Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
    Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    So whats the official word on being able to do this quest if you have a 2nd mythic in progress (on Duties, Tasks and Deeds stage?)
    Is the upgrade quest supposed to function with people in this situation? Do we have to finish/cancel the 2nd one in progess or what?
    - Players were unable reforge their mythic weapons if the weapons were obtained through Mog Bonanza.
    - Players were unable to accept the quest which enables them to reforge their mythic weapon if they were progressing with the following quests.
    An Imperial Heist / Duties, Tasks, and Deeds / Forging a New Myth / Treasures of Aht Urhgan

So... I think you're good to go now.
    Seems like they fixed the mythic problems.
    Really quick too.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    The issue I had initially with this part of the update was that the drops came from Delve because I don't like delve or most alliance content for that matter. So, when people were saying, "Delve drops? I don't want to do Delve." I said, "Yeah, that's really lame." but then I found out, as Byrth said, they drop from other things AND they're sellable. So, now they're pretty much like HMP and Riftcinders, which I'd remind you we complained about too (I did too) until people started completing the trials.
    *Sidenote: It's also I huge economy boost to make these sellable which is another issue people where having.
    Not only that but SE has made very clear they want to give us choices in how we do this. I am tired of people coming here and acting as though Delve is the only method in the world. They included the RME drops in nearly every piece of Adoulin content to date, I haven't done any Skirmish in a while, but I would take a guess it may even drop there as well, just everyone finished their gear and so no one does it anymore. SE left this very open for us, complete a Delve boss win OR... not AND, not INSTEAD OF, OR, you can do a Hard Difficulty SKCNM, not Alliance content, with a good enough party likely not even 6 man content, likely some of them can probably be done with as little as 3 if your good enough players, but no, people complains Delve is the only way it seems.
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Not only that but SE has made very clear they want to give us choices in how we do this. I am tired of people coming here and acting as though Delve is the only method in the world. They included the RME drops in nearly every piece of Adoulin content to date, I haven't done any Skirmish in a while, but I would take a guess it may even drop there as well, just everyone finished their gear and so no one does it anymore. SE left this very open for us, complete a Delve boss win OR... not AND, not INSTEAD OF, OR, you can do a Hard Difficulty SKCNM, not Alliance content, with a good enough party likely not even 6 man content, likely some of them can probably be done with as little as 3 if your good enough players, but no, people complains Delve is the only way it seems.
    Because there's a difference between doing content that *MIGHT* give you the drop you're looking for... (the drops of them in WKRs is just abysmal)
    And one that actually will give you a drop.

It's the same reason why no one farms seals in Abyssea using the quests.
    It's just shitty to do it that way.
    You're not guaranteed the ones you need... or even a drop to begin with.

Delve, like hunting the NMs and yellow procing them for seals, is the currently only reliable way to farm these items.
    And even then... you're not guaranteed the ones you need.

You made the argument that it makes no sense to do level 75 content to get "119 items"....
    Why did it then make sense to do 75 content to make a 99 weapon?
    Because that's really the exact same thing.
    (0)

Player
    Actually, to make a 99 weapon we did Arch-Dynamis Lord, which was not a level 75 NM, same with doing VW to 99 an Empyrean, and Pandemonium Warden may have been released at 75, but he was so infamously difficult he made news because he caused players who fought him to long to become physically ill because they could not beat him and yet persisted to try from what I recall, though I could be mixing AV and PW, since I know one of them did it. The point being with PW that he is not exactly your ordinary level 75 NM, so unless your telling me you want to farm 300 items from him or AV, its not the same thing as leveling to 99, very different. Now if you are talking about the trials before that, sure, they are level 75 mobs, but that was done for convenience on their part I am sure, just throwing those in as kills on trials, they didn't have to add new drop or anything, just make it the target of the trial which I am sure took less work. Your talking about adding drops to old monsters from years ago, and not just 1 or 2, but multiple NMs.

As for the who idea of not being assured a drop, you are complaining Delve is the only option, its not, its the best option, and part of why its a 100% drop is likely for the very reason you don't want to do it, you are lotting against 6~18 others! how many people would ever do Delve NMs if the drop rate were 10% and you only got 1 every 2 runs on average, only for 1 person in the Alliance to get the thing? That would be stupid. Its not that bad.
    (1)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Actually, to make a 99 weapon we did Arch-Dynamis Lord, which was not a level 75 NM, same with doing VW to 99 an Empyrean, and Pandemonium Warden may have been released at 75, but he was so infamously difficult he made news because he caused players who fought him to long to become physically ill because they could not beat him and yet persisted to try from what I recall, though I could be mixing AV and PW, since I know one of them did it. The point being with PW that he is not exactly your ordinary level 75 NM, so unless your telling me you want to farm 300 items from him or AV, its not the same thing as leveling to 99, very different. Now if you are talking about the trials before that, sure, they are level 75 mobs, but that was done for convenience on their part I am sure, just throwing those in as kills on trials, they didn't have to add new drop or anything, just make it the target of the trial which I am sure took less work. Your talking about adding drops to old monsters from years ago, and not just 1 or 2, but multiple NMs.

As for the who idea of not being assured a drop, you are complaining Delve is the only option, its not, its the best option, and part of why its a 100% drop is likely for the very reason you don't want to do it, you are lotting against 6~18 others! how many people would ever do Delve NMs if the drop rate were 10% and you only got 1 every 2 runs on average, only for 1 person in the Alliance to get the thing? That would be stupid. Its not that bad.
    Yes I am talking about adding drops to older content... because then maybe there will be more to do then just more Delve.
    The main reason I argue for this is because, the upgrades for the Relics and Mythics involve fighting and killing not 99 content to make them 99. In fact, the "use the WS X times" trials are all done for lv60 mobs... but it gives you a lv80 and higher weapons.
    Why then should the 99>119 trial be any different.

I am not arguing that we should have similar drops to Delve... but I would like a viable alternative to more Delve.
    And I proposed adding them as rare drops to wherever appropriate because then it give the player OPTIONS.
    (not to mention by making areas where only one of the three drop allows for prices to not go crazy...)
    PLUS it would revitalize content... much like NNI did...

Let's use Dynamis for the rough guide, since not only do I enjoy dynamis runs... but it's also the easiest and cleanest to implement.
    (I also think that Relics are slightly more common than their doppels: Empys? Though I think that has to do with HMP and Cinders...)
    I'm not talking about having everything drop a box 100% of the time...
    But what if the NMs dropped a box (that's the medium one right?) on the rarity that they drop 100 pieces?
    Or, more likely, they dropped them at a lower rate.

Adding singles to the regular mobs is just a suggestion... but if they did, it would be at a rate comparable to armor/weapon drops... or maybe less.

And while this might sound like a lot of work... It's really not.
    It's literally intern level work with spreadsheets.
    Don't you remember when Adoulin first hit and nothing had any steal table? That was patched in like a week... because it takes no work.
    It is at worse typing rf6548 300x... but I'm betting they aren't running FFXI off of MS-DOS... so they can probably copypaste the reference ids.

And my comments about not getting what you need isn't about having to compete against others for lots... you have to do that in base Delve.
    It was about not getting any of the NMs to drop whichever you're needing.

If they added them to the content associated with them... then people could target the ones they need: need relic stones? well you can farm delve or go farm dynamis... Dynamis will take longer, but you're guaranteed to only get relic stones.
    THAT's what I'm talking about.

And more about "that's old content"... Relic+2A requires xp in dynamis areas... but... that's lv90 armor?
    (and just making it 90 takes items that drop from... gasp! lv75 mobs... which thinking about it... the pluton stones should drop at the rate of forgotten pieces... or are those more common than armor? bluh. it'd be the rarest drop.)

And remember, not everyone has access to Delve.
    While you and I might have our Delve wins and all the gear we want from it...
    Not everyone is lucky like us.
    There are some who can't get in because they are new or whatever...
    And updating the REMs would have given a LOT of people who couldn't get into Delve for whatever reason a chance to be able to get in... because they now have a 119.

Which, again, if they added the drops to outside Delve at a reasonable rate...
    Then more people can play together equally.
    Which was why the REMs being the top was so good.
    (1)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 11-12-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I know I've said this before, but I would like the RME upgrade items to have a slightly higher drop rate in WKR to keep people doing them. Like, a person that shows up should really have a 50:50 shot of getting one. If these items find their way into the hands of more players (especially casuals), I think everybody wins.

Hardcore players can still grind Delve NMs at a far faster pace if they would like.
    (3)

Character
    Minikomby
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    about Woe weapons, i notice if you have already lv 90 weapon you just need 35 dice adn 35 residuals but if you decide start a new weapon and take the -1 version from chest you need full items for that, 30 coins 20 crest 50 highcrest 100 dice and 100 residuals? how is this possible when they said that number of items were being reduded?
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Minikom,

The old trials had their item requirements reduced, while the new, alternatives, have higher (one does skip a bunch of monster that way, after all, so I guess it makes sense).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocon View Post
    Nope, sadly no jobs since RotZ have been added to relic weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    Crap! You're right!
    Get on that, SE!
    >:[
    We currently do not have plans to change the equippable jobs for relic weapons and empyrean weapons. However, In the future, we will be adding mythic-like weapons for GEO and RUN.
    (1)

Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We currently do not have plans to change the equippable jobs for relic weapons and empyrean weapons. However, In the future, we will be adding mythic-like weapons for GEO and RUN.
    The question is, why? You have said before that the Relics were not made with the jobs in mind, but how does that change things? Half of the gear in the game was not made for DNC, BLU, PUP, or any of the jobs made after the gear itself was, but they were included on it, and in places they were not, near was made for them. I can understand somewhat, but you make it very unfair to people who play those jobs.

Mythics are by far the hardest task in this game to undertake, Alexandrite alone are more difficult than the entirety of a Relic or even an Empyrean for the most part, most people will never own one because of that. Anyone who plays 1 of the 15 jobs from the original game and RotZ has 3 options of which super weapon they wish to make, a Relic, Mythic, or Empyrean, everyone who plays the 5 jobs from ToAU/WotG has only 2 choices, Mythic or Empyrean, the latter of which is incredibly more difficult to get from 75 to 119 than the other two because of the Heavy Metal Plates and Rift-Items which are required, meaning their choices are both much more difficult than a Relic, and the last two, RUN and GEO, have only one option, which is the hardest of the three.

I ask you, is it not unbalanced that people who play and love these jobs have such limited choices for their best weapons? Wouldn't it be more balanced to add them to their Relic and Empyrean counterparts, or even make special Relics and Empyreans for them specifically?
    (8)

Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast