Page 35 of 91 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast
    Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Good foresight is always better than good hindsight.

This could be a problem and needs to be stopped before it happens. That is foresight.

This was a terrible idea, why did we let this happen? That is hindsight.

Foresight keeps tragedy from happening, hindsight is looking on as a victim. Dont be a victim, look at whats about to happen, dont wait for it to happen and regret it.
    (5)

Character
    Lemoncloak
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Outrage is not foresight.

Your "foresight" is based on things as they are now. Without knowing what's coming down the pipe, what you believe to be outlandish may not be.

Hi2u 99 level cap!

You may see problems with this. If you do, I'm sure dev's do too. In fact, odds are they see MORE problems than you do (specifically software related problems). If they do something you disagree with, so be it. It's not because you foresaw something that they didn't. It's that the weights of your concerns were not the same.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lemoncloak; 05-04-2013 at 10:04 AM.

3. 05-04-2013 10:02 AM

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    it's pretty simple, as many have put, we DO NOT want our "ultimate weapons" to be shelved... the people that have them worked hard for them , and will continue to work hard for them as long as they will always be comperable to the "better" things that can compete with them, they won't have to be the very best but they willlll have to be pretty darn close, I'm sure if 1500 hmp's were the trial to get them comperable (not that i think that's a good idea, but "would if") ... some people would do just that to keep their ultimate weapon comperable to the newly added. S.E. historically hasn't been "easy" granted for some groups much easier than others, but relic's when I first started playing were so out of grasp that they were to be held in awe when I seen one... let alone had the honor of fighting along side one. Restore their glory in some way shape or form, and keep them from being shelved and most holders won't be as emo as I was, I've since came back from my cliff (1 day i know... /facepalm) but my account is due to expire on the 25th... I guess that's my ultimatum date..
    (7)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

Character
    Wyrmnus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Boy oh boy. Lewis black would have a hellluva good time on the history of this game. He could make an hour show on this game.
    (0)

Check out my Youtube Channel; Nailstare

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Falseliberty View Post
    What is all this crap about hard work? let me ask you something how many Bandnaroks was there before resolution?
    How many are there now? hard work my ass. The only thing people care about is that there e-peen is kinda flaccid now
    Mythic owners have been a joked on since day 1, but since you spent 4 months ignoring calls from your friends to hang out at bars, get drunk and try and score tang. You wanna blame SE and not let the game evolve and stagnate.

"God only knows how many other sacrifices in their life over months or years to create an R/E/M"

You might need a guidance counselor and maybe medical help or both. ITS A VIDEO GAME

Having said all that maybe SE should let us know what plans they have in store for us ^^

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19749/ragnarok

.... hard work indeed
    You're beyond help if you think this is just an epeen issue.

Do you think hang out at bars is more productive than playing a video game? No it isn't. It's just a way to have fun, like playing FFXI. I choose to play video game over hang out at bars, because it's cheaper and I find it more exciting, and that's my choice. I don't need you to tell me which choice is superior.

And yes, the time and money I invested in playing a video game, I expect to get what I paid for. If I invest 600 hours(in fact it's probably higher than that if you count other mission requirement) of work for an ultimate weapon that's supposed to be an ultimate weapon(at least it's always been like that), I expected it to be, well, an ultimate weapon. If they changed it, then it's safe to say my valuable 600 hours of work is wasted, since I literally get nothing else out of those 600 hours. 600 hours that I could have use it to make money irl, learn new skill, or play another video game, or even just to do other events in FFXI that may be more fun. I chose to play this video game over doing something else more productive or another video game, and I already know it isn't productive since it's entertainment. So at least I expect to be entertained by the product I paid for, not to feel cheated by SE.

I don't know how you value your time, maybe you don't value it at all. But I do, I think 600+ hours of my time is hard work, period.
    (14)
    Last edited by Afania; 05-04-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemoncloak View Post
    You may see problems with this. If you do, I'm sure dev's do too. In fact, odds are they see MORE problems than you do (specifically software related problems). If they do something you disagree with, so be it. It's not because you foresaw something that they didn't. It's that the weights of your concerns were not the same.
    No, I think dev underestimated the negative impact and the power of R/E/M emotional attachment(which is more than just stat, but also the look/history/concept) before they make decision like this. They think R/E/M is just another 200~600 hours of work on paper, and if you look at the number it isn't THAT bad. They think they can compensate the players with the WS, which is another mistake they've made, and the result is they're losing customers.
    (11)

Character
    Kirameki
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    My LS due to the new weapons that come from delve has almost completely stopped our Mythic climbs. For get the fact that REM requires literal days of grinding. They should at LEAST lower the cost that it takes to upgrade them. 10,000dyna coins, 30,000 alex, 50/50/75empy. This is so laughably absurd i want to give up on the whole freaking game.
    (1)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post
    new higher end content, new higher end armor, new higher end weapons... yes.. very poor design indeed. How could anyone do such a thing!?
    You know it's bad enough you miss the point the first time. BUt then you come back with this gem and make it apparent you're even clueless about a response to a quote you made. And someone even like it. Which means there's 2 of you out there not reading or paying attention.
    (9)
    Last edited by tyrantsyn; 05-05-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightide View Post
    My LS due to the new weapons that come from delve has almost completely stopped our Mythic climbs. For get the fact that REM requires literal days of grinding. They should at LEAST lower the cost that it takes to upgrade them. 10,000dyna coins, 30,000 alex, 50/50/75empy. This is so laughably absurd i want to give up on the whole freaking game.
    At least you get to quit while you're ahead. Think about those of us who completed R/M/E with the understanding that they would always be top tier. Dirty.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Character
    Ashman
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Are they going to scale Judge's gear in case GM have to defeat SoA content mobs?
    (0)

Page 35 of 91 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast