Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    disagree, since delve weapon are Rare skirmish's are the best offhands until RME99 upgrade
    Ok, for off-handing yes, its good, but that's it really. Delve is not as hard as you make it out to be, I have friends who are not uber pro DDs or anything who shouted for and got their wins, anyone who wants the weapon enough can go out and look up a strat, throw a party together in Adoulin, and go kill the NM, more than enough people doing wins right now that it should easily fill up.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    designing content to be done step by step is nice in theory. But everyone will simply do everything they can to jump to the last stage with the most minimal effort applied.
    (6)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The way they should have done regarding all those gears/weapons to make them 'sequences' are to make the lower tier item a required item in order for one to receive the higher tier item. i.e. the Black Belt quest or Magian trial style.

Unfortunately the cat is out of the bag already and there's no going back.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune11 View Post
    Alhanelem, there's a reason I merely referenced "Adoulin" content in the title and not all previous content. It's expected that older content should be surpassed. This was a mere month. The biggest issue i have is that all we have now with the expansion is Delve. There's little reason to do coalition tasks, earn Bayld, etc.
    Do coalition to obtain access to wildkeeper reive, earn bayld so you can buy temp ki to play it. Looks like some nice gear can be obtained from it. I think that ki cost 100k bayld to play it once so I'm sure that will keep people busy for awhile.

Even if you purchase delve gear from npc, you still need to collect, buy airelixers to upgrade them, I don't see everyone getting this done in 1 month unless you live in ffxi all day everyday =p And in order for people to play Delve you need to bring your A-Game, be well equipped. I read the synthesis materials used to create those godly weapons are dropped off final boss in each delve area. Well before SE made recent change in previous update, I only had the privilege to see 1 boss, but we ran out of time and did not engage it. Out of 18 people alliance, even if you reach final boss, win fight and synthesis material drop, how many parties do you think it will take before you get it?

SE already posted something about REM upgrades in a future update. Well if basic requirement to obtain those upgrades is to have REM 99 then that's a lot work even if you have delve weapons/gear- but atleast having those gears will help you reach goals faster. So that can be one reason to go back to the old content.

AF, Relic, Emp for Geo and Rune hasn't been released yet so that's something to look forward to.

Can't blame SE if people choose to play the game too fast. Games such as mmorpg are not meant for people to beat the game in 1 day, it's there for you to socialize, meet awesome people from all over the world and have some entertainment together with friends, family etc.

It's not like ffxi is coming to an end, before was Abby, vw, today happens to be Delve, there are many people who are not on the same level as you. But atleast you have power to get around the game better than others.

What's the point in rushing? Enjoy the game

I appreciate that the developers are doing their best on a daily basis to code and fix bugs, give us several expansions and new content. Other games barely give you as much as FFXI. If only developing games was easy then I'm sure companies like SE wouldn't have to hire a team of programmers, graphic design artist, cinema and movie, web design, music composers, marketing and promotions, go through a chain of command to get the authority and the go ahead on new ideas, you get the idea right?

I've seen so many posts from people threatening, blaming, complaining, cursing out the developers rather than being thankful and appreciating that they gave us something. Have a little faith and be patient, in the end SE has always done their best to make everyone happy, and we all know that it's impossible to make everyone happy lol.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 05-24-2013 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Also, make the Coalition weapons actually good, guys. Make the damage in reives the standard DMG rating.
    I was actually writing up some commentary on the Coalition weapons just before Delve was released and made it all irrelevant. Several of the weapons are OK; without the latent they're roughly comparable to AH options, and with the latent they're a bit better (with a few exceptions). The dagger in particular is poorly done, though, as even with the latent it's still worse than AH options.

If Delve hadn't been introduced, these would mostly be perfectly decent new baseline weapons, and useful for taking into Wildkeeper Reives (and Skirmish, if that counts for activating the latent) for chances at better stuff.

The Coalition/Wildkeeper/Skirmish progression is actually all fairly well laid out. However, Delve came in and just crushed everything else, while also being completely divorced from the requirements progression (bayld from reives to access Wildkeepers; Skirmish pops dropping from reives (now) or other general Coalition activities), so....

If they had made it so that access to Delve fractures required items that dropped in Skirmish and Wildkeepers instead of free-roaming mobs, I think that would have put a sufficient lock on progression to keep people working through the standard lines. You'd still do lots of reives to get the Skirmish pops, which means you also get Bayld for Wildkeeper runs, and doing both to get ready to do Delve runs.
    (1)

If your not a well geared DPS you can just level your cor, brd, whm in 1 day in abyssea. I would pick cor personally since it doesn't even take much gear to play, join shout groups for KIs, join farm groups buy weapon for whatever undergeared DPS job.

1. Level Cor in Abyssea
    2. Buy Hunters, Chaos, Fighters roll (Learn to roll close to 11)
    3. Join delve KI shouts
    4. Join delve farm shout
    5. Buy weapon for undergeared DPS job.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Ok, for off-handing yes, its good, but that's it really. Delve is not as hard as you make it out to be, I have friends who are not uber pro DDs or anything who shouted for and got their wins, anyone who wants the weapon enough can go out and look up a strat, throw a party together in Adoulin, and go kill the NM, more than enough people doing wins right now that it should easily fill up.
    I've yet to join any party that could beat the final megaboss in delve areas. Plasma farming and NM hunting is not hard but I think the point of obtaining the npc delve weapons and upgrading them plus having the right gear sets and strategy and kill it before time runs out is the real challenge that people are overlooking, I think you only have 15-25 minutes to defeat the final megaboss and that's why fracture walls are timed. It's the crafting materials needed to create the weapons that surpass the ones npc sells that end game players will be interested in. Haven't seen much info yet and haven't seen or know anyone that has the craft weapons but looks like it could take a long time to achieve it.
    (0)

Character
    Masamune
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    KI price reduction is based on the number of Coalitions, so if you do only the same one over and over then you get no additional reduction.
    That was what we were told by the developers in these forums. I wish that was the case. But countless others have gotten the price down to 90K from only spamming pioneer coalitions. It's all over BG. They told us one thing, but didn't implement it that way. Spending imps on different coalitions would appear to matter not.
    (0)
    Last edited by Masamune11; 05-24-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    If your not a well geared DPS you can just level your cor, brd, whm in 1 day in abyssea. I would pick cor personally since it doesn't even take much gear to play, join shout groups for KIs, join farm groups buy weapon for whatever undergeared DPS job.

1. Level Cor in Abyssea
    2. Buy Hunters, Chaos, Fighters roll (Learn to roll close to 11)
    3. Join delve KI shouts
    4. Join delve farm shout
    5. Buy weapon for undergeared DPS job.
    As a COR main I really hate ideas like this. I've spent alot of time and money to play this job to its utmost and hate being replaced by dimestore COR's with 3 rolls and a stoertebeker.
    (6)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Player
    Im not being mean but this is the reason you see parties wipe out at events. I would never want a whm with no skills to be main healer in my party especially at big events. If I found out any member in my party leveled up to 99 in one day I would question if that person even knows how to play the job? A first glance at the gear you wear can only tell so much.

1.People that are not well geared need to spend the time and effort to get the proper equipment/ gear sets (Not just 1 or 2). Why should people even be thinking about obtaining end game items if they don't even have the basics down first?
    2. All players wanting to participate in end game events or any events for that matter should have skills capped. That's a given.
    3. Erase Abby from your mind and always bring food, medicine, warp scroll, reraise eaaring and never wait to depend on others to do it for you. How many times a WHM waisted 150mp and several seconds to raise you when that time and mp could have been well spent curing the tanker/DD and other members of the party? That type of risk is one good reason to put the entire party in danger.
    4. Think about the team and how you can do your best to contribute your part without bringing everyone down because you were not ready.
    5. Promote awesomeness, not gimpness

To be the best you need the best. Status of your accomplishments are highly noticeable when you bring it.
    (3)
    Last edited by Daemon; 05-24-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast