Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Character
    Eanae
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Just give us a straight damage buff...
    (14)

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    you know... here's a weird thought... make all the relics/empys equippable by the jobs that they need to (like RAG RUN, and GUN COR, ect.) then... have a "legendary" weapon... where you get the base weapon from the top floor of delve (or w/e the final boss is called); you have to have an empy 99, a relic 99, and a mythic 99 for that particular job based "legendary" weapon; and only one job gets it, so like have a rag/(run mythic)/Caladbog combine, or a Claustrum/Nirvana/Hvergelmer become an Ultimate smn weapon... or a Kenkonken/sphrai/Vereth combine; either way you get my point, but make the damage on those things be insage like 500 dmg, and a good delay... and if ANy of the 99s have afterglow then have the whole weapon get afterglow (that's to make the afterglows not sad that they worked so hard)... if you did that I'm sure ppl would HATE the trial but be happy once they had the weapon... (oh and ya stick to the original after you get the wses you can keep it after like 99 or something); that sounds complicated but would be awesome
    (0)

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    another thing tho, at this point I think that they need to DROP ALL content and focus on this task... it seems like this is a dealbreaker for them X.X; I'll always play cuz I <3 this game, but look at these, look at the jp forums everyone is acting like it's the APCALYPSE (and no not the scythe); MATSUIIIIIII U CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , just fix the R/E/M situation; simply by buffing the s**t out of them, taking my advice (previous thread), ORRRRRRRRRRRRR just gimp all of the Delve weapons (especailly in the dat mods, if you did that and everyone sees the new data files as they are really low I think they won't be as mad)... lol <3 u guys and Know you can do it
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Think of it as something unique.
    I think of it as something that's a bit asinine, but that's me.

Constantly adjusting RMEs is just going to dig them deeper and deeper into a hole. It is one they've been digging for a while now and frankly not letting you guys keep your 5+ year old weapons as the best isn't going to be what pushes the dirt down to bury this game.

Oh well though.

I'll probably be sticking around to see what happens with RUN/GEO and the future content, but I've pretty much written off FFXI and probably FFXIV. If I'm going to get shafted and not listened to, I'd rather do it on a game I'm not paying for -- this game has never offered much to people like me (people who have had to leave and come back a few times, and thus can't maintain crazy huge collections of LS mates/don't want to have to have a job interview every time they want to try out a new event) and I've never made too much of a fuss over it. I get that the designers of theses games have to focus on the "hardcore" number crunching elitist types; I've made due where I could and where I couldn't I made peace.

You guys going ape shit every two seconds over the same issue like it wasn't inevitable isn't really going to help anything.

You want new gear and new things to work on, yet you hate that they are making things stronger than old content rewards. Now with Delve, you have gear which will take effort and time to maximize -- and what does that do? I'll tell you: It puts them in a position where they'll have not only Weapons they can't upgrade without everyone losing their shit, but armor they change replace because "omfg, I just spend 8 months capping out my Delve gear, wtf?!" Then what?

This game is getting backed into a corner and that's kind of the end of it. The funny thing is -- I don't think its anyone's fault. You guys are completely justified in being upset with the way they designed Relics and Mythics (I have no respect for empyreans) -- but at the same time, this game sort of evolved in a rather natural way a long the themes it set out for itself at the very beginning. The Relic and Mythic systems were pretty much exactly what you would have expected from a Final Fantasy MMO.

You can't force something that, by all accounts, shouldn't be alive anymore to keep going. World of Warcraft is almost 3 years younger than FFXI and is already winding down pretty heavy with Blizzard talking about their next MMO. FFXI's at the end of its leash and honestly the only reason they made Seekers of Adoulin is because they needed something to help fund FFXIV -- Frankly, if you guys actually get them to turn around on this just add 100-200 damage or whatever nonsensical numbers you're demanding, that's just going to solidify that this game won't live much longer than it takes for FFXIV to get released.

I think I'd rather enjoy fond memories of what this game used to be than continue "enjoying" the advancements. It's watching your first car get scrapped piece by piece and them upgrading RME is like you cheering because they let you keep the steering wheel.
    (3)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 05-02-2013 at 07:14 AM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaisis View Post
    If they made regular weapons that ridiculous then why not make REMs even more ridiculous?... like a Rag with 315 dmg and such >.>
    I am ok with this, but make Apoc with like 353 damage, OAT 2-8 hits, Relic Proc 50% and WS increase 250%. Then I will be happy.
    (0)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Unctgtg View Post
    I am ok with this, but make Apoc with like 353 damage, OAT 2-8 hits, Relic Proc 50% and WS increase 250%. Then I will be happy.
    XD you have resorted to terrorist negotiations
    (4)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Dev's priority list:

1- evolith
    2- play as monster
    3- chocobo farm
    999- upgrade R/E/M (appparently they won't even do that)

They are stuck in the following dilemma:

- If they upgrade REM to surpass the new god tier weapons, people will not do the content, because the new weapons are the carrot to keep people interested in adoulin.

- if they dont upgrade them, half the hardcores players will quit.

Hey Mr.Matsui, most of the relic WS are not used because most are terrible. Most DDs use the Merit Weaponskills. SOme empyrean WS are good, but most are really bad... People make mythic for the aftermath (most mythics are garbage w/o AM3, most mythic weaponskills are bad), people make relic for the insane base DMG (almost every relic ws is bad).
    (13)
    Last edited by Monchat; 05-02-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Character
    Anjitwo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    also just want to add that thinking of a solution that is more insulting than that of the problem is bad business
    (4)

Character
    Replicax
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The devs put themselves in this position. They created Ultimate weapons, their unique stats/wses and their requirements. This is something other MMOs don't have period and one of the things that makes FFXI different. At this point they should carry on the tradition and give yet another method of obtaining a top tier weapon in SOA and continue the model of keeping R/E/M Top Tier. While providing AH and NM rare/ex weapon that are upto par.

I would like to see the devs pay tribute to R/Ms.
    Requirement: 99 or 99 Afterglow R/M

Final one on one battle against the previous NPC R/M holder.

Reward: 99 Final weapon. For the Elite, still have an option to afterglow it.
    - Base dmg upgrade
    - Stat upgrade
    - Hidden Effect upgrade
    - Aftermath upgrade

Empy tribute:
    Requirement: 99 or 99 Afterglow Empy

Special rare drop off of an upgraded Shinryu battle. Brew restricted.

Reward: 99 Final weapon. For the Elite, still have an option to afterglow it.
    - Base dmg upgrade
    - Stat upgrade
    - Hidden Effect upgrade
    - Aftermath upgrade

Any Future Top Tier weapons added/adjusted: R/E/M will be adjusted via maintenance update to stay on par.

Sorry SE my Amano hasn't talked to me since lvl75: I still require training.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If you were doing Salvage, Dynamis, or Voidwatch to make money sucks to be you. Don't worry there are lots of elementals in sky to farm.
    (3)

Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast