Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
    Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    What I said will certainly get me banned, so let's rephrase a little...

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    I'm willing to wait and see what the requirements to upgrade are going to be before I brandish my pitchfork but as people have pointed out, SE are risking annoying a bulk of their playerbase to satisfy a minority of players who spent millions of gil on a minor upgrade. So now years down the line they get an advantage by getting these top tier weapons not only a lot easier but potentially weeks ahead of the majority of the player base if the requirements are particularly daunting.
    Square does not care about English opinions, at all. Not even one. No one can theoretically be happy about this upgrade. It exists for the sole purpose of being the largest time sink they could come up with on short notice. The people without glows are going to have a rather daunting task, that will take the rich 10 minutes and the casual a life time. The people with afterglows should be FURIOUS. But no one cares about Pchan's opinion, and he's the only one that actually has an afterglow, right? (lol) ((underflows are so lame)). Their special snowflake status is being shit upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Not to forget that some of these afterglow weapons would have been achieved by either illegitemate or now closed off means, fishbotting Haks, chocobo blinkers and the big daddy of them all, the Salvage pos hacking exploit which got some people millions of gil and a slap on the wrist because it was their first ban.
    This has nothing to really do with anything. 99% of all R/M/E weapons in the beginning were obtained @ 75 the exact same way (there was always that one crazy THF stealing 24/7 to fund the first Mandau on each server that earned it without cheating.) . 100% of Idris and Epoliatry were obtained the exact same way. Every. Single. Idris/Epiolitry was only able to be made from programming. The grind was absurd, and not a single person earned without buying HP bayld from someone who made them in that manner. ~50% of Afterglows were actually NOT obtained that way, they were underflowed. (irrelevant arguement)

Point is cheating is a thing. It's always gonna be a thing. Afterglow is frivolous. If you want something to complain about, the only thing you have any ability to do so upon would be how terrible afterglow effects are. If a party of 6 people all have afterglows, there is actually zero point in anyone having afterglows, because they don't stack (do they?). And how UGLY the red glow is, and how PLAIN the white glow is. The blue glow is aight.

Spolier: The first Aeonics will be made due to people cheating too.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 01-15-2016 at 07:36 PM.

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    People in my linkshell have been mentioning the same, I may be looking in the wrong direction here (Playonline site/FFXI Youtube channel) but I can't find it.
    It's probably somewhere in the Japanese area of these forums, but since my Japanese is limited to reading kana and ordering food and drinks, chances are I won't find it that easy.
    Mind sharing the link?
    Here is the link.
    https://youtu.be/WlWMHIFUj0k?t=33m9s
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisansha View Post
    That's just wishful thinking on your part. Your reasoning for it being included in the text makes no sense whatsoever. SE wouldn't have included it in the text without some very good reason, namely, you aren't allowed to use it. Any other reason falls short of being legitimate as SE wouldn't have bothered to put it in there in the first place. And yes, we will "know" it for sure as soon as someone goes and gets 11 mil silt and brews one of the NMs they haven't killed yet.
    Maybe it's just negative thinking otherwise. As far as reasoning... aside from the fact that most the text in the game that SE "bothers to put in the first place" is pure flavor you could make the same argument in reverse. That SE wouldn't have failed to include to give everyone the warning if it in fact was a requirement especially with a steep cost and then also fail to respond to questions about it.

Regardless my point isn't that it definitely can or can't be done. Just that as of right now while we have reason to believe it wont work we also don't know for a fact it wont and as such have to consider both possibilities and not make definite statements that you can or can't
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 01-16-2016 at 04:34 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Every. Single. Idris/Epiolitry was only able to be made from programming. The grind was absurd, and not a single person earned without buying HP bayld from someone who made them in that manner. ~50% of Afterglows were actually NOT obtained that way, they were underflowed. (irrelevant arguement)

Epeoltry owner chiming in. 100% farmed the entire thing. Granted it took me a lot longer than most people and I was tri-box farming usually and doing silly things like using the skirmish parts I got to do balyd farming skirmish runs for hours on end. And I've completely sworn off making an Idris.

Kind of curious about the aeonics though last I saw there wasn't any real huge time sink involved that people would try to cheat past. I think all nms have been killed
    (1)

Character
    Bryangelos
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    For Relic, Mythic, Empyrean and Ergon weapons, players will be able to upgrade these weapons even if you have not unlocked their afterglows. If a weapon has had its afterglow unlocked, the amount of resources required to upgrade these weapons in the future will be eased.

Players can choose to complete the afterglow step now and then complete the additional new quests, or complete the new quests without unlocking the afterglow for a weapon to upgrade it. All the upgraded legendary arms, except for Ergon weapons, will have an afterglow effect.

The reason for adding afterglow to all these weapons is that we want to use the space allotted to the Trial of the Magians system to allow for the possibility of expansion in the future.

I find it funny that Ergon owners have to go through the harder path, yet they don't get the afterglow...
    (4)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bryangelos View Post
    I find it funny that Ergon owners have to go through the harder path, yet they don't get the afterglow...
    Not to mention have the fact that they already cost 2-3 times as much to make than empyreans and mythics in the first place....
    (2)

You know the sad part about this is that most of us, despite our protests, will end up doing whatever they've got planned.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
    Should those players get screwed over Alhanelem?
    No, but there are many ways to solve this. They could provide compensation, for instance. Lower the requirements for afterglow by like 80% and then give everyone who completed one that number of items to compensate. They still have their afterglows, and can selll them to other people. there will definitely be a high demand.

Of course, the best solution is to simply keep the two upgrade paths and not force people to get afterglows to continue upgrading...
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I agree with you there.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    100% of Idris and Epoliatry were obtained the exact same way. Every. Single. Idris/Epiolitry was only able to be made from programming. The grind was absurd, and not a single person earned without buying HP bayld from someone who made them in that manner. ~50% of Afterglows were actually NOT obtained that way, they were underflowed. (irrelevant arguement)

Point is cheating is a thing. It's always gonna be a thing. Afterglow is frivolous. If you want something to complain about, the only thing you have any ability to do so upon would be how terrible afterglow effects are. If a party of 6 people all have afterglows, there is actually zero point in anyone having afterglows, because they don't stack (do they?). And how UGLY the red glow is, and how PLAIN the white glow is. The blue glow is aight.

I bought/farmed all of my HPBs for the first Idris, I don't really care where they came from. Cheating might be a thing, but SE should consider how a system can be cheated with something as simple as afk botting before they implement it. Not to say something more involved like Mythics can't be botted since they certainly can, but it's not as simple as parking botted alts at every reive possible. Not to mention grinding your own Ergon is incredibly boring, no difference in content, just grind WKRs and reives. Joy. The CSs involved in upgrading it were a step above RMEs progression though, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by bryangelos View Post
    I don't even mind going the 'hard' route, but not getting a glow is pretty silly. :/ After this update, if someone is glowing, they've most likely gotten the new version. But for Ergon owners, there'll be no visible difference between the new and old, and considering how they're making this additional work sound pretty involved, it's just silly. Hopefully the boost is at least substantial, they'd need to add a hefty amount of nuking stats to make it top Solstice, and I highly doubt they'd touch the +Geomancy nor the -Pet DT.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast