weapon. From there, they already take another hurdle to even get to 119. Why does it seem difficult to give players that already own RMEs to be able to easily upgrade to make their weapon equal to Aeonics?

It does not make sense to me.
    The quests to make aeonics are not easy, whereas REMs are easy but can require quite a bit of time. Why should you get upgraded to the best weapons in the game with little to no effort? By the sounds of Grekumah's post you will be able to get the upgraded REMs with effort and not almost impossibly difficult content like aeonic weapons making requires.
    (1)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisansha View Post
    You do have a choice. Do or do not make the weapon.
    I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I was reflecting on the fact that SE have effectively revoked an existing, very significant choice that was fundamental to the nature of these special weapons. I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect that a choice of that type would be taken forward in an upgrade path like this. After all, this isn't a case of making the weapons "even better" - it's actually returning them to their intended status as some of the best weapons in the entire game, which is a status they have lost.

"Do or do not make the weapon" is a bit of an oversimplification when we consider the motivation for this upgrade path being presented to us in the first place.
    (0)

Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast