Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
    Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    While you fixing mythics requirements, please increase drop rates for cottons/linens specially, old bosses on salvage2 should be able to drop linens, they used to drop them on old salvage just dont see why they not drop on new salvage, if not make 100% cottons there, NQ Boss should ahve 50% drop rate on linens, 7-15% is too low, being 1/15 runs on linen, i know others can have better luck etc but we arent talking about that here, Cottons should have more alex 5-20 is what usually they have make it more standard to 10-20 and linens to 80-100
    (0)

Player
    I have no problem with them getting a boost, but they also need to fix Relic and Mythic WSs or give them a bonus even larger than they already have. Part of why Empyrean WSs were not given a boost when Relic and Mythic WSs were is because Relic and Mythic WSs, well... suck. Most of them are nothing compared to Empyrean WSs because they were made for level 75s, even with the 30~35% bonus most of them still suck, my Knights of Round never would beat a CDC or Req because KoR simply sucks. The same goes for some others. So if they give them a boost, they need to fix Relic and Mythic WSs so they are on par, or they need to raise the boost accordingly, so if Empyreans get 30%, Relics should get probably around 70% and Mythics around 60%, doubling the bonus, maybe then they would work out.
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    They would need to look at each WS individually, which is something they have never done, because that would require more than 5 minutes of effort (seriously...even if someone didn't understand the mechanics of the game I'd guess it'd take them at most a day of screwing around to figure out how bad some of them are, especially if you had debugging powers like "Give me 999 STR"). If you increase Mercy Stroke by 80% or whatever it'd be stupidly strong, increasing Geirskogul by 80% would still be awful. If you increased Drakesbane by 80% it would be ridiculous, if you increase Blade: Kamu by 80% it would still suck, etc. It's pretty crazy that after years and years of feedback from the playerbase, with detailed mathing out of the game for them, and 6 months to work on these weapons with constant "we're working on it guys" messages, and the result is still "input bigger DMG number into code, spend 5 months smoking weed".

I'm not really surprised by this sort of thing anymore, it's just kind of sad. I really wish they'd be more transparent about their process so maybe there's some kind of actual explanation for why it takes them 6 months to do something any knowledgeable player would take maybe a day to do.
    (5)
    Last edited by Kincard; 10-30-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Character
    Warusha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'm not really sure why I've had an active subscription for so long. I kept holding out expecting magical damage to be on par with MNK WAR DRK if properly supported but it never came. I'm almost positive if REM staves for BLM SCH SMN don't get properly fixed; I'm just done. I won't be wasting any more money on a company heading towards financial collapse, either. It's silly to think that such imbalance occurs for the jobs I've always tried playing most. I'd rather just spend free time on a more enjoyable game.

Create fair relic, empyrean, mythic weapons for magical damage dealers or I'm out. Crafted items hold almost no appeal for me. I don't want to use an Atinian staff over REM weapons, much like how a DRK doesn't want to use a senbaak.
    (5)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Additionally the aftermath effect of Geirskogul is still a 12 damage shock spikes. Does that special effect really justify having it have a lower base damage than Upukirex?
    I believe that their hidden effect OD2.5 is the justification for the lower damage, not the aftermaths.
    (0)

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    This was part of one of the translations about why they were making the dmg lower: "because they have special available weapon skills and other abilities specific to the weapons" Gungnir has a bad weaponskill and the aftermath is a 10 damage shock spikes that can't stun mobs 50 levels below the characters level let alone anything important.
    (3)

Player
    In all honesty I think mage RMEs might finally hold some promise. Probably not the Relics and Empyreans admittedly outside of Magic Accuracy since that comes hand in hand with +skill effects. Mythics however, have had actual magic based stats, and now they have finally thrown enough Magic Attack Bonus and their new Magic Damage stat that they have finally beaten the effects of Affinity, which they for some reason refused to give to the RMEs in the first place. I think they will put enough MAB/MDMG that at least the Mythic will be a great weapon for actual magic uses.
    (4)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    For empyrean weapons, we understand the necessity to upgrade these weapons with even fewer people and we would like to look into ways that will enable a lot more people to participate in Voidwatch.
    I really, really would not want to do VW ever again. The concept of Proccing for a NM's weakness and the use of temporary item takes the fun out of the game.
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leocon View Post
    Nope, sadly no jobs since RotZ have been added to relic weapons.
    Crap! You're right!
    Get on that, SE!
    >:[

Quote Originally Posted by Helldemon View Post
    What about Relics that have a terrible Weaponskill and a terrible Aftermath that can basically be considered broken, Gungnir being one example?
    It's not really that it's broken.... it's just that it sucks.
    I mean... Dear god... Claustrum.
    Claustrum!!
    It's probably the crappiest out of all the REMs... at least Gungnir has the same DPS as the empy polearm... (obviously we're not talking about the WS here)
    But it'll only be with this update to 119 that Claustrum will actually have mage stats on it. (In this case the Macc derived from the "fake" skill. So... it's still crap.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Will afrermaths be looked into? The development team wishes to have R/M/E's base damage set lower than Delve boss weapons but some weapons have truly inferior or outdated effects. Can setting Gungnir's base damage lower than Upukirex be justified when the 'Defense Down" additional effect is not only weaker than Angon but also overwrites Angon? Under that paradigm, using Gungnir would reduce the alliance's DPS and people would probably tell DRGs with Gungnir to put their Gungnir away so that Angon doesn't get overwritten. Additionally the aftermath effect of Geirskogul is still a 12 damage shock spikes. Does that special effect really justify having it have a lower base damage than Upukirex?

Finally, will Relic WS modifiers be reevaluated? Scourge having a CHR modifier and Geirskogul having an AGI modifier seem preposterous considering DRKs have dismal CHR and DRG have pitiful AGI?
    Uhg... I forgot about that... cause I don't play drg.
    iirc they might have mentioned something about changing either angon or geirskogul to have them be separate... but... pretty sure that's been either ditched or is on the back burner with Cait Sith and Atomos.
    And while it would be nice to have the attribute mods changed... it'll never happen.
    At least with iLv gear.... you'll have like +50 or more to each of those nonprimary stats.... so.... yeah.... :/

As to the announcement about them having the same "fake" skill.... I'm rather surprised at that.
    Crobaci+1 and Bereaver don't have the same +skill... (153 and 162 respectively) And they are both 113 weapons.
    I would have thought that the +acc mod on the REMs would have just been eaten into the "fake" skill... so that the ones that had +acc have a higher "fake" skill than other 119 weapons.
    But then Bereaver had both +acc and a higher "fake" skill than crobaci+1... so it was more of just a nice "streamlining" to save space... cause.. dear god are these items gonna have a LOT of words on them.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    In all honesty I think mage RMEs might finally hold some promise. Probably not the Relics and Empyreans admittedly outside of Magic Accuracy since that comes hand in hand with +skill effects. Mythics however, have had actual magic based stats, and now they have finally thrown enough Magic Attack Bonus and their new Magic Damage stat that they have finally beaten the effects of Affinity, which they for some reason refused to give to the RMEs in the first place. I think they will put enough MAB/MDMG that at least the Mythic will be a great weapon for actual magic uses.
    Mythics even now are still good. (obviously no longer the top of magery... but still really good none the less.)
    Heck, lv75 yagrush is still useful for a whm today.
    This iLvfication of them... will just make them CRAY CRAY!
    Though I wonder if they will be getting +Mdmg... >_>
    That kind of oversight is something that I don't count on being out of the realms of possibility.

And hey! Hvergelmir... has... +MP?
    >_>
    <_<
    At least it's better than Claustrum.
    (2)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 10-31-2013 at 12:06 AM.

Character
    Helldemon
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Crap! You're right!
    It's not really that it's broken.... it's just that it sucks.
    Idk about you but I consider a 1% proc rate for stun on the shock spikes on level 20 mobs that lasts less then a second pretty horribly broken.
    (3)

Page 67 of 91 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast