Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Level 99 Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and WoE Weapons

Greetings everyone,

Below is a comment from Producer Akihiko Matsui about level 99 relic, mythic, empyrean, and Walk of Echoes weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here.

I have some follow-up information regarding how we plan to build on relic, mythic, empyrean, and Walk of Echoes ("coin") weapons (I'll refer to them as RMEC below. Apologies that I left out coin weapons in my last post).

There are many who feel upset and uneasy regarding the recently introduced weapons, as well as the information that has been conveyed until now. So while this information is still not finalized, I would like to give a bit more insight into our plans.

We are planning to unlock the special weapon skills that are granted from RMEC weapons when you have upgraded them to their level 99 form (this includes non-afterglow weapons, and shield/instruments will not be included in this). However, we plan on adding some conditions that fall in line with the jobs that can equip the respective RMEC weapons.

As we have yet to finish all the testing as to whether or not we can do this, please let me again reiterate that this is not yet finalized.

Due to the nature of this topic, we definitely need to proceed carefully, so despite the fact that I'm only mentioning this at the idea level, I understand that the level of disappointment will be quite great if I say that it is too difficult to accomplish this after all, and I was thinking it would be best to let you all know once it took a bit more shape.

You're probably thinking "if that’s the case, then don’t announce anything," but because I thought it wouldn't be good to not let you know anything until plans were finalized I decided to make this post. (I've been under so much stress I feel like I'm going to get an ulcer >< But I know I shouldn't be complaining.)

While the memories you made and the stats on your equipment cannot always be proportionate, we are trying our best to see if we can keep all of the effort spent on earning these weapons intact.

We plan to do all that we can, but please give us some time for this.

He also follows up on a player's comment, which I've summarized below:

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post

I have the following questions/comments regarding the unlocking of these special weapon skills, and I'm sure a lot of others are thinking the same:

- Relics: There are gaps in a lot of the weapon skills for these weapons. For example, there is no special advantage to Knights of Round or Scourge, while on the other hand unlocking Catastrophe or Coronach would lead to the destruction of balance.

- Mythic: These weapon skills can already be unlocked through the quest "Unlocking a Myth."

- Empyrean/Coin: How will these weapon skills be differentiated for the two weapons?
    I was thinking this question would pop up.

I apologize, but unfortunately I am unable to answer anything at this point in time. One of the reasons I felt I should not have mentioned anything during a stage where various things have not been finalized yet, despite prefacing it that this is non-finalized information, was following up on individual specific questions based on supposition.

Being silent because it's not possible to answer right now would remove the whole purpose of why I posted, but on the other hand, continuing to entertain suppositions would cause expectations to grow even more wild. As a result of this, things that I didn't promise would turn into promises, and I would like to avoid making it seem like we are breaking promises.

With that said, the answer for the moment for many things will be "Sorry, but I cannot answer that right now."

Once the content has been fleshed out and confirmed I will be sure to let you all know the details, but please give me some time.
    (19)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    This is a joke, right? It's May 1st, not April 1st. Unless AM and ODD/ODT travels with the Weaponskill, this is offensive. More so to people who only recently finished.
    (86)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 05-02-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    This is a joke, right? It's May 1st, not April 1st. Unless AM and ODD/ODT travels with the Weaponskill, this is offensive. More so to people who only recently finished.
    I wouldn't find it "offensive" at all. While it's far from the only thing they should do, unlocking the relic and empy WS is certainly a nice perk, such that you get SOMETHING for your effort regardless of whether or not you use the weapon 100% of the time.

Like I said, the weapons themselves should also be updated, but I don't think, independently of that fact, that doing so is a bad idea.

It doesn't matter what weapon you use... even if you're an LOLmeleeSMN and you have claustrum/nirvana/hrvelgmir - the new staves have close to 50% more base damage.
    (3)

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    What has been done is completely unacceptable and nothing short of adjusting the damage on REM will do. Period. My accounts go inactive on May 18th and I won't be resubbing until an acceptable resolution to this terrible development direction has been established.
    (68)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Character
    Unyieldingsword
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivik View Post
    What has been done is completely unacceptable and nothing short of adjusting the damage on REM will do. Period. My accounts go inactive on May 18th and I won't be resubbing until an acceptable resolution to this terrible development direction has been established.
    Yes let us never have anything better to work towards great such fun. Make all the new content have worse drops than what we already have yes sir that's what we want every new update to be worthless tripe.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Wystan View Post
    Yes let us never have anything better to work towards great such fun. Make all the new content have worse drops than what we already have yes sir that's what we want every new update to be worthless tripe.
    Read the thread dummy. No one is asking for that.
    (6)

Character
    Unyieldingsword
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Read the thread dummy. No one is asking for that.
    Asking for an extra 150 dmg on an empy no what are you asking for then that they stay the best forever?

We wana be able to upgrade our E/M/R......Why not upgrade to a whole new weapon or is it that the new weapons are just too easy for new people to get and you have nothing to extend your E-peen with anymore?

This game was good at 75 now it's just all about the gear not the NM's not the story just grinding gear to get more gear........

Why should this mmo exclude new players so harshly try getting a group of people that don't know you to go out and do vnm's yeah good luck....

How are those new people getting on finishing the starter city clears of dyna/VW?

If they allow people to upgrade Empy weapons without obtaining the after glow well that's just a shame. Why should a half finished weapon be able to upgrade to the next form when it isn't even finished because of the amount of tears shed by less than 10% of the players but you are the only 50 people that bother to post on the forums every day and it's all tears.

RDM needs a lot of work SMN needs a lot of work E/R/M need no adjustments at all but because of waaaa yeah lets get the two devs waste time on em because a few can't handle gear progression. XI has phased out sky gear ToAU gear everything and now it's abyssea's turn to be phased out and what do we have nothing but tears no yay we got new stuffs to get new nm's to kill no we want the devs to go back a waste time on R/M/E....
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Asking for an extra 150 dmg on an empy no what are you asking for then that they stay the best forever?
    Yes. That was the whole point of these weapons. They were to be the best weapons in the game period.

[/quote]We wana be able to upgrade our E/M/R......Why not upgrade to a whole new weapon or is it that the new weapons are just too easy for new people to get and you have nothing to extend your E-peen with anymore?[/quote]

WTF does epeen have to do with this? I could apply that stupid epeen argument to every piece of gear that you own. If you think that wanting good gear is a sign of some weird overly inflated ego, You might as well quit the game now. After all, you don't want people thinking that you are overly concerned with the size of your imaginary wiener every time you lot an item right? Better to stay at level 1 forever so that no one thinks you are trying to compensate for a lack of manliness.

This game was good at 75 now it's just all about the gear not the NM's not the story just grinding gear to get more gear........
    And your solution to this is to get rid of old gear and replace it with more gear... What's it like to be schizophrenic? Is it super cool? or is it painful? Didn't you just say you wanted new gear to replace the old?

Why should this mmo exclude new players so harshly try getting a group of people that don't know you to go out and do vnm's yeah good luck....
    That's pretty much the way that every VNM has been beaten since the inception of VNMs. Have you logged into the game since VNMs came out? There have been shouts for them all day every day pretty much ever since they were invented.

How are those new people getting on finishing the starter city clears of dyna/VW?
    The same way they finished every other piece of content ever put in this game?

If they allow people to upgrade Empy weapons without obtaining the after glow well that's just a shame. Why should a half finished weapon be able to upgrade to the next form when it isn't even finished because of the amount of tears shed by less than 10% of the players but you are the only 50 people that bother to post on the forums every day and it's all tears.
    This is what you are really all about. Stirring up crap. Do us a favor and at least post some entertaining memes and videos to accompany your trolling. Maybe step up your insults too. You can do better than this.

RDM needs a lot of work SMN needs a lot of work E/R/M need no adjustments at all but because of waaaa yeah lets get the two devs waste time on em because a few can't handle gear progression. XI has phased out sky gear ToAU gear everything and now it's abyssea's turn to be phased out and what do we have nothing but tears no yay we got new stuffs to get new nm's to kill no we want the devs to go back a waste time on R/M/E....
    What does abyssea have to do with mythics and relics? Do you even play this game? You don't seem to even know what these weapons are.

I never played wow for more than the 2 week trial so your argument is that all old gear was worth using even after new gear was released.....?

Because that is total bs no one uses gear from pre 99 cap much at all ever most people only use gear from Abysea so should the devs go back and fix all the AF weapons ToAU weapons Sky weapons gear and don't forget all the gear from WotG or what about all the gear from AF quests yes all this gear is still well used by all..........No no it's not you are all just crying over wasting in your opinion so much time.
    You're just not getting it guy and I doubt you ever will.

People are and still will be using gear from pre-level-cap for a long time. You're making things up now. They may not use all of it, but they do still use it. It's a terrible comparison anyways. You and everyone else here knows that the difference between a pair of B.Haidates and a 99 relic is monumental. None of the crap you just named ever held a candle to the difficulty of acquiring one of these weapons. What's more, none of that gear was ever promoted by the dev team as the end all be all of gear like these weapons were.

Try something like this. It makes trolling more entertaining:

(12)

Character
    Replicax
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    What a complete joke, just like afterglow. No tears here.

I'd rather see 250 marrows goto 50 ppl finishing a 95 to 99 relic than some visual mark and trash hidden effect.
    (5)

10. 08-01-2013 04:26 PM

Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast