Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaplin View Post
    Finally someone who reads... SE has not been effected by disaster, they chose to turn the power off to conserve power to help the country. Also if you ever read the other post, People have been able to ping XI and XIV so that means the servers MUST be on.
    The server status has shown "Partial Maintenance" since the 14th when I first checked. I think that means they are "on" just not in full play mode.

*and I just checked again.. same status*
    (0)
    Last edited by Anela; 03-22-2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: update data
    "I refuse to be limited by conventional thinking."

Character
    Aymee
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    As has been said above, we have no reason to believe that SE itself or the physical location of the servers are subject to blackouts (the Tokyo wards proper have been left immune), but there is an overall power shortage yet. That is, demand is greater than supply... generally 0900 to 2200 on weekdays, thus they have the rolling blackouts to balance it out.

Reading releases from Tepco, their production capacity seems to go up a little more every day, so there's obvious progress, but good grief people... how soulless do you have to be to demand that power-munching dedicated MMO servers be kept running in the face of people needing home heating being forced to darkness and with a need to reduce power demand per serious nuclear reactor incidents?

Even when things turn back on, I'm personally going to feel a bit awkward playing until it's been established that all Tepco customers are back on the grid and no one is being cut off for any reason whatsoever.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aymee View Post
    As has been said above, we have no reason to believe that SE itself or the physical location of the servers are subject to blackouts (the Tokyo wards proper have been left immune), but there is an overall power shortage yet. That is, demand is greater than supply... generally 0900 to 2200 on weekdays, thus they have the rolling blackouts to balance it out.

Reading releases from Tepco, their production capacity seems to go up a little more every day, so there's obvious progress, but good grief people... how soulless do you have to be to demand that power-munching dedicated MMO servers be kept running in the face of people needing home heating being forced to darkness and with a need to reduce power demand per serious nuclear reactor incidents?

Even when things turn back on, I'm personally going to feel a bit awkward playing until it's been established that all Tepco customers are back on the grid and no one is being cut off for any reason whatsoever.
    I am demanding nothing, and would have no problem if the game was kept off-line if it is still needed. The needs of the Japanese people comes first right now.

I was just reporting what I found. It appears that the servers have been kept on, most likely in a form of low power hibernation, the whole time. This makes very good sense.

I for one, am just wondering when on March 22nd JST, they are going to update us on the situation. Almost 3pm there... *shrug*
    (0)

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I just remember when Japan was complaining about how the US hurt global economies when New York was bombed a week after the attack

not trying to shed empathy, just saying.

(0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

Character
    Sesono
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Hm, you should ask Toyota or Sony too which plan to start producing again by tomorrow - they are by far more power consuming.
    (0)
    Sesono in Vana'diel - http://sesono.blogspot.de/, San D'oria ~ Kristallkrieger LS ~ Asura Server

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesono View Post
    Hm, you should ask Toyota or Sony too which plan to start producing again by tomorrow - they are by far more power consuming.
    I saw that....
    I guess they are a higher priority? Since they are a large part of Japan's GNP. (And come to think of it, their being shut donw HAS caused suppiers world wide into a holding pattern...)
    (0)

Player

Network Management Catastrophy

I had my doubts about the new 22 date. I'm not surprised at all. I also have no doubt SE has caused more damage to the Final Fantasy online brand by these events and subsequent business decisions.

The entire shutdown of all worlds could have been averted with a little diversity and intelligence in network implementation.

Cost is a non issue, I pay the same as a Japanese player to play the game, but I get far less play time because all scheduled maintenance favors JST.

Furthermore, we North Americans, in fact already pay more for a lesser service, as our pings to any and all of these world servers are terrible at best.

SE is now a charitable organization and monthly fees should be a tax write off.

This forum is 3 years too late ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    Seriously, I've been playing for 7 years straight with a very small break once or twice and up to the point of servers going down I was as into it as I was 7 years ago. But now, after over a week, I'm beginning to grow used to not playing and sort of welcome the opportunity away from the game. Give me much longer and I may just not bother coming back when the servers do come up.
    Case in point. People are waking up from the FF fixation and are adventuring in the real world again. Many other will follow and leave Vana'diel child's play behind, I have no doubt at all.

The FFXI disclaimer has always made me laugh, SE says they never wanted us to neglect our family, our work, our, RL? I have never believe this. This is not really SE's business position, only rather required legal innuendo.

I feel another world merge coming on... Too bad, WoW (World of Warcraft) has never experienced any need thus far perform world merges, way to go Blizzard Entertainment?!?
    (0)
    ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)™
    '...trapped in the visible wavelength'™

Player
    Anger is one of the steps/symptoms of withdrawal from and addiction......>.>
    (0)

Character
    Deeedo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That would just be retarded if those guys decide to ramp up their plants and SE still have server off line. If that was the case and SE took the net profits from subscription fees to help with with relief efforts their 100 yen megwatt/hour would be more efficient than those company.
    (0)

Character
    Sesono
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anela View Post
    Anger is one of the steps/symptoms of withdrawal from and addiction......>.>
    lol that one made me laugh

I admit, im addicted... but not angry at all. I just would love to play again. Live goes on...
    I think the main reason i want to "play" are my friends, people i used to talk with almost every day... i miss them
    (0)
    Sesono in Vana'diel - http://sesono.blogspot.de/, San D'oria ~ Kristallkrieger LS ~ Asura Server

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast