Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by cyric View Post
    From the time servers went up until now, no I haven't. A lot of people were saying the same thing in chat rooms. It seems to get stuck alot on downloading the text patch of the update; if it gets to that point.
    For anyone having this particular issue who doesn't want to download the patch directly from elsewhere: I recommend turning off all thingies that aren't the vanilla POL thingy until you've successfully updated. After downloading the update, most thingies will work fine.

Except the teacup thingy, but that's always been a thingy to use at one's own peril anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post
    Yes, all of us Americans are lazy and unemployed. Oh, and SE is racist.
    I believe you.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Character
    Payadopa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 76
    I give up now. @.@
    (0)

Player
    Got my download to work around 11:30 PM EST last night. I know FF11 might not make that much money but I would think it make enough so SE could upgrade their server's capabilities from time to time.
    (0)

may not necessarily be an issue with SE's servers. There could be an ISP/infrastructure issue as well. Some regions are prone to throttling or otherwise have issues with high loads. My downloads from the Asian regions can range from 1 Mbps to 6Mbps depending on the time of day....from the same servers. Likewise, sometimes I get updates from SE over 2Mbps, sometimes it's 200kbps.

Just saying...there's a lot at play here, and ramping up their network/servers may not necessarily fix the issue. And before someone pulls out Redmond or something like that....this is a company based in a region that is known to have some issues with high load international traffic.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Probably a PoL thing anyway, and nothing to do with SE.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4