Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Level 99 Relic, Mythic, Empyrean, and WoE Weapons

Greetings everyone,

Below is a comment from Producer Akihiko Matsui about level 99 relic, mythic, empyrean, and Walk of Echoes weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Matsui here.

I have some follow-up information regarding how we plan to build on relic, mythic, empyrean, and Walk of Echoes ("coin") weapons (I'll refer to them as RMEC below. Apologies that I left out coin weapons in my last post).

There are many who feel upset and uneasy regarding the recently introduced weapons, as well as the information that has been conveyed until now. So while this information is still not finalized, I would like to give a bit more insight into our plans.

We are planning to unlock the special weapon skills that are granted from RMEC weapons when you have upgraded them to their level 99 form (this includes non-afterglow weapons, and shield/instruments will not be included in this). However, we plan on adding some conditions that fall in line with the jobs that can equip the respective RMEC weapons.

As we have yet to finish all the testing as to whether or not we can do this, please let me again reiterate that this is not yet finalized.

Due to the nature of this topic, we definitely need to proceed carefully, so despite the fact that I'm only mentioning this at the idea level, I understand that the level of disappointment will be quite great if I say that it is too difficult to accomplish this after all, and I was thinking it would be best to let you all know once it took a bit more shape.

You're probably thinking "if that’s the case, then don’t announce anything," but because I thought it wouldn't be good to not let you know anything until plans were finalized I decided to make this post. (I've been under so much stress I feel like I'm going to get an ulcer >< But I know I shouldn't be complaining.)

While the memories you made and the stats on your equipment cannot always be proportionate, we are trying our best to see if we can keep all of the effort spent on earning these weapons intact.

We plan to do all that we can, but please give us some time for this.

He also follows up on a player's comment, which I've summarized below:

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post

I have the following questions/comments regarding the unlocking of these special weapon skills, and I'm sure a lot of others are thinking the same:

- Relics: There are gaps in a lot of the weapon skills for these weapons. For example, there is no special advantage to Knights of Round or Scourge, while on the other hand unlocking Catastrophe or Coronach would lead to the destruction of balance.

- Mythic: These weapon skills can already be unlocked through the quest "Unlocking a Myth."

- Empyrean/Coin: How will these weapon skills be differentiated for the two weapons?
    I was thinking this question would pop up.

I apologize, but unfortunately I am unable to answer anything at this point in time. One of the reasons I felt I should not have mentioned anything during a stage where various things have not been finalized yet, despite prefacing it that this is non-finalized information, was following up on individual specific questions based on supposition.

Being silent because it's not possible to answer right now would remove the whole purpose of why I posted, but on the other hand, continuing to entertain suppositions would cause expectations to grow even more wild. As a result of this, things that I didn't promise would turn into promises, and I would like to avoid making it seem like we are breaking promises.

With that said, the answer for the moment for many things will be "Sorry, but I cannot answer that right now."

Once the content has been fleshed out and confirmed I will be sure to let you all know the details, but please give me some time.
    (19)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    This is a joke, right? It's May 1st, not April 1st. Unless AM and ODD/ODT travels with the Weaponskill, this is offensive. More so to people who only recently finished.
    (86)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 05-02-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    What has been done is completely unacceptable and nothing short of adjusting the damage on REM will do. Period. My accounts go inactive on May 18th and I won't be resubbing until an acceptable resolution to this terrible development direction has been established.
    (68)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Camate, in the words of Leslie Nielsen "We're all counting on you, good luck."

Can you please let Matsui know that no one uses relic WSs and that that solution has only served to disappoint relic owners more?

Also, we're all counting on you, good luck.

Can you also let him know that many players feel he made too big a jump in rendering even Skirmish obsolete?

We're all counting on you, good luck.
    (49)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The simplest and dirtiest solution is just tack on +75 or however much onto RME so they're still a little better than everything else. It's still kinda lazy but problem solved.

Edit: Obviously, it wouldn't make sense to just have our 99 weapon's DMG changed one update to be competitive with the new HQ Rare/EX drops. They should be a trial or a series of trials that allow them to reach that level.
    (9)
    Last edited by Mefuki; 05-04-2013 at 02:05 AM.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    The simplest and dirtiest solution is just tack on +75 or however much onto RME so they're still a little better than everything else. It's still kinda lazy but problem solved.
    The max you could get on Crobaci is about 179, Senbaak +1 is 247, that's a 68 dmg boost, +75 would make Ragnarok 218, which still falls WAY short.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Ica
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    This is a bad idea and the devs should feel bad.
    (60)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Can you please let Matsui know that no one uses relic WSs and that that solution has only served to disappoint relic owners more?
    Catastrophe, Coronach and Namas Arrow disagree with you.

It concerns me given the fact that well over half the population own a Relic now, we're hearing about such stupid potential changes. Hopefully the JP players sling poop about this - because that's the only way anything is going to be done.
    (18)

Character
    Antonaki
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    250 mil for a WS. That has got to be THE WORST thing i have ever heard when it has come to REM upgrades. Especially when most of the WSs tied to these weapons are pretty much useless. If REM 99s dont get a DMG boost to put them back up to par with the newly added weapons there will be absolutely no point in upgrading them. You have to also take into account it is not just the time, cost, effort that will be wasted.. it is the unique model of the REM weapons also. No other weapons look like REMs, they should be kept as unique as they have been for all these years.
    (49)

That has got to be one of the poorest dev responses that I have ever seen written. Basically says sorry you feel that your time has been wasted, and we have no plan in place but are panicking trying to come up with one. Please stay tuned.
    (56)
    Last edited by BorkBorkBork; 05-02-2013 at 04:22 AM.

Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast