Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    honestly, I haven't been that impressed by the "boosted" drops due to building TH8+ anyways, it really doesn't seem that profound.
    It's hard to eyeball a 0.08% increase in drops.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    It's hard to eyeball a 0.08% increase in drops.
    Its sad because thats about how i feel when i put TH on a mob... =.=

Especially getting say, Blue "!!" and TH8-9+ on a mob, for 4 fights, and not getting the blue drop until the fifth Kill, when my highest TH stuck was 6. (Base)
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Its sad because thats about how i feel when i put TH on a mob... =.=

Especially getting say, Blue "!!" and TH8-9+ on a mob, for 4 fights, and not getting the blue drop until the fifth Kill, when my highest TH stuck was 6. (Base)
    1/8 on Rani for ring.
    1/5 on Panksdfhjtlf (Zelus Tiara NM)

I DO however really notice the drop rate increase A LOT when farming for NM pops (thinks like dented skulls, soulflayer stiffies, etc.) I prefer to farm NMs for key items on my ninja for obvious reasons, but getting the drops to pop those NMs is like 1:20 where thief it's more like 5/7. So there definitely is some sort of noticeable increase.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    1/8 on Rani for ring.
    1/5 on Panksdfhjtlf (Zelus Tiara NM)

I DO however really notice the drop rate increase A LOT when farming for NM pops (thinks like dented skulls, soulflayer stiffies, etc.) I prefer to farm NMs for key items on my ninja for obvious reasons, but getting the drops to pop those NMs is like 1:20 where thief it's more like 5/7. So there definitely is some sort of noticeable increase.
    My Ls is 7/7 for epona's ring

Are you getting blue !!?
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    My Ls is 7/7 for epona's ring

Are you getting blue !!?
    Every time. TH, level 8 or higher too. I was 0/4 then my buddies vowed to not leave until we got me my ring, we ended up farming 4 more pops.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    That's a bit harsh Karby. Some people are just superstitious, doesn't mean they're not fun to hang around with. My LS is full of people who don't play perfectly because of some wrong beliefs or misinformation. We still let our THF break the Dynamis glass, which admittedly is more a tradition than an actual belief by now, but still. If they're fun to be around, why leave?

Also, superstitions don't make them bad (or stupid) players. Some things may not make sense, but are still hard to test even with TH messages, for example if mainhanding TK increases TH upgrade chance or something like that. Also, to my knowledge, it hasn't been tested yet whether or not TH upgrades are enhanced by the currently equipped level of TH, no matter how unlikely it is. So technically there could be a very good reason to fulltime TH.

I still don't believe in directional synthing, and I think that's one of the biggest superstitions in the game (and this one is nearly impossible to test even in over a 100 synths, which is why I really hope SE will shed some light on it sometime). Still I wouldn't call anyone who does it stupid, in fact some of the smartest people I know buy into that. Just the way some people play.
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    [...]
    I still don't believe in directional synthing, and I think that's one of the biggest superstitions in the game (and this one is nearly impossible to test even in over a 100 synths, which is why I really hope SE will shed some light on it sometime). Still I wouldn't call anyone who does it stupid, in fact some of the smartest people I know buy into that. Just the way some people play.
    They did, they flat out said Moon Phase, day, and direction have no affect on synthing.
    People see what they want to see and ignore what doesn't fit in their paradigm. Every time you check after getting a HQ and it matches your beliefs you strengthen those beliefs, any time it doesn't, THAT'S the anomaly... Human nature.
    (0)
    If you don't understand why Haste is so important, or if you don't think it is:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/1847-Haste-and-You...-A-guide-to-the-misinformed.

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
    Or you could hit the mob with your TH gear on and switch into DD mode.

Once TH has been established, my TK swaps out and my Triplus comes in.

yep i do this too obviously when fighting nms and stuff but when im just farming like in ssg or oz or something.. its just way too much effort for me to keep switching back and forth when the mobs die in1- 2 ws now :x so a higher damage thf knife would be great to have in those situations
    (0)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    They did, they flat out said Moon Phase, day, and direction have no affect on synthing.
    Oh? I must have missed that. When did they say it?

Anyway, my point is it's not necessarily a bad thing, if people wanna believe in this stuff, let them.
    (0)

Character
    Kraatos
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesh View Post
    Or you could hit the mob with your TH gear on and switch into DD mode.

Once TH has been established, my TK swaps out and my Triplus comes in.
    acctaully i have found out that u dont have to proc TH with the gear equiped, on occasion i have jus equiped all my TH gear , Knife/Hands,Feet and took it back off cause of ws or something before proc. and it would still proc 7/8 depending on if im using atma of dread or not
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast