Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cloudblade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The fact that player behavior may change is a poor excuse. Aeonics can already be made, so giving a hint as to what trial is needed for rem's for an update 2 months away would most likely help. It would put people's minds at ease about what the trial will be (or cause people to quit, as I and others will most likely do if its stupidly difficult - I am sadly betting on this one being what the player behavior comment was about), but it would allow rem's to catch up to aeonic power more quickly when the update comes out. The last "great challenges" - as the devs have said non-afterglow holders will have - we were given were relics at lvl 75, mythics in general, pandemonium warden when it came out before it was nerfed, etc. That is not a good track record for making people think it will be an accomplishable goal. Giving a hint as to item needed or a quantity needed would most likely calm a lot of the enmity from the player base.

As to the previous post saying to just not upgrade the weapon if it is too difficult, we worked for the weapons and put more blood and sweat into making them than any Aeonic user will most likely know. We were then forced to upgrade them. We were fine with this, even if it wasn't free (which the prior post seems to insinuate). The part we didn't like was the near impossible goal after what we had done of Afterglow. Before it was nerfed, the time requirement was so high it was laughable. That alone sets doubts in the minds of REM holders as to what the last trial is. I sometimes feel that the trials aren't even tested well based on the factor of time. So many trials come out or fights get created where the player base goes, "Did they even test this? What where they thinking?" and then creates a backlash at the devs (and sometimes news stories) until it is "nerfed" (AKA fixed to a reasonable level - although even current afterglow requirements are still not reasonable for the boost they give).
    (0)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cblade View Post
    As to the previous post saying to just not upgrade the weapon if it is too difficult, we worked for the weapons and put more blood and sweat into making them than any Aeonic user will most likely know. We were then forced to upgrade them.
    My point is, that if the afterglow upgrade was too difficult for you, then you didn't do it. You weren't forced to upgrade your weapon to the afterglow version. Applying that same logic to this situation: if this new upgrade is too difficult for you, simply don't do it. No one's forcing you to do this new upgrade. You don't have to quit the game if this new upgrade is too difficult, just simply do what you did when the afterglow upgrade came out: use the weapon you currently have, and don't upgrade it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cblade View Post
    We were fine with this, even if it wasn't free (which the prior post seems to insinuate).
    My mistake, not all upgrades were free. When I said this I had the ilvl 119 version upgrades in mind, which are extremely cheap to make.
    (1)

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Your point makes no sense, Rakshaka. The reason we didn't do the afterglow upgrade is because there is no difference between our non-afterglow weapons an afterglow weapons except a practically useless buff that we don't even receive.

With the update to 119, there were separate paths for Afterglow and non-Afterglow mythics. I don't have afterglow, not because it's too hard, but simply because it was not worth the effort involved for effectively nothing but bragging rights.

I won't even begin to address what else is wrong.
    (0)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So, correct me if I'm wrong, but your point is that you evaluate whether or not the benefit of the upgrade is worth the time spent doing the upgrade, then decide whether or not to do the upgrade based on that. In the case of the original afterglow weapons, you thought that the time spent on the upgrade wasn't worth the benefit involved, so you didn't do the upgrade. But, what if the original afterglow upgrade was a substantial buff to the weapon that still required as much work as the afterglow upgrade? Would you have quit at that point in time?
    Quote Originally Posted by machini View Post
    If the amount of work I am going to have to put in to upgrade my mythic to its 'final form' approaches afterglow, then I think that's it right there. Hanging it up, closing my accounts, finding something new to do with my life.
    It sounds like maybe you would have quit? I can't answer that for you, but it's something to keep in mind. In any case, since your method of determining whether or not to upgrade the weapon is based on difficulty vs. reward, then apply that same logic to the upgrades that are coming out in Feb: see how good the upgrades are to your weapon, weigh them against the tasks that you need to perform in order to get the weapon, then make the decision whether or not to upgrade it. I don't understand where the "I'll quit the game if I deem that the upgrade is substantial, but the tasks to get it are too difficult" logic comes from.

Please feel free to address what else is wrong. I like healthy discussions.
    (1)

Character
    Cloudblade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The cost to benefit ratio is something done with all things in the game. The issue is that the afterglow was something that was purposely too difficult to be done by 99% of the player base. It not only was near impossibly hard, but it gave little to no benefit: a glow effect and such a minimal buff it almost can't be detected to party members. This buff is even smaller at 119, but it was something we just laughed at for the absurdity because we could still use our weapons without it. The new update would make our weapons we currently use obsolete compared to Aeonics, despite the fact we have already put more effort into them than it takes to create an Aeonic, unless we do this absurd (or similar) task. If you could create an REM from scratch and it be Aeonic level with the afterglow requirements as the ONLY quest, then it might be more reasonable, but we have had to do quests for years to slowly upgrade them to keep them more useful than newly implemented ah or nm weapons. We have done enough, but are still willing to do a reasonable quest. We are not happy with having to put 3-50x the effort we have put into making the rem all the way to 119 (already multiple times the effort of creating an Aeonic for an entire alliance) again into our rem's in order to have them on par with Aeonics. It is clearly weighted against people using anything other than reisen jse (some better than 119 rem's already) and Aeonic weapons. A slight irony in making rem's take, when taking into account an entire alliance can get an aeonic for every aeonic questline completed, 80-200x the time for completion with the afterglow quest is that the devs said they wanted more weapons to be used. This was one of their reasons behind not upgrading rem's to 119 until so much backlash got them to change their minds. REM's were already almost destroyed despite all the effort, and that alone caused people to quit; however, forcing rem users to do even more quests that alone take 50-150x as long as it takes to get an aeonic from scratch will reduce the number of different weapons being used as rem players will not upgrade. You can't say you want more weapons to be used and then say that the original best weapons must do an originally joke quest due to its absurdity to stay current in order to save time.

The point is that the afterglow quest is already not worth the benefit compared to the difficulty of Aeonics even if it was the only quest. It is, however, not the only quest rem's have had to do. There is also the issue of the excuse for why rem's are being forced into this: "save time and resources." Saving time and resources is never a good excuse to force a player base to do things they quite reasonably should not have to do in order to keep their gear current. The entire issue could be nullified if they would just split the quests as they have in the past. This would not only take little time to do, but even if it took extra time, we would be willing to wait for a finished product. This is most likely the exact thinking that has led the last FF games to be met with such criticism: rush the product through to save time.
    (1)

We can’t provide exact details other than letting you know that the hurdle to upgrade these weapons will be high. You’ll be able to complete the upgrade process by steadily working on your goal over the course of time. Also, not only will you be able to make progress through battle content, it will also be possible to use gil as a way to complete these upgrades.
    (1)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We can’t provide exact details other than letting you know that the hurdle to upgrade these weapons will be high. You’ll be able to complete the upgrade process by steadily working on your goal over the course of time. Also, not only will you be able to make progress through battle content, it will also be possible to use gil as a way to complete these upgrades.

sound good. :/
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    To Bad not all of us can gil afford it as I'm betting I'm not the only one always broke on gils or near nil gils all of the time in the game with all the way things are these days and those shouting back in the opposite direction at me for mentioning this can be expected by a few here. I'm lucky if I reach 200,000 or 300,000 gils or a lot of times just barely 100,000 gils even here, Just saying it Grekumah.

Although winning first place mog bonanza gils in just the thought of it would be nice.....but any-who's.
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 01-07-2016 at 05:32 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If you can only reach 300k you aren't doing things correctly. Just using your sparks alone you can get 1m from capped sparks and you can get that an endless amount of ways. Not trying to defend how they are doing this but to say you only have around 300k at most times is kinda sad given how this game throws gil at you in practically everything you can think of.
    (1)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    If you can only reach 300k you aren't doing things correctly. Just using your sparks alone you can get 1m from capped sparks and you can get that an endless amount of ways. Not trying to defend how they are doing this but to say you only have around 300k at most times is kinda sad given how this game throws gil at you in practically everything you can think of.
    Then more in details please? What/what item and where or how in what way/methods carried out to reach that end gil goal, plus thanks Ange!

Edit: Also Note a path for that same goals in that amount of gil that can be done in a very short hour or maybe 2 in the very same day, if its possible even too!?

2nd Edit: Well I always save my RoE sparks for only using them on skill up books and tomes but after I always use those sparks on the skillups books/tomes they're gone quickly, Sorry!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 01-07-2016 at 05:29 PM.
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast