Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeoni View Post
    ^This
    Problem solved.

Even if the trials did exist what would be the point, no one would do them unless it gave TH+2 or something. You can switch the weapon out after you've hit the mob with it once, same goes for the rest of your Treasure hunter gear.
    The problem is that said trick only works on fights where you don't have to fight several mobs in a row in a short period of time. It doesn't work so well in any situation where you farm multiple trash mobs for drops.
    (0)

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofgeeks View Post
    knowing me, i'll just keep my TH gear on at all times... just to be safe
    Same here, if i`m in a party to enhance drops I keep all my TH+ gear on all the time (either by lazyness or to avoid getting an early kill before i macro the gear back on).
    (0)
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    They need to add more TH+ to TK somehow. I don't care if it's trials or synergy.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeoni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    The problem is that said trick only works on fights where you don't have to fight several mobs in a row in a short period of time. It doesn't work so well in any situation where you farm multiple trash mobs for drops.
    True that.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    and nobody know if th gear have an effect on TH+ proc rate
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    As much as I would love to switch out my Thief's Knife and put on my Triplus Dagger after getting the initial hit in......my LS has specifically said "keep the TH gear on full-time."

/sigh
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    it's NEVER going away, unless two more other Knives are born with Treasure Hunter on em that have superior stats

That would screw over Mandau/Twastar/Vajra owners.
    (0)

honestly, I haven't been that impressed by the "boosted" drops due to building TH8+ anyways, it really doesn't seem that profound. I off-hand TK full-time while farming just in case, but I'm really not seeing it. Might as well ask for an upgrade to Bartholemew's Knife(?) to make Despoil, Steal and Aura Steal proc more, forgive me if I don't hold my breath.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Siviard View Post
    As much as I would love to switch out my Thief's Knife and put on my Triplus Dagger after getting the initial hit in......my LS has specifically said "keep the TH gear on full-time."

/sigh
    I'd drop that Linkshell like its hot :\

In the day and age where there is a visible record of the Level of Treasure Hunter, Anyone stupid enough to think you still need to Full-time TH Gear doesn't deserve to lead a linkshell.

You should start looking for one who has a leader with an IQ above your average preschooler, but then again, Thats an Insult to Preschoolers, cause even preschoolers can count to 10, And I'm sure they would have the intelligence to see if you hit a mob, and the next number (Via Upgrade) is 7, that they could deduce that 6 was what came before it! Your leader seems to not be able too.

Maybe he should retake Preschool/Kindergarten Math ?

Then again I've always hated vehemently superstitious idiots that try to tell me how i should play my job (Namely, THF) When I'm the one whos been on it for 6+ Years. I think i know how to play it better than them.

(And Yes, I have left a shell because the leader tried to force me to not only full-time THFs knife, But main-hand it as well >.>)
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    That would screw over Mandau/Twastar/Vajra owners.
    I mean "superior" as in 'superior to the Thief Knife', not as in "Pinnacle Weapons".

Hope that makes sense now.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast