Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Suggestion for RME 99 in line with recent updates

Allow RME 99 owners to throw their weapons at the enemy (consuming the item of course)

You should also probably give the ability a severe accuracy penalty
    (40)

Character
    Tsai
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Matsui said we have to wait for that feature??
    (8)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    No, see, he said dont throw them out yet, then he released this update. NOW its time to throw them out. Silly.
    (11)

Character
    Landsoul
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    (40)

Character
    Fondue
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    deactivating my account, rip ffxi

if u dont want ur subscripers to leaf adjust R/M/ephemery weapons be4 its to late
    (12)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I cannot begin to tell you how upset, frustrated and GREATLY concerned I am with this.

The amount of time, energy, gil spent in creating my Vereth99, and to see other weapons (H2H in addition to many of the newly added weapons) greatly over powering the so called "R/M/E"'s Square released... this is a BIG slap in the face!!!!

If it was not the intention of the development team to ensure that the R/M/E weapon line is kept at the top of the damage chain--then what was the purpose of releasing them and ensuring they continued to grow update after update via Magian Trials etc.

I understand it was stated by Matsui that they plan on implementing "something" so that the level 99 versions are kept at the top of the damage chain of weapons so that they do not inadvertantly go to waste... so please, tell me now that I am not going to have to wait 6 months, 9 months, 12 months or longer in order to realize what this vision is. Give me some plan of action that has been proposed so that I know I am not wasting money on a monthly basis now, since I have dedicated my time on a weapon line that apparently (at least for the time being) has become relatively obsolete.

I am actually happy that a new line of weapons with higher base dmg, that are augmentable, have been introduced--helps with those players that have not been able to work on a R/M/E or WoE version etc. However, please step up to the plate and ensure those players (loyal players that dedicated the time, energy and gil necessary) to raise an R/M/E weapon to 99, the due respect and recognition deserved by providing some immediate feedback on what is in the pipes to address this... I am feeling like its time to break away from FFXI after this... I'm sure SE can do without my subscription, cause hey' its only money.
    (10)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Actually, you trade them to a moogle to get those bouncy ball throwing weapon versions of the bonanza marbles.
    (2)

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Dear SE,
    I want an actual response to this, and when I mean an actual response I don't mean the typical we are planning this and planning that or we are looking into this, no I want an actual response to the following question. Why did you introduce weapons with base damage almost twice as much as level 99 RME weapons? It is a legitimate question and I want to know why you thought this was a good idea, not that I'm criticizing the inclusion of these weapons, I want to know why they were implemented.

Personally I will say that abyssea was the best thing to happen to this game in many aspects. First reason was that at our old rate characters would only gain minimal increases to capabilities at best per level. From 75-85 it began to feel like we were actually getting somewhere. Many would disagree with this due in fact to lack of challenge, however monster strength did go up considerably, however AI became an issue as most monsters became as lack luster as the players hitting them. Reaching a higher goal for the coming years is a great idea, however you are lacking in the resources department to make the true overhaul this game needs in order to balance it all out. So again the question comes up, why make these weapons now?

I really want to know from each member of the team why this was decided as a good move to make, because I can't understand it. The new armor is super lackluster in appearance but seems to be the best stats in the game for gear, not to mention the upgrade capabilities. These super weapons also from what I understand can also be upgraded to be even more awesome than that, so does that mean the upgrades will reduce base damage? Well if thats the thinking I can always just keep the super high base damage weapon and get those stats from other sources. Oh wait no I can't because I can't play the expansion. Yes I play the PS2 version that SE was so kind to exclude from the English market. Oh is that your play on this, trying to phase out PS2 by not supporting super weapons with the PS2 version, now that makes sense. Except the part were Japan still has it, and we all know Japan players are more important to the company.

At this point I think it is best to say that even though I like how the company has finally realized that it's old tactics were wrong, I think that it went the wrong way in handling the issues involved. By excluding small parts of the player base, and making difficult to obtain super weapons completely useless, you have brought the game down to a level of mundane that is unheard of. No, let me rephrase that, you have brought shame on the company and those whom have built it up. You have brought shame on all the past titles of Final Fantasy games that also incorporated ultimate weapons. You have brought shame on yourselves for letting this be implemented without realizing the reaction to this. It is now apparent that SE is no longer a company whose name is held with high regards, in fact when comparing the number of games it has produced the quality ones are obviously a fluke, a mistake, not as intended, and should never be mention with this company ever again. The president was right to step down because if this is what you call good work then I have no desire to remain with this company

In short this is my official resignation from spending a monthly subscription on this sub par, bug infested, no foreigners allowed club known as Final Fantasy XI.

P.S. I still want the response to the question, and be glad I never spoke my mind on what I think about this company and game.
    (10)

Character
    Momokiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I have Spharai and I would like to throw each knuckle separately if SE has the resources.
    (8)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    Actually, you trade them to a moogle to get those bouncy ball throwing weapon versions of the bonanza marbles.
    Sometimes you make comments that cause my sides to ache with laughter.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast