Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Georgis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Monstrosity information?

SE's been mostly quiet about it and it's been bugging me big time. The idea of playing as a monster appeals to me greatly (I can't possibly be the only one, right?) so I'd love to know when is it coming out/how it's going to be implemented/etc. Anyone have any info at all?
    (1)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I think I heard later this summer, but not 100% sure.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Georgis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Oh. I hope this holds true. I really, really do.
    (0)

It'll probably be introduced once FFXIV ARR goes live to try to keep everyone from moving over.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'd rather have monstrosity than Delve, which I'll probably be lucky to ever participate in not playing the current flavor of the month jobs.
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'd rather have monstrosity than Delve, which I'll probably be lucky to ever participate in not playing the current flavor of the month jobs.
    Unless they designed monstrosity to be more complex than Delve and Skirmish combined....and you have to go through multiple hoops and gathering ridiculous amount of items and multiple quests just to get it started. Seriously, this team is one of the worst... They could just create something very simple to start and join such as Voidwatch and Meeble, and let you keep doing it over and over to get better at it. But nooooooo, they really want to stall your progress hard, so you can't even try it if you want to. Just save yourself from disappointment and come back next year, maybe they will adjust a lot of things to make it somewhat more simpler and accessible.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm expecting Pankration 2.0 -- I'll likely leave my subscription up until I deem FFXI completely unplayable for me, but for now I'm definitely spending less time on it... And that makes me sad.
    (1)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    I'm expecting Pankration 2.0 -- I'll likely leave my subscription up until I deem FFXI completely unplayable for me, but for now I'm definitely spending less time on it... And that makes me sad.
    You are probably right. Though it would be very surprising. If WoW can cloned Pokemon and made their own version, a good one too - SE should be able to clone Pokemon and give it FFXI twist. I mean SE do have experience with Dragon Quests Monster game. But we are talking FFXI team, they are not exactly known for their mastery of game design. If it is not overtly complicated - they won't do it, it has to be super complicated and make your head spin (and turn off pretty much every casual subscribers) then they will see it as success. If only 5% of their player base try it, then it's a huge success because the "dangle the carrot and stall their progress" strategy is working. Just cancel your subs, come back in 5-8 months time, you should have plenty of contents to consume and never have to deal with the annoyance to get there.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's not pankration... you actually play as the monster, you don't sit on the sideline and watch something else.
    (0)

Character
    Georgis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I probably shouldn't have bumped this, but any new info yet? I haven't seen nothing new on the 'net.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast