Page 84 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
    Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So what exactly requires skill, according to you? In what game in the RPG genre. Because you just gave the most generic answer ever, oh all you need to do is reduce their defenses, increase your offenses and get their HP to 0 before yours. Which describes like every single RPG ever.
    (0)

Exactly. RPGs don't require skill at all, ffxi is no exception in this.
    It all comes down to effort, and Aeonics are really no exception in this either.

In the 12 years I have played this game, and the 14 years of its existence "only for the most skilled" is one of the biggest lies told.
    Patient and/or devoted? Yes. Skilled? nah.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 01-14-2016 at 05:35 PM.

What about proper timing of stuns? Timing of weaponskills? Moving out of AoE?

Maybe you don't know what "skill" means?
    (0)

Character
    Angemon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    RPG require no skill, ok thanks now we know to not take you seriously.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    What about proper timing of stuns? Timing of weaponskills? Moving out of AoE?

Definitely do, but still, skill is not needed to "win" at this game, it just makes things easier. But as others also point out, so does having a big bag of gil.

Which was the whole point of this argument.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 01-14-2016 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Described better

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    What about proper timing of stuns?
    People use programs, the progammer had some skill (not in ffxi) writing up the program to react to actions, but not the user.

Timing of weaponskills?
    Srsly? 1000% go.
    The only "skill" weaponskill timing requires, is not losing your shit when the other guy screws up.

Moving out of AoE?
    Mage all the things. Mages stand stationary as far away as possible. When one mage pulls enmity, they all die. Rarely does anyone bother to get out of the way. That's not skill, it's common sense.

It USED to be an issue with SAMs not having the common sense to move away from conal/breath/etc due to overwhelm, but that's since been solved with the melee nothing strategy.

Based on the things you said were skill related, one would argue that it is you who do not know what it means.
    (0)
    Last edited by Vae; 01-15-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisansha View Post
    Sure. Here are the ones I found with a minimal search:

OF: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th....?daysprune=60

FFXIAH: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47...-aeonic-quest/ pretty much the whole page, but specifically the 5th post from the bottom by Essylt.

BGWiki: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Aeonic_Weapons

BG Forum: https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12...-Thread/page16 post#301
    https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/12...-Thread/page18 post#355

I'm sure there is probably more to be found (especially on the japanese forums), I just did a quick search.
    Let's see that OF was exactly what I said the whole is bad which is incredibly unclear asking for clarification that SE hasn't given . That BGwiki entry comes from the bg forum entry that again is the same brew is bad. And the ffxiah again is saying the same thing except the one post you want to single out because it says what you want it to but later posts show that isn't entirely correct. Specifically dame like most words in any language have multiple related meanings which is even more evident when translating between languages

So 4 links that basically just repeat the brew is bad I already mentioned.... So while it could mean you can't do it, it could mean you shouldn't or it's bad to use it. All of it only on the Japanese client which makes it somewhat suspect to begin with as being an actual requirement instead of some kind of general warning or flavor. Like perhaps SE is trying to give a mild reproach for doing it the easy way with a tsk tsk that's bad player-chan. So we don't "know" it wont work we suspect it wont work. We will know soon enough though with these crazy campaigns letting us get tons of slit
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 01-15-2016 at 02:00 AM.

For Relic, Mythic, Empyrean and Ergon weapons, players will be able to upgrade these weapons even if you have not unlocked their afterglows. If a weapon has had its afterglow unlocked, the amount of resources required to upgrade these weapons in the future will be eased.

Players can choose to complete the afterglow step now and then complete the additional new quests, or complete the new quests without unlocking the afterglow for a weapon to upgrade it. All the upgraded legendary arms, except for Ergon weapons, will have an afterglow effect.

The reason for adding afterglow to all these weapons is that we want to use the space allotted to the Trial of the Magians system to allow for the possibility of expansion in the future.
    (4)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Gremukah,

Why is the dev team so insistent on punishing the majority of the R/E/M wielders for choosing to not to get something that was supposed to be a trophy fmeant for the most dedicated?
    I find it a bit hard to swallow that it's just for the sake of giving the dev team an easier time.
    (12)
    Last edited by Shirai; 01-15-2016 at 05:18 AM.

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Gremukah,

Why is the dev team so insistent on punishing the majority of the R/E/M wielders for choosing to not to get something that was supposed to be a trophy fmeant for the most dedicated?
    I find it a bit hard to swallow that it's just for the sake of giving the dev team an easier time.
    I don't view it as punishment. If you look at the stats of the new weapons (well the 4 they teased to us) they put the newly upgraded weapons right back at the very top of the weapon hierarchy again. I don't mind putting in some further effort to obtain this latest upgrade. In fact I'm looking forward to it.
    (0)

Page 84 of 91 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast