Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    So no afterglows for ergon weapons? Will ergon's upgrade path be as hard?
    (0)

Ergons don't have an Afterglow to begin with, but don't stop asking for it I'd say.
    I do find it very interesting that Camate is hinting possibly at even more future adjustments to these weapon lines.
    (0)

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    o great, so basically your saying go farm 250 marrows before you can progress while everyone on the sever is going to be doing the same thing!! because SE are too greedy to put another programmer on the team.
    (2)

No, he's saying that you can complete the quest without afterglow, but it will have a higher amount of items needed or another difficulty modifier, like reforging Artiface/Relic/Empyrean armor has two differnt costs depending on if you do it from a fully +1/+2ed piece or not. Someone that has already done the grind for an afterglow will have an easier quest for the REM upgrade and someone who hasn't, but you won't be required to do the afterglow first. It's a reasonable expectation, rather than them making double the quests so you could add an afterglow at any point, and double the item entries in the database to have aferglow and non-afterglow versions of each intermediate weapon in the new path.
    (2)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    What confuses me is that since Camate is saying that the two ramifications of weapons (with and without afterglow) will end up together at some point, it means that all the final R/E/M weapons version will have afterglow?, or afterglow will be lost when ppl upgrade their weapon?
    (0)

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's not that confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    After enhancing Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons via the new upgrade path, an afterglow effect will be applied to each one.
    (1)

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    No, he's saying that you can complete the quest without afterglow, but it will have a higher amount of items needed or another difficulty modifier, like reforging Artiface/Relic/Empyrean armor has two differnt costs depending on if you do it from a fully +1/+2ed piece or not. Someone that has already done the grind for an afterglow will have an easier quest for the REM upgrade and someone who hasn't, but you won't be required to do the afterglow first. It's a reasonable expectation, rather than them making double the quests so you could add an afterglow at any point, and double the item entries in the database to have aferglow and non-afterglow versions of each intermediate weapon in the new path.
    ok i guess i mis read that then, thanks for clearing it up. it seems fair enough to me that we without the afterglow would have to do more
    (0)

Character
    Nivlac
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    ok i guess i mis read that then, thanks for clearing it up. it seems fair enough to me that we without the afterglow would have to do more
    Just wait for what they have planned...might have to give up a first born child...or your soul
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I have mixed feelings about the announcement. The prospect of shiny new stats on the weapons through opening the augmenting slot is very interesting, but anybody who has looked into it will know that obtaining an afterglow is an insanely difficult-to-achieve goal. Making it so that any weapons going beyond +242 skill have Afterglow will only result in one of two situations:

1. The difference between the two paths (non-afterglow and afterglow) will be close to or as crazy as the original Trial to obtain an afterglow (which varies greatly in difficulty anyway, because Empyrean afterglows are nearly impossible to obtain), and the vast majority of RME owners will just not bother.

2. The difference between the two paths is large, but not nearly as large as what the original Afterglow trial, and anybody who bothered doing the Afterglow Trial before now will be annoyed.

Afterglow was always a fluff goal, mostly there for obtaining a unique graphical effect on your character nobody else has. I'm aware it has a sphere buff attached to it but I doubt a single Afterglow owner in existence right now obtained it for that buff. I think a vanity item like that being barred behind some crazy grind wall should stay that way- nobody's ever been denied a party because they didn't have an afterglow. This is without mentioning the fact that imagining seeing lots of afterglows running around looks kinda silly.

I think what the dev team is currently planning won't satisfy anyone by the way. The Afterglow trial is so absurdly time consuming that even half of it would seem absurd to most players.

After thinking about it for a while, I have a couple possible ways of dealing with this.

1. Keep both an afterglow and a non-afterglow version of each RME for the future, but untie the non-afterglow version from Trials of the Magian so that the non-afterglow can get whatever expansions in the augmented item stat space the devs were/are planning. In other words, once you upgrade beyond the +242 skill stage, obtaining an afterglow will no longer be possible. I'm pretty sure if someone isn't planning on working on the afterglow trial right now, they will not mind in the least that they won't be able to in the future.

2. Add one last stage where getting Afterglow through Trials of the Magians is available, (so no silly upgrade cost gap on this stage) and simultaneously add another quest where the two paths merge with the idea you're planning right now, opening the door for the future augmenting plan. Right now a lot of people are frustrated because they haven't been able to use their RMEs for months, and having a simple upgrade to the next stage so they can use it in Reisenjima for a while can calm peoples' nerves. How effective this idea would work depends on what the dev team has planned for the hypothetical freed augmenting space- if it's going to be stuff like "Attack +5" I don't think people will care that much.

3. Just keep the system the way it was before. It would prevent the addition of new stats, sure, but it's not like you can't make them decent weapons by playing with the stats they already have. (Or by replacing/overhauling useless ones like the Murgleis Convert Augment)
    (3)
    Last edited by Kincard; 12-16-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieth View Post
    From today's post: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...20/detail.html

We do not want random augments, we want the straight up damage adjustments as revealed here
    Anyone have a translation of those stats?
    (1)

Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast