Page 29 of 91 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Why is this in the "early" stages? Shouldn't something have been thought of when these weapons were created...?
    This is exactly why I didn't hesitate to cancel my account immediately. Just so discouraging... like no one there cares.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Character
    Hiroyuki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I think what SE fails to realize is that for the last year or so they really haven't given us much to do except for weapon building via Trial of the Magians and now they are just basically saying (proposing) that it will be a thing of the past and that time and hard work, regardless of if one was upgrading a relic, mythic, empyrean or walk of echoes weapon, has now been completely wasted.

That's the main point of why we're all outraged and SE's shortsightedness to be like other MMOs in the the style of FF is doing nothing short of upsetting the player base. Magians trials are not fun, I'm not saying that in the least but it still gave people something to do and people are proud of the progress they have made with the weapons they made for certain situations and now all that work appears to mean nothing as if SE is proposing they are about to say tough ****, move on with this now or leave.
    (4)

Character
    Kayvindra
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukihiro View Post
    I think what SE fails to realize is that for the last year or so they really haven't given us much to do except for weapon building via Trial of the Magians and now they are just basically saying (proposing) that it will be a thing of the past and that time and hard work, regardless of if one was upgrading a relic, mythic, empyrean or walk of echoes weapon, has now been completely wasted.

That's the main point of why we're all outraged and SE's shortsightedness to be like other MMOs in the the style of FF is doing nothing short of upsetting the player base. Magians trials are not fun, I'm not saying that in the least but it still gave people something to do and people are proud of the progress they have made with the weapons they made for certain situations and now all that work appears to mean nothing as if SE is proposing they are about to say tough ****, move on with this now or leave.
    I agree. I don't understand why they suddenly feel the need to be like every other MMO on the market when the game has been going strong for 10 years the way it is. Like I've said in previous posts if I wanted to play WoW I would be playing that an not this. Please SE, stop trying to turn this game into WoW. I'm obviously not the only player who is not at all interested in the direction you are taking this game.
    (7)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayvindra View Post
    Paying for an account when they don't listen to anything their players want solves nothing. I think its funny that Matsui thinks that we will be disappointed if they can't follow through with this "idea" when in reality we are already disappointed at the fact that this REALLY DUMB "idea" even came about in the first place.

I'm sick of everyone saying "well that is what every other MMO does." That's great, but I don't want to play those other MMOs, that is why I play FFXI and not the others.
    And that is a fair judgement to make. I have had many ideas over the years and SE never implemented a single one of them. They've done some things I've thought were monumentally stupid. If I feel like quitting over this, that's my choice of how I spend my money.

But I'm not going to delude myself into thinking I'm making the game a better place by cutting its funding.

Edit: and I'm not going to accuse you of thinking that way either, I'm just attempting to point out that this is a no-win situation.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 05-03-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Character
    Vishna
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I don't know if anybody, especially SE, has realized what is happening now, is almost exactly what has happened to FFXIV after it's initial release:

1 - People are not paying and supporting this, and are cancelling their accounts
    2 - People are consistantly talking about cancelling their accounts, or are in the thought process that if things don't improve, they are going to cancel their account.
    3 - Lots of bad opinions from the fanbase. Eventually this can get onto video game publications and websites, which will only increase bad publicity about SE's diminishing reputation as a company.
    4 - You still got some, but not many, thinking this is a good idea. Everybody is welcome to their opinion, and if you like it, you like it. But if just as many people like it as much as people liked the original FFXIV, then obviously the future doesn't look good.

So if they are experiencing a bout of Deja Vu at the offices of SE, there's a really good reason. Cause it's not that far off.
    (4)

Character
    Kayvindra
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    And that is a fair judgement to make. I have had many ideas over the years and SE never implemented a single one of them. They've done some things I've thought were monumentally stupid. If I feel like quitting over this, that's my choice of how I spend my money.

But I'm not going to delude myself into thinking I'm making the game a better place by cutting its funding.
    I'm not saying that I'm thinking its going to make the game better. If I'm at a point where I don't want to play/pay anymore then it means I've lost all hope that its going to get better. Look at all the outcry about this and all Matsui says is "stats on your equipment can't always be proportionate." To me that's him giving me the big middle finger for all the hard work I put into making my relics and emps and if everyone cancelling their accounts is the only way for SE to see how big of a **** up this is then so be it.
    (4)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Are you going to delude yourself into beliving that if you stay with them, they will actually fix the mess they made when they werent listening even when we were funding them? In the real world, if the ones funding the programs dont like the results, funding is cut or pulled, how is it different here? If we keep paying like nothing is wrong, they will not listen, if we cut their earnings, they will take notice. Simple as that. If this decision has caused the game to die, let that be upon SE and their determination to remain inflexible and unbending, because im sure plenty of us would accept a rollback and this update being totally undone.

Think what you will, but unlike Yinnyth, i dont pay for things i dont want or need. I dont pay for petfood if i dont have a pet, i dont pay for motorcycle insurance if i dont have a motorcycle, and if paying for the game hasnt made it better, why should i keep paying, especially when the fun in it has left me?

We as a playerbase complain a lot, sure, but usually, its because we want change, but the game is bearable enough to continue playing. So if the minor changes before were totally disreguarded, what makes anyone believe this time will be different?

Ill check back on the forums every few weeks/months after my sub' expires, but I am not going to be herded into the barn and told to be a sheep.
    (7)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Cancelled x2 accounts x9 characters gone as of May 25th. I don't have a e/m/r 99 (x3 90 empys) and was working toward a relic but this is Horse @$#% . Goals... unfinnished goals, just don't seem worth finnishing if this is the rout this is taking, update wipes out last months progress, then 2 months later that gets obsolete by the next update, ... that is not why I play.. that doesn't make me feel accomplished, if I wanted mario I would play mario, I will miss my friends dearly but I am not happy with the last 6 years of goals wiped out by a single update, to please the not so derpish. I'm no leet by any streach of the imagination but I was happy with where I was in this game, Blm main and fairly content with my progress on my main account. I understand blm's uselessness with new content, but My drk was a work in progress and to have what I did have so outclassed by something that can be bought. No thanks. I worked hard for what I had. again, thank you S.e. for the past 6 years friendships but no thanks to the new hyper hampster wheel you're throwing in the cage.
    (8)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

Character
    Falseliberty
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Lets be honest a lot of you was bored and wanted to quit before the r/m/e mess even started
    (3)

Character
    Bryangelos
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Falseliberty View Post
    Lets be honest a lot of you was bored and wanted to quit before the r/m/e mess even started
    Actually no, my goals were to get a amano to 99 and a yochi to 99. After i finished both of those i was thinking of making a burtgang for my pld. I was having fun doing the new content with the weapons i had built over the years, and going to make more.
    (8)

Page 29 of 91 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast