Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The MAB gear may not match a DD's output, but some of the new mobs can be more safely taken down by jobs like SMN. So the gear is still a big deal.
    (1)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I sure do hope so. But still, this doesn't encourage me to obtain this gear and utilize it as a stepping stone in order to obtain those better gear were hoping for or actually do anything with it.
    (3)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post

Also who wants to do skirmish now seriously. Outdating content 1 month after release, really? Before anyone could actually get 9800 shards for the ghasty stones +2? or figure out the system..
    that is the 1st stupid part, even for SE

Most DDs got a weapon at least 2x more damage.
    and that the 2nd stupid part
    ex lvl75 bravura dmg 99
    lvl99 dmg 158
    razorfury dmg 259

in one update weapon get as big boost as lvl75->99 !
    (2)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    I'm really upset that all the cool looking gears became statistically obsolete in this game in comparison against newer equipments. In my opinion, the new equipments are humiliating.

Da faq is this noise, Japan.
    (4)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This is why it's usually wise to wait an update or two before jumping right into all the new endgame. This is the kind of thing that tends to happen. Although I think they should have done RUN and GEO's AF1, AF2, AF3, LB gear/quest-lines and added merit points before adding more new endgame or even added more quests and missions.
    (5)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    That ^ actually would have made more sense in my opinion, and was what I expected.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    This is why it's usually wise to wait an update or two before jumping right into all the new endgame. This is the kind of thing that tends to happen. Although I think they should have done RUN and GEO's AF1, AF2, AF3, LB gear/quest-lines and added merit points before adding more new endgame or even added more quests and missions.
    Here's the kicker... Wait for it!!

Delve isn't end game.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader81 View Post

I don't even..
    OK, that's it. they just pissed all over my empyrean staff. I want REVENGE

Also who wants to do skirmish now seriously. Outdating content 1 month after release, really? Before anyone could actually get 9800 shards for the ghasty stones +2? or figure out the system..
    Well, they said you'd need skirmish gear to do Delve.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 05-02-2013 at 01:31 AM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklaser View Post
    It took a while to get the gear for, and do the old 40man WoW raids. No problem with waiting on the information, but the problem of the new weapons isn't so much for those that currently have R/M/E but those that are currently working on them.
    This is the boat I'm in. I started a relic a while before the expansion hit. I feel like I've been duped. I'm just lucky I didn't get very far though I've still poured a decent chunk of time and gil into something that's now essentially worthless.
    If only I'd known, but my knowing wouldn't have been in SE's best interests and those are the only interests they're concerned with. "Are we making money?" YES. "Is there some Pandemonium Warden style bad press going on?" NO. "Woo hoo! All's right with the world!"
    (3)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune11 View Post
    Alhanelem, there's a reason I merely referenced "Adoulin" content in the title and not all previous content. It's expected that older content should be surpassed. This was a mere month. The biggest issue i have is that all we have now with the expansion is Delve. There's little reason to do coalition tasks, earn Bayld, etc.

Go read this:

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    Delve and Content Level

We will be implementing Delve in the end of April version update.

This content will allow you to obtain equipment and enhance them without having to fully complete the content (e.g. defeating the boss), so there is a wide range in the content level (*) between the beginning and the boss.

Give it a shot, and if you feel it's kind of tough, defeat the Delve NMs, obtain the equipment you can get from points and then enhance them. Or try to get the rewards from Skirmish and the equipment that can be bought with Bayld.

Also, in regards to the content level for the Skirmish content which has already been implemented, it is on par with that of the new Salvage and Nyzul Isle Uncharted Investigation, as well as the equipment you can receive through Bayld.

If this also feels a bit too tough for you, try your best to obtain gear from the new Salvage content and through reives. Once you've procured equipment from these, it should feel much easier than when you began to do the new Salvage content.

This new content is being released in a state that has been adjusted for the top players, but we plan on making adjustments to this content for players challenging it afterwards once we implement newer end-game content.

Also, in regards to the content level, the development team is currently trying to zero in on the precision through trial and error, so I would like to continue to post explanations on this.

*Please read my post here for my explanation on content level and the level design for content of Seekers of Adoulin and beyond.
    Bayld gear was never required. It was something for people who don't do NNI, Salvage, or VW to boost their gear by mixing and matching with AF3+2.

BAYLD GEAR WAS IRRELEVANT WHEN IT WAS ADDED.

It is only a slight upgraded (and only in some slots, for certain jobs) from AF3+2 and was meant to allow people to look and say "Well, I can forgo getting COR AF3+2 pants or PUP AF3+2 feet because the bayld gear for that slot covers good bases for me.)

Coalition and Skirmish is filler/intro content -- 100% designed just to give non-hardcore players means to acquire gear suitable to start working towards the new end game content. That's why Skirmish weapons are comparable to RME and why they'll be adding upgrades to RME -- because they have to separate out the ultimate weapons and make it harder to acquire the top echelon so that it is less alienating for newer/less serious players to not have them. lv. 90 RME are easy, but after that it takes a good amount of work and/or money. Adding upgrades that require more effort to 99+ RME will make people a little less judgmental of folks who don't have them, I'd hope.

Campaign and Assault gear were more or less the exact same scenario -- it was just gear to give you something to work on before they added the real end game content. I imagine there's a lot more to the Delve system to be added, especially with regards to upgrading RMEs and how far the new gear will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    OK, that's it. they just pissed all over my empyrean staff. I want REVENGE

Well, they said you'd need skirmish gear to do Delve.
    They said that Skirmish/Coalition gear would help people who have difficulty in NNI/Salvage do the new content. It is Requirement-1 gear. VW/NNI/Salvage/RME is requirement, AF3/Skirmish/Coalition is the -1 version.

Speaking of which, I'd like to see some hard parses and calculations comparing lv. 99 RME to the Skirmish weapons. People went on their tirade about them, yet I haven't seen a single set of data suggesting they are actually 100% better/by how much they are in any given scenario. I'd say that difference will tell you how much of an upgrade RMEs will get.
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 05-02-2013 at 02:02 AM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast