Character
    Aymie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Enmity on 100+ level monsters

While I was attempting to skill up my whm's club skill in the boyahda tree with a beastmaster, the viceclaws would switch targets randomly. I didn't test on anything else, maybe it's just the viceclaws. The bst was hitting for 100+ consistently with +19 enmity on gear and I was mostly missing and hitting for 9 with -5 enmity. With this setup I was pulling hate every couple seconds. Is this how the new enmity system is supposed to work?
    (0)

I'd hazard a guess it's something bound to the rate of enmity decay when getting hit. Part of what pet jobs seem to be wrangling with atm.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

FFXI more info needed:

Thank you very much for posting your concerns about bomb animations functioning incorrectly. In order to best assist you with this issue we will be needing some additional information. While some of this information may seem irrelevant, it is best to have as much information as possible in these cases. Once this is filled out we will submit this for review for you.

Platform:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    World:
    Main Job:
    Support Job:
    Area and Coordinates:
    Party or Solo:
    NPC Name:
    Monster Name:
    Steps:
    <*Add more steps if necessary.>
    (0)

Player
    You can't hold hate worth a damn on anything lvl100+ on damage alone. It's part of the emnity adjustments made during the last update to try and put some sanity to the hate mechanics on group content.
    (1)