Page 27 of 91 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pippy
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    As someone who paid roughly 150M for a relic and then used 5 marrows back when they were 20M a piece, I can understand peoples frustrations and agree with a lot of the statements saying but what people don't realize is that this game after like 12 years is probably spaghetti code, so they're limited in what they can implement in that aspect, not to mention they have a budget as well.
    (0)

Character
    Zohno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    they should plan better how to use that budget.
    with how overpowered delve stuff is, less people will join salvage, voidwatch, dynamis… even skirmish.
    there will be a less income of alex, currency, metals, dross and cinder.
    maybe that's why they are thinking of removing REM from the game, so that they don't have to sweat over on how to rebalance stuff?
    (1)
    Last edited by Zohno; 05-03-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Hrm.

I can't stop thinking: “Really? Like adult's really?”

This certainly is different, and while it is fun to see them go beyond the usual, it's sad that they seemingly seem to simply suggest that these weapons surely should surface never again.
    At least lower the requirements of Alexandrite et al, or increase the supply a lot. Something like 100 Alexandrite for the Mythic kind, 10 Heavy Metal for Empyrean. Seems about right, no?

The weapons like to be used, methinks. Should they become useless to the normal players, at least make them more available to the collectors like me, who would actually still use them at times!

Getting pretty confused about their vision of this game. Usually I'm easy to let things they do go, and see what they're doing, but this is going to odd places.

Time will tell, I guess...
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Ashman
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I was asked to post this here by another forum. I have tried to clean it up (the air is a little more relaxed there) and I'm sorry if it's a wee bit out of context.

Also, I would like to point out that I have nothing but respect for the concept of "busting my rear end to do my job and feeling like I get nothing but complaints for my efforts". The anger in the tempo of this comment was aimed at the flippancy of other posters there. Good luck Dev Team and sorry if this ruined your Holiday :/

Quote Originally Posted by Snozeberry
    This just reaks of a sense of entitlement that the current generation keeps thinking that work they've done in the past somehow means they are guaranteed something in the future. Your work in the past was to get something in the past. They aren't taking anything away from you.
    Except, I'm the older generation and this makes you sound like an (Censored) idiot. I will gladly elucidate for you.

I understand that relics are easy now or some people had an easier time making them but here goes:

I spent 2 hours farming dynamis (poorly) everyday getting ~200 currency. That's 153 hours of my time spent farming up apoc (JUST FOR 75).
    Then the trials. I think it's a conservative estimate to say another 40-50 hours for the trials to 99.
    (Censored...... unnecessary vulgar sentence) my time is actually pretty valuable. Ask a college student what an hour costs them. If one of my customers wants to buy an hour of my time, they're paying $50/hour. In 203 hours I'm fairly certain I could begin to learn another language, or re-build an engine (or in theory go buy some mountain dew, play 3 rounds of COD and be rude on an online forum).

Either way 200+ hours is a huge chunk of time to invest into ANYTHING (let alone a game they charge me for). If you took my working value/hour and applied it to this it would cost you $ 10,150 to have me farm you an Apocalypse on the clock. That's a bit extruded obviously but time IS valuable. When I've only got an average of 700,800 hours on this planet (and only half of those are "good") I kind of expect a return on my investment.

Now you're telling me that someone can get something that renders my investment irrelevant with (assuming luck) less than a days worth of work? Yeah, I'm not excited about that. This isn't World of Warcraft. This isn't another MMO. The concept of "everything will be obsolete eventually" was never a part of FFXI, as long as I've been playing (since NA release). If I ever thought relics would be EASILY replaced, I wouldn't have spent the time on it... simple as that.

I also am NOT required to play this game. I do pay for it (in case you weren't aware). I don't use my parents credit card to pay for this account. Being that it is a commodity, or product, it is their job to please me.... in essence I am entitled to demand what I want from this game because they charge me to play it. They stop fulfilling their side of the bargain and guess what:

[spoiler]

I stop paying for it

[/spoiler]

Everyone with their HURPEDY DURPEDY, CHANGE R GUD MAN. I THINK WE SHUD GET 10 MIN WORK WEAPON BECUZ WOW DOZ IT is stupid. If I wanted that I would have played a different MMO. I vote with my dollar. That's my entitlement. If you change my Coca-Cola, and I don't like it; I go buy pepsi (or just drink water, etc).

It's not their "whim" to make this game. It is their job to make content that pleases people and draws them business. A large portion of the playerbase saying "forget this, im out" is NOT good for Square Enix. If you think new people are going to run out and buy FFXI after 13 years because of 300 D weapons, you're beyond help.

tl;dr keep the majority happy and stop trying to reinvent the wheel. You're not going to attract new players after a decade being like WOW, because if they wanted that they'd go play WOW instead long ago.
    (17)

Character
    Viking
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Ty SE for a long relationship. Lately u become retarded so I think its time for us to part. We spent hours/days/months together farming my 6 emp weapons. Today i learned u betrayed me and all others with theese new weapons. I decided to leave u now. Goodbye
    (3)

Character
    Bryangelos
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    I was asked to post this here by another forum. I have tried to clean it up (the air is a little more relaxed there) and I'm sorry if it's a wee bit out of context.

Also, I would like to point out that I have nothing but respect for the concept of "busting my rear end to do my job and feeling like I get nothing but complaints for my efforts". The anger in the tempo of this comment was aimed at the flippancy of other posters there. Good luck Dev Team and sorry if this ruined your Holiday :/

Except, I'm the older generation and this makes you sound like an (Censored) idiot. I will gladly elucidate for you.

I understand that relics are easy now or some people had an easier time making them but here goes:

I spent 2 hours farming dynamis (poorly) everyday getting ~200 currency. That's 153 hours of my time spent farming up apoc (JUST FOR 75).
    Then the trials. I think it's a conservative estimate to say another 40-50 hours for the trials to 99.
    (Censored...... unnecessary vulgar sentence) my time is actually pretty valuable. Ask a college student what an hour costs them. If one of my customers wants to buy an hour of my time, they're paying $50/hour. In 203 hours I'm fairly certain I could begin to learn another language, or re-build an engine (or in theory go buy some mountain dew, play 3 rounds of COD and be rude on an online forum).

Either way 200+ hours is a huge chunk of time to invest into ANYTHING (let alone a game they charge me for). If you took my working value/hour and applied it to this it would cost you $ 10,150 to have me farm you an Apocalypse on the clock. That's a bit extruded obviously but time IS valuable. When I've only got an average of 700,800 hours on this planet (and only half of those are "good") I kind of expect a return on my investment.

Now you're telling me that someone can get something that renders my investment irrelevant with (assuming luck) less than a days worth of work? Yeah, I'm not excited about that. This isn't World of Warcraft. This isn't another MMO. The concept of "everything will be obsolete eventually" was never a part of FFXI, as long as I've been playing (since NA release). If I ever thought relics would be EASILY replaced, I wouldn't have spent the time on it... simple as that.

I also am NOT required to play this game. I do pay for it (in case you weren't aware). I don't use my parents credit card to pay for this account. Being that it is a commodity, or product, it is their job to please me.... in essence I am entitled to demand what I want from this game because they charge me to play it. They stop fulfilling their side of the bargain and guess what:

[spoiler]

I stop paying for it

[/spoiler]

Everyone with their HURPEDY DURPEDY, CHANGE R GUD MAN. I THINK WE SHUD GET 10 MIN WORK WEAPON BECUZ WOW DOZ IT is stupid. If I wanted that I would have played a different MMO. I vote with my dollar. That's my entitlement. If you change my Coca-Cola, and I don't like it; I go buy pepsi (or just drink water, etc).

It's not their "whim" to make this game. It is their job to make content that pleases people and draws them business. A large portion of the playerbase saying "forget this, im out" is NOT good for Square Enix. If you think new people are going to run out and buy FFXI after 13 years because of 300 D weapons, you're beyond help.

tl;dr keep the majority happy and stop trying to reinvent the wheel. You're not going to attract new players after a decade being like WOW, because if they wanted that they'd go play WOW instead long ago.
    Lol i had to laugh at the bold part, because of this,

Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post

Edit: You've stopped paying SE. This is the biggest thing I'm taking offense to: You no longer pay them, yet I still do, and you think your word should be worth as much- nay, HALF as much as mine is? I'm still paying them despite the fact they've overlooked every suggestion I've ever given. You stopped paying them and expect them to make expensive changes on your behalf. Logical.

No, you're complaining and expect them to use my money to make changes you want. You're no longer willing to fund the project. Stop telling other people to do the same.

I was told you aren't allowed to have a say unless you continue to pay for your account.
    (0)
    Last edited by bryangelos; 05-03-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Character
    Ashman
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bryangelos View Post
    Lol i had to laugh at the bold part, because of this,

I was told you aren't allowed to have a say unless you continue to pay for your account.
    In my defense: I am saying that I still pay for XI and intend to continue to pay for XI pending where the axe falls on this RME issue. However, I am perfectly capable of NOT paying for XI if this madness continues. SE has been getting 1 account worth of payments from me since NA release, and a second for about half that.

I have no intention of playing if RME is no longer relevant (not a threat, just simple fact). I'd say the same to SE as I say to a cheating girlfriend: To me relationships are built entirely on trust and if I don't have trust we don't have a relationship.
    (4)

Character
    Kayvindra
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    "Here we'll let you have the ws after you spend 100mil+ on the weapon, we don't care that you want the damage to be proportionate"

That is my interpretation of it, and if that is how this is gonna work then I know my 4 characters will not be seen in Vana'diel for much longer.
    (2)

Character
    Bryangelos
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashman View Post
    In my defense: I am saying that I still pay for XI and intend to continue to pay for XI pending where the axe falls on this RME issue. However, I am perfectly capable of NOT paying for XI if this madness continues. SE has been getting 1 account worth of payments from me since NA release, and a second for about half that.

I have no intention of playing if RME is no longer relevant (not a threat, just simple fact). I'd say the same to SE as I say to a cheating girlfriend: To me relationships are built entirely on trust and if I don't have trust we don't have a relationship.
    I agree with you completely you misunderstood i guess, i just thought it was funny you brought up canceling if they don't change. Because i did the same thing and got told if i cancel then they shouldn't listen to me, i should continue to keep paying them and hope they change. Otherwise my opinion was invalid.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If everyone follows your example and unsubscribes, there will be only 1 change FFXI will experience: death. Ceasing to pay for FFXI fixes nothing. It makes the problems worse.

Game no longer fun for you? That's fair, and anyone should be able to make the decision to quit. But if you want changes, help us pay for them.
    (0)

Page 27 of 91 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 ... LastLast