Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    You're essentially advocating leeching instead of joining a group and contributing your fair share. Well, that's one way to get through the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    And yep. Because the other option for newbies is to pay, and pay, and pay some more- oh, and pay again if they want to have an endgame-appropriate weapon that matches up with their fellows as rather than going through one step of that process, they get to deal with it six, seven, ten times as much instead just so they can contribute with their friends. In content that is only accessed specifically to grind through said gear.
    The way things are going, it appears that SE will always make an easy-to-get, "endgame-appropriate" weapon for players such as yourself. You shouldn't feel threatened by RMEs, you'll still be able to get an awesome weapon that you can use to farm Abyssea or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    This needs to stop. A process that requires you to chew through ancient, outdated content to gain gear appropriate to the current expansion is inappropriate, especially in an age where item level literally IS your effective level. Giving players the option to upgrade old gear, absolutely wonderful. Requiring them to go back multiple expansions to be effective in the current one no longer is.
    It seems like one alternative gives players tons of events to participate in regularly while your alternative would have players do a single event, cap out on gear, and have nothing to do. I wonder which one is healthier for the game. The only reason you don't see a problem with this is because you don't even do Delve, the single event that still matters for weapons.
    (4)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    You're essentially advocating leeching instead of joining a group and contributing your fair share. Well, that's one way to get through the game.
    What, you mean the part where I want less of a series of people getting merc'd through old content so they can do new content?

The way things are going, it appears that SE will always make an easy-to-get, "endgame-appropriate" weapon for players such as yourself. You shouldn't feel threatened by RMEs, you'll still be able to get an awesome weapon that you can use to farm Abyssea or whatever.
    >implying I'm threatened by RME's

I already -did- a Mandau once on my previous account. It was such a disagreeable process that I don't want it to be a requirement for Adoulin-era play.

It seems like one alternative gives players tons of events to participate in regularly while your alternative would have players do a single event, cap out on gear, and have nothing to do. I wonder which one is healthier for the game. The only reason you don't see a problem with this is because you don't even do Delve, the single event that still matters for weapons.
    Let's see. Was that a relic weapon, where you sit there farming currency off mobs I can solo in Skirmish gear without blinking? That's not too bad, up to farming Umbral Marrows or so to get 99. It'll just take hideous levels of time. At 99, you're going to need some help.

Maybe it was a Mythic weapon, waiting days for a potential HNM beastman king to pop so I can actually proceed with the process and the chokepoint of Alexandrite that's only going to get worse with time?

Perhaps it's an Empy weapon, where I can kill the same NM 60+ times to level it up? Won't be too bad till the end, of course. Then you're stuck trying to get stuff like 1500 plates from top-end Voidwatch NMs.

That isn't entertainment, it's slow torture. Aside from the items needed to upgrade a weapon, everything from that content is functionally useless. Now, you update that content along with making RME's useful, then we're talking a success, but RME progress as it stands is nothing but a huge, useless timesink if it becomes needed to do endgame, as whatever is getting upgraded is going to be a step up from the sadist's chamber that is L99 (insert weapon/instrument/shield of choice here).

By comparison, the process to an endgame weapon is now bayld -> skirmish -> Delve, something that is current content only. And that's how it should stay- endgame content should be built on a series of progression that comes from the same expansion as is current, not require the player to make endless detours through old content just to be able to do what everyone else wants to. The only time this shouldn't happen is if old content is updated to be part of new content.

Which is hasn't. And won't be, considering the dev team.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

3. 09-21-2013 11:33 AM

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    use the enter and tab key or GTFO.
    (11)

Character
    Darwyn
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 65
    I've been playing this game for about 3 months now.. (maybe less) and I've got to say some of the longest playing players have the WORST ideas. To me as a new player who has player many other games the idea of there being a set definite best equipment in the game is a simple way of setting goals. In my opinion REM should be the best equipment in the game bar-none with the caveat it of being job specific. If new content comes out a new upgrade path should open for REM allowing them to be on par with such content. That way people aren't just flocking to one area and we have more ppl actually playing the whole game and not just Adoulin. (I haven't even been to dynamis....). Getting Adoulin gear make the game.. "yawn" and it's frustrating when you spend so much time getting to 99 and Empy only to find out that you can't hit ANYTHING until you spend some more time grinding Bayld to get some essentially crappy equipment just to get by in Adoulin.

That's the part that completely sucks about the game is having a feeling of achievement completely splattered by a new area in which all you're previous work is for naught. I personally think that if you spent the time and effort to get empy +2 you should at least be able to hit and kill things in Adoulin. Delve gear can still be the best all around gear but empy should be the best job specific gear.

Honestly I bought the game with all the expansions and I've spent most of my time in Adoulin and Aby. The reason is because no one has a reason to go back, give ppl a reason and us noobies will have someone to help us out. When u're a noob no one helps you out unless there is something in it for them. I honestly was ready to quit when I went to adoulin the first time.. I'm extremely happy because I had empy +2 gear on my monk (after literally begging ppl to help me), I thought to myself I'm ready for Adoulin and I set forth to start, after 2 mins of exploring I get agro and the first mob kills me.. WT(curseword). Then when other players told me I had to do carrier runs or reives (boring stuff) just to get bayld to buy NEW equipment simply to stay alive.. I was about to just cancel my subscription. I didn't but I stopped playing for about a week.

Oh also, I love it when people shout for parties for stuff I need in Adoulin but then get shot down because I don't have the best Delve gear.. It makes no sense to require a player to have the gear they are trying to get in order to get it. (That sentence doesn't even make sense) Essentially I shouldn't need Delve gear to get Delve gear.. it's dumb.
    (10)
    Last edited by Darwyn; 09-27-2013 at 02:27 AM.

6. 09-27-2013 08:42 AM

Character
    Warusha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    The month is over half way over with. When are we getting notes on upgraded weapons? I'm worried content will be implemented without player feedback.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tptn937 View Post
    The month is over half way over with. When are we getting notes on upgraded weapons? I'm worried content will be implemented without player feedback.
    Knowing SE, they're probably going to fuck up on RME again

Personally I think the best way to make everyone happy is make RME weapon situationally useful, and still keep delve weapon good. If you're really into that job, you get RME AND delve weapon. If you don't care about the job as much, don't bother with RME. One very good example is apoc, it's a very useful(and fun) weapon if you want to lowman on DRK, real hardcore DRK would make one, but it's by no means a must have for DRK.

Making REM on par/a bit subpar/a bit better than delve weapon is pointless, the game would go back to SoA vertical gear progression crap. One thing that's fun about FFXI, is that you have tons of gears to choose from depending on situation.
    (9)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Knowing SE, they're probably going to fuck up on RME again

Personally I think the best way to make everyone happy is make RME weapon situationally useful, and still keep delve weapon good. If you're really into that job, you get RME AND delve weapon. If you don't care about the job as much, don't bother with RME. One very good example is apoc, it's a very useful(and fun) weapon if you want to lowman on DRK, real hardcore DRK would make one, but it's by no means a must have for DRK.

Making REM on par/a bit subpar/a bit better than delve weapon is pointless, the game would go back to SoA vertical gear progression crap. One thing that's fun about FFXI, is that you have tons of gears to choose from depending on situation.
    I was having a similar discussion with a LSmate of mine...
    They were of the opinion/want that because Ochain was mentioned to be an effective iLv150, that Adoulin is gonna bring us all the way to 150.
    I.... disagree... and pray that I am right that Adoulin will only go as high as CL20, ie iLv119 (120).

Because if it DOES go to 150.... the moment the other fractures get added, which I think will remain at 120 level, but my LSmate believe will be higher....
    REMs will be jank again.
    And then we're back to square one AGAIN...
    And even worse.... The DELVE ppl who don't want REMs back because they are afraid of being out of the spotlight again... will be shoved out of the spotlight right along with the REM ppl... because.... 130 Delve!

hopefully I'm right in my understanding that Adoulin is only going to 120.... that all the Delve fractures will be 119iLv drops... and that Delve-Bird and Delve-Tree will offer the missing weapon types. (as it stands we have 119 h2h, dagger, sword, axe, polearm, great katana, and... crossbow. But The Nakuaal's in WKR2 give us a club, great axe, scythe, and... another axe... so it stands to reason that their Delve versions will give the 119 version of those weapons.)

This next update is what will really make or break the game completely.
    Succeed in reaffirming the work of REMs, but making Delve2 >120.... = failure
    Succeed in reaffirming the work of REMs, but making Delve2 =120, and thusly show that Adoulin will not step farther than 120... = sustainability

EDIT: Ironically... ALL of this could have been solved with one thing: a single magian trial/REM to give them an appropriate iLv and/or making the 99-2 REM have an iLv.
    Then, should the game progress higher than 120, there can be more day1 magian trials.
    This whole iLv thing... while interesting... it's not been done before.
    Many people feel that it's broken or "halfassed"... but I am fine with it.
    I think it's because I'm a scientist and this kind of "oh crap, we didn't take into account X thing gotta fix that" is kinda the basis of my entire profession. (specifically thinking about that huge update where all iLv weapons got an overhaul and we got all that fake skill and stuff... That kind of change is very normal in labwork.)
    So for me, this kind of updating is normal.
    But I can understand why this type of creation would bother people.
    Outside of labwork... this kind of thing never happens.
    (2)
    Last edited by FaeQueenCory; 10-20-2013 at 03:39 AM.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Sounds like this next update is a killer update. We're getting new spells, maybe abilities, RME upgrades, and so much more. Honestly, imo, I really hope they are taking a chill pill on monstrosity and focusing on what most people want worked on.

Not to offend those that love that new system, but the main game is still pretty messed up. I can't get over how many spells and ws's are still broke after 4 years. I'm really saddened by Tourbillion not working if no one has noticed the last few months that I have been begging SE to fix.
    (4)

Player
    I doubt the next fractures will be level 113 & 119 weapons again, they will push up the levels, why? Simple, because of the WKs. Original WKs were level 106 gear, new WKs were level 115 gear, by that example, we can expect fractures to go up by about the same amount probably, 10ish levels. I would be somewhat surprised if they actually kept it at 119, because the increase from WK to Delve would be only 4 levels.
    (1)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui

You're probably thinking "if that’s the case, then don’t announce anything," but because I thought it wouldn't be good to not let you know anything until plans were finalized I decided to make this post. (I've been under so much stress I feel like I'm going to get an ulcer >< But I know I shouldn't be complaining.)

I apologize, but unfortunately I am unable to answer anything at this point in time. One of the reasons I felt I should not have mentioned anything during a stage where various things have not been finalized yet, despite prefacing it that this is non-finalized information, was following up on individual specific questions based on supposition.

Being silent because it's not possible to answer right now would remove the whole purpose of why I posted, but on the other hand, continuing to entertain suppositions would cause expectations to grow even more wild. As a result of this, things that I didn't promise would turn into promises, and I would like to avoid making it seem like we are breaking promises.

This is the New Producer or the "New Final Fantasy XI"?? After six months out I thought I'd try the new content I've missed out of and stayed up to date about. The after-math of Abysea has left the state of the MMO in ruin(and mostly due to the credit of FFXIV:ARR).

Should I give Matsui a chance and see how FFXI holds up? The whole direction Vanadiel is going is leaving me in disarray. Critiques are pointing to "gear focused content" being the cause of the whole transformation of FFXI.

Is there more story, a better expansion leading FFXI into the future for the better? What's going on here!? (o . o)?
    (0)
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 ... LastLast