Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    Character
    Xamot
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    After reading these posts, clearly SE needs to do the following:

1. All new players, upon completion of registering a new account, are awarded a fully skilled and leveled 99 job of their choice.
    2. Upon successful login, said player can check their delivery box for all of the latest and greatest weapons and armor.
    3. New players have access to a "bank moogle" from which they will receive gil free of charge.

After all, we'd hate for any new player of a 10 YEAR OLD GAME, to be behind established players who have been playing this game for several years. I, for one, think it's awful for a player who's spent the time, effort and gil leveling up a craft to it's max to have amassed more of a fortune than a player who has been on for a week. And let's not get started on those RME weapons. Why should someone who has been playing for almost 10 years have an advantage over a new player? The travesty in such a thought is just... I can't continue, the thought saddens me. End sarcasm, now.

If SE wanted to reboot the game in regards to gear and weapons, they should have truly rebooted the game much like what WoW did with Cataclysm and SE is doing with XIV. Give us a "new game"; end PS2 support and put out for the PS3, upgrade the graphics, and do whatever else they'd like. SoA was not a reboot. It was an expansion, and never in this game have they made such a big jump in base damage on weapons. And please, spare me the "content is harder" comments. I have done some of this new content, and there was nothing hard about it. They just increased NM evasion, def and HP. The path they chose, by making these new weapons, is to basically make everything outside of Delve and Abyssea irrelevant. Why Aby? They are the zones of choice for level-burning. Unless you are a BRD or PLD, there is no reason to go do Dynamis and VW. Oh yes, Voidwatch, another group of people who got shafted in this update. I wonder how many people spent countless hours and gil attempting to acquire weapons that were comparable to RME? This game has always been about achievement. NM drops, such as Kirin's Osode have always been replaceable by their nature, so please, this comparison does not hold water. Relics used to take years to build, not months like they do now. SE made that change in order to encourage more people to get relics. Mythics, and much later Empyreans, were more end-game weapons added to compliment Relics, not replace. Then come the Voidwatch weapons, yet another choice for players seeking end-game weapons. At no point did any of these weapons make anything irrelevant, like what happened with this update. They just required an effort to obtain. Just because you chose not to take a path of many to acquire an end-game weapon, that is not the fault of those of us that did. Complacency should not be rewarded, it only delays progress.
    (9)

Character
    Aldiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RushLynx View Post
    I would be interested in knowing the circumstances under which this was stated... as careful as they always are about saying anything conclusive about things that aren't already in the final stages of development... Was this when they first started giving them magian trials?
    Derp derp um pet:treasure hunter+1 THEY ALWAYS SAY THINGS OUT OF THEIR ASSES BEFORE THEY GET THEIR STORY STRAIGHT. The bottom line Bisquik is that they not only said they would keep REMs on top but they also promised that we wouldn't have anymore trials. Now those of us that made these are willing to forgive the promise to not have trials and do some more(God have mercy on us all) and still be able to keep weapons we spent hundreds of millions of Gil on.

The end dude
    (5)
    Nihonjin ga daisuki desu hohoho! m(_ _)m

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AldielQuetz View Post
    Derp derp um pet:treasure hunter+1 THEY ALWAYS SAY THINGS OUT OF THEIR ASSES BEFORE THEY GET THEIR STORY STRAIGHT.
    Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding... you do know that some pets really do have Treasure Hunter +1, right? Also, Bisquik was an LS leader of mine that quit eons ago...

You're the first person I've heard claim that SE promised them that they wouldn't make them do trials... Where exactly was all of this said, these forums? The old POL page? I'm assuming these statements still exist, archived, somewhere... I'd very much like to read them.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AldielQuetz View Post
    Now those of us that made these are willing to forgive the promise to not have trials and do some more(God have mercy on us all) and still be able to keep weapons we spent hundreds of millions of Gil on.
    Screw trials, make a simple quest with the Inventors.

NPC:Ah, I see you have one of those super weapons we keep hearing about! We hear some Moogles from Jeuno were trying to unlock their true power, it seems they did a good job, but around here we have had to develop much more powerful weapons to deal with the monsters in the wilds. Have you heard of the Naakuals? Fierce beasts, some of the strongest things around, I hear some of you adventures have been taking them on.

Well heres the deal, they have crests which are imbued with really powerful magic, and with that magic I think we might be able to transform your weapons into even stronger weapons! Whats that? The Moogles said this is their most powerful form? Ha! Moogle magic is strong but the magic these creatures have stored in their crests is much more powerful. The catch is, we need some balance between them all, you see, these beasts have elements that go along with the magic stored, to much of any one element would be to hard to control and would break the weapon. Good thing for us is that there are 7 of them, 1 of each element would be enough to create a balance so we can infuse your weapon with those magics and create a real weapon, one which would make even the Naakuals themselves cower in fear! Now I understand asking you to bring down the 7 Naakuals seems like a lot of work, but I can assure you, their power when finished will be unrivaled except by those of their own caliber.

>Come back next game day<

Hmm~ I see you are back, but you do not yet have the 7 crests, well, let me make you a deal. Leave me one of your weapons to examine, it has to be at its final stage, anything sooner would be worthless for me to examine. I will look at it so I can gather more information on how exactly we will be infusing this with the Naakuals magic, once I finish, you can come back and retrieve it from me, I will use the data to get everything ready for you so as soon as you have the crests we can begin the process!

>Trade an R/M/E and wait till after the next JP Midnight<

Well well well, look who came back, I finished looking at your weapon, it seems infusing the magic to that thing will be a cake walk, there is only one thing. Originally we thought we would be able to simply infuse it with magic, well, we can, but to help you out with getting those crests we found we can actually take that special technique attached to it and allow you to use it with any weapon! Thats right, all that time you have been carrying around that weapon just for that ability, well, no longer, I can take any of those weapons you have me examine and learn their power, then I can basically copy that power and fuse it right into your body, so you can use it any time with any weapon you please. Using the 7 crests will still create an amazing weapon of course, but the ability itself is powerful as well, and I can understand if you only want that, after all, not many people are brave enough to take on those nasty Naakuals!

>Trade back the weapon<

Oh, you want the skill? Ok, comin right up!

>You see a flash, then a loud bang<

Well, the magic is a bit... explosive, but it gets the job done. There you are, the ability is all yours, it may not have the extra effects you would normally get with it, but its something right? Good luck out there!

For R & E you unlock just the WS, for Mythics you unlock the job altering power of the Mythic. In the case of DNC for instance you get +1 FM on your weapon, or for Yagrush you would get AoE-na spells and so on. This way everyone gains something!
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Hi, Relic owner here, I know its easier to sound smart when you take an entire population of players and smash them into one biased vacuum of accusations, but, I don't want my Mandau to be best again, I just want it to not be so laughably far behind that using it is about as effect as a 75 Player wielding a Windurstian Kukri.

I'd be happy with it being 2/3rd best, but still main-handable, cause I like Mercy, and i like its benefits. Considering the gil, time, and friends time I sunk into it, into a weapon designed to remain the best forever, is that so much to ask for?

P.S The amount of just unrivaled arrogance on the part of the "lolrme" side is getting to the point of hypocrisy, ya'll keep using "epeen" as an argument, when you don't realize the hypocrisy is you're now flailing yours around because of this update. You're no different than the imaginary people you're calling elitist/epeeners (hint: Projective issues), Its just you're too lazy for it to be warranted and thus could never do it.
    I'm sorry Karb, you are correct about the blanket statement and I apologize. I understand your frustration. It basically comes down to:

- Time effort Gil etc.
    -New weapons have significantly higher base damage then RME
    - Dev team not having a real plan on what to do with or an upgrade path for RME in place before putting all this new gear into the game.

Totally get it. No I don't have any of the new weapons yet.
    (0)

Character
    Zohno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding... you do know that some pets really do have Treasure Hunter +1, right? Also, Bisquik was an LS leader of mine that quit eons ago...

You're the first person I've heard claim that SE promised them that they wouldn't make them do trials... Where exactly was all of this said, these forums? The old POL page? I'm assuming these statements still exist, archived, somewhere... I'd very much like to read them.
    here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...630#post424630

"we will be implementing a system to build on R/M/E weapons"

how does that compare to "We are planning to unlock the special weapon skills"?
    (6)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding... you do know that some pets really do have Treasure Hunter +1, right?
    Was THIII they nerfed it down to one, people complained and they said they would add equipment to bring it back up. The gear never came. Pretty sure that's what AldielQuetz's comment was referring to.
    (1)

Character
    Anjitwo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    still see no hints as to an r/m/e fix se hurry it the f up
    (4)

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohno View Post
    here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...630#post424630

"we will be implementing a system to build on R/M/E weapons"

how does that compare to "We are planning to unlock the special weapon skills"?
    How is that the same as saying 'RMEs will always be on top and we're never going to make you do a trial to keep it there.'...?
    (0)

Character
    Zohno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    How is that the same as saying 'RMEs will always be on top and we're never going to make you do a trial to keep it there.'...?
    If you wanna keep playing the devil's advocate, go ahead. I'll stop replying to the same questions over and over when it has been answered already in so many pages. Have fun.
    (5)

Page 50 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast