Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    oh ya forgot to mention I'm going to finish my mythics/relics/empys anyway I don't really care about this "issue" I just do them for fun anyway... or did we forget this isn't a job
    (1)

Character
    Zohno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    maybe you should stop jumping to conclusions and assumptions and actually have some self respect.
    then use words that don't make people jump to conclusions
    (4)

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    I think they are doing to the game what the US govt is doing to America. Sabotage it so that they can move on to bigger and better things....they got rush of cash flow they wanted from the expansion...now they done lol
    you know, I *might* have thought about that, but then I realized, FFXIV isn't up yet, all their other games crashed, this is kind of their last line of defense... and thats why they are actually communicating some form of solution to us, if that was the case they'd just release it as is until the playerbase just choked itself on the vine. so I'm sure it was just a mistake since they have no other *good* form of revenue...
    (2)

Character
    Areayea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    sorry forgot to say, they've already seraded this golden egg goose, and magically kept it alive (THANK GOD I couldn't live without this), now they accidentally whacked it with a hammer, so they just need to figure how to keep it alive again
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Areayea View Post
    oh ya forgot to mention I'm going to finish my mythics/relics/empys anyway I don't really care about this "issue" I just do them for fun anyway... or did we forget this isn't a job
    I forgot it wasn't a job back when it started taking 40 hours a week to keep up with my LS events.

EDIT: Oh and for those that wanna fight

http://www.skype.com/en/

Call / IM each other and have at it. No one else knows / cares what you are arguing about.
    (9)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 05-02-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Just having the weapons skills of R/E becoming more common usage doesn't really address the issue with the R/M/E weapons compared to the new Delve weapons.

I don't think any R/M/E holders are against weapon progression, the problem here lies with the fact that there are new weapons that can be put on the AH that outclasses them by a good margin. What you have to look at with the Relic and Mythic weapons, is they were designed to be the best, and they took years to make, and even now are a significant time investment. Plus there are people like me that don't currently have a R/M/E, but with having played off and on since 2002 they have always been something I wanted to get, and I don't like how they are being handled currently. More because I understand the large amount of time and gil put into acquiring one, and it really makes it hard to justify working towards one when I could just go farm gil and wait til one of new AH-able weapons show up at a price I think is worthwhile and have a better weapon.

One thing about FFXI's design I have always liked, is if you could get the end game weapons built they stayed relevant, which also gave those who wanted one a constant goal to work towards. And if they keep this unique trait going, the R/M/E's don't always have to be the absolute best, but they should stay in the very top tier. It helps keep diversity in the game. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would rather have end-end game events be R/M/E/? instead of X only.
    (6)

Character
    Sekhmet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I for one (and maybe many others, I haven't read this whole thread, and pardon me If what I'm saying has been said before) am NOT in support of this unlocking relic ws's idea. I'm sorry, if i just wanted the ws, I'd use the aby relic ws weapons. I worked for the better part of a year to get my apocalypse, and to see it lowered to the position of a glorified nyzul isle weapon is disappointing to say the least. No offense to you guys, I understand you're working hard trying to come up with things to keep players invested, but I think you jumped the shark with these way overpowered delve weapons. make more powerful weapons, sure, but not fully 100 dmg over the current best weapon! Us RMEC owners made them for a reason.

Sure, you can say that since they made them easier to get that almost everyone has one now, and that these new weapons are for the elite few who have the manpower and resources to get them. but even in that case, your setting those of us with less connections up for frustration by being denied to do content because we're 'gimped'. You know it will happen. It happened with VW and Legion. "no RME, no invite" I've seen it tons of times! I'm saying you are setting yourselves up to lose a LOT of subscribers with these delve weapons. Sure, I know you want people to keep playing, and giving better rewards is a good thing, but dear god, don't obsolete EVERYTHING from the past 10 years of expansions and updates. I'd personally prefer you lower the power of these delve weapons by about 25%, and make plans so we can upgrade our RMEC weapons accordingly. Here's an idea: how about making it possible to use the airlixers and plasma to set upgrade paths for the RMECs? In the same kind of vein as the new armor. path 1: acc boosts path 2: dmg boosts, path 3: some kind of combination of acc and att, or enhance the aftermath effects? let the people who have RMEC choose their own enhancements for their weapon, more customization is a good thing.

I hope I didn't come off too harshly, but seriously, this needs to be addressed or I foresee a lot of people quiting the game.
    (3)
    Last edited by Sekhmet; 05-02-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Why did this thread de-digivolve to us insulting each other instead of complaining for a common goal?
    I'd rather side with the dev than listen to a bunch of screaming from people that can't read a politically worded statement without rioting.

Camate had to come out and tell people to calm down and read because they didn't the first time. And Matsui had to post this originally because people were jumping to wild conclusions about the future of the game they aren't developing and have no insight into the development of.

Forums are designed as a way to share ideas and leave commentary. People on the internet have no manners and can't behave like rational adults. They think it's ok to scream, threaten, and fling poo. Wow people are bored enough to rage against the people trying to give them something to relieve them of their boredom. Pretty ungrateful if you ask me.

They started to give us actual transparency in the last couple of years on the development of this game and thus far we have rewarded them as a whole with discontent. It's a very poor showing to punish someone for giving you what you asked for instead of asking them for something different because you don't think it would make the game better.

I'm bored too, but this expansion (regardless of it's dubious nature as just a capital raising scheme) is pretty darn fun and was a nice surprise. I like this release a lot more than original release, CoP, and Aht Urhgan. I didn't play for release of WotG or Aby and came back after FFXIV failed miserably. Why can't people just play the game?

Instead of people just PLAYING THE GAME and having fun, they are sewing discontent and getting entirely too political about this. I laugh at this communities' over active sense of entitlement. They threaten that they will stop paying for their accounts when we all know the reason they are saying that is because they want attention. If they were really going somewhere else, they would have left already and either left an overly dramatic 'I quit' post that no one would care about or wouldn't have said anything at all and be gone.

If you're posting on this forum, you're still drinking the coolaid and still stuck on the crack that this dealer is selling. So stop acting like you're not and have enough self respect to share some with the rest of the people posting as well. You want to create a clear message for the devs? Make a good enough post that everyone 'likes' it. The first poster that posted could have easily said, 'Matsui, I think that is a terrible idea and it would make me less happy to play the game possibly to the point that I would stop playing it.' Then everyone could have liked it and not needed to add a bunch of 1 liners about quitting and being unreasonable and ungrateful.

How impact-ful do you think a post with 500+ likes looks to the devs?

We are a much better community than most MMOs. That's why we are all here. FFXI is a much better game than most MMOs or at least we think it is or, once again, we wouldn't be here. Almost all of us are FF fanboys and fangirls and we love this series and we love this particular part of the series because it was more than just a stand alone title. The devs are our friends and we should treat them with more respect than we do. They want to give us a game that continually progresses so that we don't get bored and we want a game the rewards dedication & hard work, but is also fun to play.

It pretty clear how much we all love our RMEs. They require hard work, dedication, and they are fun to use when we get them completed. The other communities are saying the same thing as us. They will get the message. Don't you think it would be a better use of our time trying to support a team that is trying to make us a better game then going to war with them so that they squander their limited resources trying to fight us off?

---

My suggestion would be to use Delve as a system, much like the magian trials, to upgrade a wide variety of gear and weapons including RME, Artifact, and Salvage gear. It ill behooves you to replace those standards with something that does not add more diversity and variety to the game. If you want to make new weapons, at least go from the perspective of adding options instead of making another weapon that is generically the best.

The new Dagger for DNC is a godsend because they had no ability to progress past their previous point because dagger were poorly suited for their strengths and accentuated their weaknesses. For swords you could attach the Campaign WS, Uriel Blade, onto whatever monstrosity that Delve will put out as a Prestige Weapon so that RDM, BLU, and PLD could have a MAB WS of prominence instead of just another physical WS. Looking for variety in this new system instead of just blatantly better and the same would be a very positive step to winning over your communities' confidence, something your predecessor never accomplished and failed miserably at in FFXIV. Building on the game's roots is essential for the continued longevity of the game.

I do like how a lot of the new gear looks and you will get my applause for that, (Xux hat and pants are awesome). Most of the gear is always geared for DPS, but with a large amount of reaction from the community for how tough some of the new content is, wouldn't it make sense to release gear that increases the player's personal longevity? Would Haste with PDT be so much to ask for?

We ask for everything you can give us and more, but that's only because we are having fun and enjoying ourselves.

Thank you very much.
    (5)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Candlejack
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Manaking, in all seriousness, listen to yourself. You forget that Matsui, with just two updates less than three months apart, completely raped the entire playerbase and gave us no reason presently to bother with making RMEC weapons. It's not that the new Delve weapons are "a little bit better", it's that they have almost a full 100+ base damage over the RMEC weapons that has people enraged and threatening to quit the game.

For example, I was thinking about taking a Masamune I had recently brought up to the lv.85 stage up to 90 and beyond, but after seeing the Delve weapons I'm questioning myself as to whether I should continue to sink the time and effort of going down that road or just saying f*** it, give up now and /toss it, maybe even go so far as to quit a game that's brought me entertainment for close to seven years. That's how badly the Delve weapons have affected the playerbase.

This is coming from someone who was there in the Dunes at least a year and a half (that I can remember) before level sync, which came before FoV books and SMN burn pts, before GoV and Abyssea key-burn leveling, who saw WoTG go from being a "oh, here's a campaign battle for you to enjoy" expansion to having actual content to it. Even when Empyrean weapons came out and blew Relics out of the water, and the enraged playerbase made SE add Magian trials to keep the Relics relevant and give them a reason to keep making them.

Earlier in the week there was a gleam of hope that Matsui would keep our hard-earned RMEs relevant in the post-Delve FFXI, but as of this thread and what Camate has translated for us, that hope I once saw has now gone up like the smoke I usually exhale from puffing a cigar. If his only answer to keeping the RMEs relevant is to make them the new "mythic base weapon" and we can do a quest to keep the WS from them, then he clearly has no idea of what the playerbase wants.
    We want to KEEP what we've worked so hard to build for RME weapons. We don't use them just for the WS, but for the stats! For the return in damage and stats based off the time, gil and effort invested into the weapon itself. For Matsui to misunderstand the playerbase so grossly shows ignorance of the customers as well as complete incompetence on his part, and he should either freely step down of his own accord or someone higher up in SE's chain of command should fire him, preferably sooner rather than later since the rest of SE's flagship titles aren't doing so well.
    (14)
    Last edited by FenrirCandlejack; 05-02-2013 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMack View Post
    Did we forget that these relics at 75 used to have lower damage than their 99 counter-parts? Or am I just imagining things here, and my 99s always had this much damage at 75.........

The real devastation is the fact they released weapons of this magnitude without properly considering what it would do to this game. What they can do is either nerf these new weapons, and bring them back down to what FFXI is used to.. OR boost the "ultimate" weapons of the game to be slightly better than these new weapons.

In regards to making more and more challenging content: You can make challenging content without making monsters require 300 DMG weapons to win. Insane HP and Defense doesn't make content difficult if that's all there is to it (Unless there's a time limit, of course...). There's an easy way to include strategy in the slaying of more powerful monsters, without having to make 300 damage weapons... but that's not the direction this is going, so we're back to square one.
    The problem is that there's only so far that this can go. At some point, the monsters have to have more hit points, more defense, hit harder, etc., otherwise, you end up with content that's nothing more than sidegrades, which describes XI pre-Abyssea.

When Abyssea started, the game started to be progressive again, with stronger gear, stronger players, and consequently stronger enemies. Seekers of Adoulin is just a step above this. If this is going to be a progressive, old gear will, eventually have to be obsolete, including RMECs. It's an age old problem that just about all MMO's face. Purple and orange gear that raiders farmed for months on end get replaced by blues and greens when a new expansion comes out.

Most of the player base acting like spoiled brats doesn't help much, and simply raising the damage on the RMECs only kicks the can down the road a little.

If you have any good ideas, I'm sure the dev team is all ears, because this problem is as old as MMO's themselves.
    (1)

Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast