Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast
    Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost2k4 View Post
    Uhh... I use Physical pacts even on T3s. T1s and T2s I've duoed/Trioed many times w/o ever touching Astral Flow. There is only T1/2 NMs in any of the Escha zones that I refrain from using physical on and that is more of a support and that is the tonberry which I hold out for Thunderspark to wipe his clones. No one hour needed for any of them. The mimic sucks, but still use Volt Strike for stuns and Shock Squall if he is doing Death Trap. On ffxiah I posted a picture of Flaming Crush doing capped damage into a capped damage fragmentation. The only buff going at the time was a beast roll. yes, its only a 119 in Zi'tah, but I've done capped light many times w/ 70-80k FCs in sky on T1s w/ just a SCH with me. No buffs. Astral Flow is not needed.

Anything 132 and below I can use physical pacts w/o support and have capped acc. Once 135 starts I like to have support, it just sucks trying to do it w/o, but it is doable. Again w/o AF. Honestly I can say the only time I ever seem to AF is if I use AC right after or for the random PD/altana's favor.
    With respect, you read through my post more carefully, you'll see we don't disagree. In what was quoted I say without good support OR 1 hours. You claim to use physical pacts using support on 132+. So we don't disagree. Read further in and I clarify CL130 and Reisnejima. CL129 is t1 Reisenjima and t2 is CL135, while sky and zitah t1 are CL119 and t2 are CL125. You say you use physical pacts if you duo/trio or use support. We did 2smn and 2 sch on the t2 harpeia in Reisenjima. One SMN has nirvana the other doesn't. Flaming crush was doing less than 8k and pred claws wasn't performing well either. With the right gear heavenly strike magic bursts were doing 35k, 11k without. If you got say geo and cor, I'm sure you can kill it with nirvana. That becomes less and less true the higher you go though, and it is an uphill battle to show people it is true with as you said pictures of flaming crush 99k to 99k skillchains. You can do that on t1 zitah with minimal support without a nirvana by the way. The truth of it is that on lower level stuff, you can double 99k damage with skillchains and physical pacts, but on higher level stuff that falls off very sharply. Remember when SR came out and it took every support option in the game to make flaming crush perform on a level to compete with other setups? Volt strike takes out the need for lower mdb and magic evasion, but it's not as strong and at some point COR and GEO aren't enough to make you have enough accuracy and attack to compete at best and matter at most, on top of that level correction kicks in more and more (5% for each difference between mobs level and your avatar) until even with nirvana your damage output with physical pacts is very low. On higher level mobs, magic bursting allows you not only to need less support due to its huge increase in magic accuracy, no level correction, and utilize its 3x damage multiplier but it allows sch and geo and blm to burst as well. This is why SMN clear vids of Vir'ava, Kirin, Seiryu and other sky gods, and many other hard fights such as t3 sky when it came out or t3 reisenjima now aren't using Nirvana. Because doing so and winning if possible, is just much harder and in all likeliehood you'll just time out. For the ultimate staff for smn, it shouldn't be put away when the hardest stuff comes out and I hope you can agree. Whether the answer is adding petmab or boosting the amount of bp damage and accuracy/attack enough, it would be good to have this pinnacle staff for smn relevant on these end game mobs and it deserves as much a look at as every other REM, mythic should help you clear such content easier for its time investment, not be put away for something you can obtain in an evening with friends (Espiritus).
    (1)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    The second reason is to reduce the time and resources for enhancements. When looking into enhancements for these weapons, we found that if we were to split them into two groups (those with afterglow and those without), it would require a higher amount of resources, which would cause the development time to increase. In order to avoid this from happening, we decided to adopt the current plan that we are moving forward with.
    Heh yeah. I rather you spend that development time on new conten- ....ooooooh. Right.

I think I rather you just take longer and do two paths. I really don't feel like being punished with doing some super expensive and or time consuming quest to upgrade my RMEs yet again because you thought it was a good idea to make people farm 250 marrows for vanity. Seriously, guys. You frickin owe us a bone after all the money and time we've thrown into these weapons that you absolutely insist on not being that great so everyone else can at least try to compete to be able to get party slots. You just remember that before you go and implement a dead quest to everyone but the people that actually did the afterglow trial because they're gluttons for your punishment.

Do not punish me and the vast majority of players because a select few took the time to farm their vanity afterglow. Let us have our easy, semi cheap upgrade path for a change and let aeonics have the spot light as a tradeoff. I don't care, as long as I'm not asked to essentially farm an afterglow because a few people bothered to do it before if I want the best RME possible. That's just BS. I didn't want to do that much farming for a glow effect, and I don't now.

Seriously now, you guys have been "adopting" development paths that best suit you since the start of this game. I just want to point that out. It's never what's best for us, but what's best for you. No one blames you for that, but frankly you owe us a break. Dammit, you owe us for our many years of paying you gobs of money for little dev support in return.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vold; 12-18-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Not to mention the fact that they already did exactly that when they upgraded them all to 119. There are REM weapons at level 99 with and without Afterglow, and there are level 119 REM weapons with and without Afterglow. So obviously they already bypassed the magian trial flag once.

As for the workload, they could have easily made the quests identical simply with differing rewards, instead they made a conscious decision to force players to farm 250 very rare items in order to even start the upgrade to a usable level.
    (0)

Character
    Umisith
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieth View Post
    From today's post: http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...20/detail.html

We do not want random augments, we want the straight up damage adjustments as revealed here
    If augments means that claustrum can boost pet stats im up for it!
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dieth View Post
    We do not want random augments, we want the straight up damage adjustments as revealed here
    Where did you get the idea that there would be random augments?
    (1)

Character
    Montcone
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Greetings,

I have a bit more to add about the upcoming enhancements.

After enhancing Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons via the new upgrade path, an afterglow effect will be applied to each one.

The first reason for this is to enable future expansion of this content. The afterglow effect on weapons is tied to the completion of Trials of the Magians, and the data for these quests are stored directly on the weapon itself. This data record occupies the same space as that of the weapons’ stat expansion, and in the event you haven’t completed Trials of the Magians (i.e. have not obtained an afterglow), it would not be possible to increase the weapon stats or expand on the special properties.

The second reason is to reduce the time and resources for enhancements. When looking into enhancements for these weapons, we found that if we were to split them into two groups (those with afterglow and those without), it would require a higher amount of resources, which would cause the development time to increase. In order to avoid this from happening, we decided to adopt the current plan that we are moving forward with.

If you already have a weapon with an afterglow effect, you will have an advantage as the next phase for enhancement will be easier to accomplish. On the other hand, those that do not have an afterglow will have quite a challenge ahead of them.

The development team is working hard on adjustments so that they can implement this content, so please stay tuned for more details!
    This message is to add my perspective to the conversation. Like so many other adventurers, I have been working hard creating ways to purchase 3000 riftross to add afterglow to my empyrean weapon. I am a solo ffxi gamer, I craft with three fully capped crafting characters, I farm and battle on my three accounts and I do business with High End Linkshells. I meet many hard working solo gamers on the field, many saving up for an afterglow on their weapon. An afterglow would be an ultimate gift to my best friends in battle and also it would help me to get invites in high end battle content easier.

I have worked hard to save 800M and I am closer than ever to my target.

Many solo gamers are unable to battle in static groups because of their personal lives. They have busy professions, they have married lives and are often parents and some gamers might be disabled physically or mentally. My fiancee has multiple sclerosis, I also work. For me to reach the point in ffxi to be close to an afterglow effect has been extremely difficult and time consuming and I have enjoyed every single moment of my quest. I have never made so much gil and it has been amazing rush.

Now I'm left with a dilemma, two choices.
    1) Finish my one billion + afterglow before the update
    2) wait until after the update and reward high end gamers a few mil to finish this new trial if it is battlefiedl/NM based. . . . .

Square enix have let me down in the past too many times and I simply cant trust them. I gladly reorganized my life around my ffxi aftreglow quest and I at least expect SE to reorganize their lives to come up with a better plan. I am going to hold onto my gil, I'm folding.

They need to create an "Afterglow Moogle" that offers an afterglow quest to any stage of RME.

The creators of Final Fantasy I - X dreamed of a world where people from all cultures could have characters that lived and grew in a fantasy world. Here we are in this apocalyptic - end of game - manipulative hook propaganda.
    (0)
    Last edited by datbig; 12-21-2015 at 12:08 PM.

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The second reason is to reduce the time and resources for enhancements.
    I don't think I fully understand. It sounds like you're pushing an upgrade that no-one (Afterglow users and non-Afterglow users) is going to be happy with because it'll be cheaper and quicker?

I know you guys are super-stretched now, but that seems like a pretty awful idea?

Also, it'd be quite nice if the weapons were upgraded so they actually helped the non-melee jobs that can wield them in the role they'll be playing 95% of the time - though, having seen the Aeonic weapons, it seems that something that still doesn't make sense to the developers. Pretty disappointing really.
    (1)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Greetings,

I have a bit more to add about the upcoming enhancements.

After enhancing Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons via the new upgrade path, an afterglow effect will be applied to each one.

The first reason for this is to enable future expansion of this content. The afterglow effect on weapons is tied to the completion of Trials of the Magians, and the data for these quests are stored directly on the weapon itself. This data record occupies the same space as that of the weapons’ stat expansion, and in the event you haven’t completed Trials of the Magians (i.e. have not obtained an afterglow), it would not be possible to increase the weapon stats or expand on the special properties.

If you already have a weapon with an afterglow effect, you will have an advantage as the next phase for enhancement will be easier to accomplish. On the other hand, those that do not have an afterglow will have quite a challenge ahead of them.

The development team is working hard on adjustments so that they can implement this content, so please stay tuned for more details!
    How is all of this going to work with Ergon weapons, which don't have an Afterglow path?

Is there some kind of currency we should try to be saving/gathering as we approach February?
    (0)

I’d like to answer several of your questions about the upcoming upgrades to Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Ergon weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by datbig View Post
    Now I'm left with a dilemma, two choices.
    1) Finish my one billion + afterglow before the update
    2) wait until after the update and reward high end gamers a few mil to finish this new trial if it is battlefiedl/NM based. . . . .
    Ultimately this is up to you to decide. We can’t provide specific details on the new steps at this time, so waiting for the upgrades to be implemented is completely your decision. As stated previously, players that have already obtained weapons with an afterglow will have an easier time upgrading to the next phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    I don't think I fully understand. It sounds like you're pushing an upgrade that no-one (Afterglow users and non-Afterglow users) is going to be happy with because it'll be cheaper and quicker?
    Players that already took the time to complete the afterglow effect on their weapon(s), will be rewarded by being able to upgrade in an easier manner through a quest.

We estimate that players with afterglow weapons will be able to upgrade within one hour of starting the quest. Even if you didn't spend the time to create a weapon with an afterglow, we're still offering a method to obtain an afterglow and continue the upgrade process on these legendary weapons, but you’ll still have a great task ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    How is all of this going to work with Ergon weapons, which don't have an Afterglow path?

Is there some kind of currency we should try to be saving/gathering as we approach February?
    As you mention, Ergon weapons do not have an afterglow effect. Players seeking to upgrade their Ergon weapon will have to clear a number of objectives along with the other players who do not possess a weapon with an afterglow.

If we were to provide the methods for upgrading Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Ergon weapons this would certainly affect player behavior, and as such, we cannot offer this information yet.
    (0)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    As you mention, Ergon weapons do not have an afterglow effect. Players seeking to upgrade their Ergon weapon will have to clear a number of objectives along with the other players who do not possess a weapon with an afterglow.

If we were to provide the methods for upgrading Relic/Mythic/Empyrean/Ergon weapons this would certainly affect player behavior, and as such, we cannot offer this information yet.
    If ergon users are going to have to go thru a bunch more work like the non glowers are you going give ergon afterglow though?
    (2)

Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast