Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 914
  1. #741
    Player Zarchery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    I shouldn't have to conform to what everyone else is doing just because it makes it easier I do not enjoy playing those jobs so why should I be forced to level them just to have an "Easier" time. Remember this game is about being who you want to be. Not everyone wants to or has caped every job at 99 and the expectation that you have to or stop playing this game in this era of gameplay is ludicrous.
    You know, my work is about 7 miles away from my home. It's a short and easy drive that takes about 20 minutes; 30 in rush hour traffic. If I chose to walk there, it'd take hours. If I chose to walk there, I wouldn't have much right to complain because I willingly took a harder route for no reason other than stubborness and a desire to be different.
    (7)

  2. #742
    Player Afania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,445
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    I shouldn't have to conform to what everyone else is doing just because it makes it easier I do not enjoy playing those jobs so why should I be forced to level them just to have an "Easier" time. Remember this game is about being who you want to be. Not everyone wants to or has caped every job at 99 and the expectation that you have to or stop playing this game in this era of gameplay is ludicrous.
    Being who you want to be or how you want to do stuff doesn't change the difficulty though. Difficulty of something is not depend on how you do things, but how majority of ppl do things.


    I can try to beat a single player RPG at lv 1, skip every battle on the way and purposely not to lv up, then tell everyone how I wipe over and over at the boss and this game is hard. But that doesn't mean everyone else who play the game properly with proper lv will wipe over and over again at the boss. I choose to play the game in hard mode, doesn't make the game hard. Or else anyone can just play the game in hardmode and pretend the game is hard.
    (6)

  3. #743
    Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United states
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    You know, my work is about 7 miles away from my home. It's a short and easy drive that takes about 20 minutes; 30 in rush hour traffic. If I chose to walk there, it'd take hours. If I chose to walk there, I wouldn't have much right to complain because I willingly took a harder route for no reason other than stubborness and a desire to be different.
    Problem is I'm not complaining so get out of here with your talk.
    (0)

  4. #744
    Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United states
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Being who you want to be or how you want to do stuff doesn't change the difficulty though. Difficulty of something is not depend on how you do things, but how majority of ppl do things.


    I can try to beat a single player RPG at lv 1, skip every battle on the way and purposely not to lv up, then tell everyone how I wipe over and over at the boss and this game is hard. But that doesn't mean everyone else who play the game properly with proper lv will wipe over and over again at the boss. I choose to play the game in hard mode, doesn't make the game hard. Or else anyone can just play the game in hardmode and pretend the game is hard.
    Having every job at lvl 99 or expecting people to have these jobs because "Thats how the majority plays" is not how I viewed this game being played and I'm sure it wasn't the intention of the creators to expect everyone to have these jobs in order to do the content seemlessly... I'm not here complaining about why it's taking me such a long time I'm just saying that the average player who doesn't have one of the jobs listed lvld still has a varying degree of difficulty in obtaining these weapons. I'm publishing my experience with building a relic by playing a job I love playing and everyone gets on me about stupid scenarios and how I'm intentionally playing hardmode and complaining it's hardmode....... because I'm not. I'm playing the game.

    I'm telling you that the difficulty in obtaining these Items is still there just the vast majority of people decided that like any other typical MMO they wanted the shortest path. I don't enjoy playing those jobs, why am I the bad guy because you think it's the norm that everyone should have these jobs lvld or GTFO?
    (0)

  5. #745
    Player Bluestar2kx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    The only people who have an easy time making a relic are the ones with either no time on their hands or have aquired a massive amount of wealth in this game... I myself have spent the past 3-4 years making my relic and I'm still trying to get to stage 4 so don't tell me they are easy to make because unless you chose to level dnc and or are a thief you don't get squat for currency when you go farming. and alot of people can't be bothered to assist you anymore with getting your currency.
    I disagree with this.
    I'm not massively wealthy, I don't have a ton of time on my hands, and i don't even have a job above Lv 90. And i'm still able to make a relic weapon, granted it's with considerable help from a friend who's been really nice to me, but when 99% of the servers have at least 1 Lv 99, if not 10-20 with insane aboulin gear, it's not hard to get a relic weapon. Last night after buying coins with what i had, I'm almost done with stage 3 (56/61 silver pieces.) then i just need the r/e item from icelands (which admittedly, will likely delay me by 4 days, because I don't yet have those wins.)

    So don't tell me relics are hard to make. The only hard part is killing the NM for the stage 3 and 4 items. It's just time consuming to build, but tell me worth while weapons in FFXI that aren't.

    Had I not had help, I was still able to do dynamis at Lv 80, just slow and tedious, but possible. At 80 nin with a whm support, I got 20 coins. Imagine what a 90 could do, most people can see the coin drops with a 99+, esp those with thf or dnc. But almost any melee job can do dynamis efficiently. My friend goes mnk/dnc and we still average around 150.

    I maybe an exception with help, but not with completing it.
    As I said, a vast majority if the players are Lv 99 in at least 1 job, likely a lot of them, so you can't tell me dynamis isn't hard to do. Unless of course, 150+ coins is "squat for currency," but 150 seems like a lot to me, and it's gotten me where i am now with what bits of money I can get myself.

    As for time, I've got a 6 month old baby in the house and still able to get it done, each run isn't that time consuming in itself, though the whole task is, a lot of people do it with jobs and school and more problems then i have to deal with (And better levels and gear.) And just for the record, I don't just sit at the outpost and leech coins, I go on my pup and help.

    Relic weapons are easily the most accessible weapons in the game.
    But I agree with Demon, relic weapons should be open to all the jobs in the game. Expand the amount of weapons able to be made if needed, but don't just not give them to the other jobs. Besides, it's not like you've not given old school stuff to other jobs, abiet only a few. Pup for example, can use hope staff. From sea, which is almost as old as dynamis. And nobody even knows why yet.

    p.s. I kind of wish all the old school stuff had the new jobs added to the lists Tbh. Pup with faith claws? could be fun :P
    Wonder if they'll ever update that old sky/sea gear to ilevels and add the new jobs to the lists?
    (3)

  6. #746
    Player Zarchery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    Problem is I'm not complaining so get out of here with your talk.
    Yes, you are. There's no two ways about it.
    (1)

  7. #747
    Player Zarchery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    The only people who have an easy time making a relic are the ones with either no time on their hands or have aquired a massive amount of wealth in this game... I myself have spent the past 3-4 years making my relic and I'm still trying to get to stage 4 so don't tell me they are easy to make because unless you chose to level dnc and or are a thief you don't get squat for currency when you go farming. and alot of people can't be bothered to assist you anymore with getting your currency.
    I created my Spharai in about 5 months, mostly solo. I farmed every day for 2 hours. Most days, those 2 hours of farming were the only thing I did (some days I stuck around and did other in game stuff). I got into a pickup group working on one of the 85 to 90 magian trials and picked up my Attestation. A THF friend helped me farm the base piece, though I could have done that solo too if I wanted. Aside from those 2 sessions, it was all solo. Of course, I did it on BST. I guess it was easy because I didn't intentionally hobble myself by, like, not learning about procs or going in as WAR/MNK or something.

    Your observations are based on faulty information, and so your conclusion is flawed.

    I get the feeling that you seriously don't understand how the proc system works in Dynamis. That's the only way you could take 3-4 years to build a relic, even if you were on a job not optimized for farming.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zarchery; 12-03-2013 at 12:26 PM.

  8. #748
    Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United states
    Posts
    588
    Ok so lets addendum what I said then... I believe I used that right...


    It's takes less time to make a REM When you have connections, any of the jobs listed that can easily obtain currencies at a rapid and proficient rate, have wealth, and/or*(*read after every coma) a lot of time on your hands.

    The only thing that makes relics easier than the others is for the simple fact that it is in the oldest content... Although updated it's still doable.. and the same can be said for the other two types of ancient and powerful weapons also. Although their difficulty to obtain is still higher just for the simple fact that they are in harder content....

    With proper guidance from an experienced player anyone can get these weapons on their own or with a small group of people.. Problem is there are alot of experienced players who have everything in the dang game... Then you have people like me.. I don't really have connections due to the way I play (and my time spent playing these days) and I know the content so I can easily solo most of it albiet as you said at a tedious rate. I don't make much money but I know how to make a mint and lately I've been hitting one-million if I tried hard (in the older days I could never get that much lol..) Not a lot of people shout for stuff outside of items for sale and sometimes highend content.

    Most people are to busy doing their own thing since the content is solo-able. We have a majority population that plays a specific way and has better access to a lot more things via third party tools, or through the loophole SE provided us unofficially/officially or both.. I just play bare bones no extra accounts (Although I do have a few extra characters I work on and I only share my armor and gil with them that I turn on occasionally on the same PoLID)... Not a lot of people shout for stuff outside of items for sale and sometimes highend content. My linkshell I'm currently with is just now ramping up to do the content in the game. We finally designated people to specific areas of content in the game. Most of the leaders can't or don't have the expansion. so I'm excited for us to finally start recruiting and training people!

    I like playing as Drg/whm I dabble in a lot of other jobs but I only have two jobs at 99 and not alot above level 50. Playing how I want is fun and SE encourages that kind of good gamesmanship... However a lot of people frown upon this kind of thinking and I don't enjoy that because they always tell me how I'm playing the game wrong or I should play it a certain way. I'm really only interested in playing as a Drg...

    Not a lot of people shout for stuff outside of items for sale and sometimes highend content. My linkshell I'm currently with is just now ramping up to do the content in the game. We finally designated people to specific areas of content in the game. Most of the leaders can't or don't have the expansion. so I'm excited for us to finally start recruiting and training people!

    Is that better? I hope that what I said was insightful into how I play my game and alot more clearly written out to I'd tell you my lifestyle but that's personal and this is the internet >_>

    They just came out and said they don't intend to at this time. While I wish that maybe someday they might be on them so everyone can play with them I am not holding my breath as they already said they weren't crafted around the jobs that can use them. So how they decide to do it is up to them
    (0)

  9. #749
    Player Afania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,445
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    Having every job at lvl 99 or expecting people to have these jobs because "Thats how the majority plays" is not how I viewed this game being played and I'm sure it wasn't the intention of the creators to expect everyone to have these jobs in order to do the content seemlessly... I'm not here complaining about why it's taking me such a long time I'm just saying that the average player who doesn't have one of the jobs listed lvld still has a varying degree of difficulty in obtaining these weapons. I'm publishing my experience with building a relic by playing a job I love playing and everyone gets on me about stupid scenarios and how I'm intentionally playing hardmode and complaining it's hardmode....... because I'm not. I'm playing the game.

    I'm telling you that the difficulty in obtaining these Items is still there just the vast majority of people decided that like any other typical MMO they wanted the shortest path. I don't enjoy playing those jobs, why am I the bad guy because you think it's the norm that everyone should have these jobs lvld or GTFO?
    I didn't say a word about whether you're good or bad, or whether you should GTFO or not. I only said you can't represent everyone else because you choose to do slow way....if you want to do slow way, fine. But don't pop on the forum and tell everyone relic is slow and hard because you CHOOSE to be slower than everyone else.

    I'm just saying difficulty is based on avg player's timespent, not minority. Appearantly you're minority. Most of the ppl who activatly working on a relic takes less than 3~4 years. Unless they play on and off, or not full time working on a relic and work on relic as a side project when they have time. If you're the minority/not avg, don't try to represent everyone else.

    It took me about 3.5 years to make my Mythic starting from 0, but I do it as a side project and farmed other items/empy 99 in those 3.5 years, so my time spent on it is longer than many other people. That doesn't mean I'd pop on forum and telling everyone Mythic is 3.5 years of work. Plenty of ppl finishd it in 1 year or even less. I don't make 3.5 year a norm because just because I spent 3.5 years, I can't represent everyone else.
    (4)
    Last edited by Afania; 12-04-2013 at 11:22 PM.

  10. #750
    Player Manux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    121
    Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    waiting on relic updates anyone know when SE will work hard for that yet?
    Well the prices are gone down for those currency O.o
    (0)

Page 75 of 92 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast