Regarding Pulse Cells in VW

Hello everyone, I will try to be as concise as possible.

Various VWNMs are not as popular anymore. Mainly because people have either got what they wanted, or the NM does not drop any heavy metal plates/pouches, Riftdross. Would it be possible for the Dev team to look into adjusting VW so that Pulse Cells from other VWNMs can drop in higher tier NMs? That way, next time you join a Qilin, or Ig-Alima run, you might get lucky with a Pulse cell item, from Celaeno, Hahava, or Voidwrought. Even if most people do not coincide with this idea, Most of us agree to some extent that drop rates in VW should be adjusted. Apologies if a similar thread already exists. Thank you for your time!
    (26)

Player
    Agreed 100%, I still have yet to get my Ephemeron after doing a ton of Aello, I would buy it if I had a chance yet I can not even do that because cells are not on the AH, no one does Aello unless they want the sword, and then they would never pulse it.
    (4)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deede View Post
    Hello everyone, I will try to be as concise as possible.

Various VWNMs are not as popular anymore. Mainly because people have either got what they wanted, or the NM does not drop any heavy metal plates/pouches, Riftdross. Would it be possible for the Dev team to look into adjusting VW so that Pulse Cells from other VWNMs can drop in higher tier NMs? That way, next time you join a Qilin, or Ig-Alima run, you might get lucky with a Pulse cell item, from Celaeno, Hahava, or Voidwrought. Even if most people do not coincide with this idea, Most of us agree to some extent that drop rates in VW should be adjusted. Apologies if a similar thread already exists. Thank you for your time!
    I like the idea.

That said I think it shouldn't be the pulse cells that get added to other VW monsters. Heavy Metal Plates at the very least should get added to all VW that drop R/E armor that has cells. Maybe even a few others but I think that covers all of the now "not so popular" VW. This would definitely encourage older players who're still after 99ing their Emps to help newer players or players who haven't gotten the R/E gear.
    (8)
    Last edited by Zagen; 04-28-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Good idea! Probably one of the best first posts i've ever read
    (2)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Could also do something like lower the pulse cell requirement to make an item down to 2 or 3, and to offset that require the NQ AHable piece of armor along with the cells. Would stimulate the crafting economy while making the pulse armors more accessible to a wider range of people.

For weapons it'd have to be a random, highish tier crafted weapon since pulse weapons have no crafted version. Alternatively, could let us "charge" the NQ weapons/armors with 2 or so pulse cells instead of requiring all 5 to make a full pulse piece, idk.
    (2)
    Last edited by Prothscar; 04-29-2013 at 05:33 PM.

No. Sounds like alot of work on the Dev's end. They should just increase drop rate on vw items in general. A few areas of content need to have their drop rate adjusted due to lack of participation.
    (1)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    No. Sounds like alot of work on the Dev's end. They should just increase drop rate on vw items in general. A few areas of content need to have their drop rate adjusted due to lack of participation.
    Unless they programmed drop tables horribly (I doubt it since changes to drops have been made in the past) adding an item to a drop table would take just as long as updating the drop rates of items already on a given drop table.
    (1)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This isn't a bad idea by itself, but I think it would kill lower level VW fights even more. I got 2 of my T3 Jeuno wins because of people doing those fights. If pulse items could drop from all higher tier fights, why would anybody do the lower ones at all?
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    And now because of the sheer irrelevance of the gear it might as well be 100% drop.
    (2)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    And now because of the sheer irrelevance of the gear it might as well be 100% drop.
    That would make too much sense... I said the same thing about Abyssea and this seal system... Increase drop rates and drop numbers of abyssea mobs. 3 hours of work for 2 COR body seals was ridiculous and I'm fucking tired of Abyssea.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    This isn't a bad idea by itself, but I think it would kill lower level VW fights even more. I got 2 of my T3 Jeuno wins because of people doing those fights. If pulse items could drop from all higher tier fights, why would anybody do the lower ones at all?
    This is a problem that exists in every area -- it is one I'm suffering in trying to gear jobs via abyssea as well.

The problem is SE refuses to adjust events based on their popularity and the emergence of new events. They want everyone to switch over to SoA, yet they are flipping off people who decided to come back for the expansion but left before lv. 99 cap/VW/Meebles were added. Shouting for 3 hours to build a party, then to have to spend 6 for gear which is barely good enough to get you started on the new content is offensive. And while Reives aren't hard and you can be undergeared/skilled in them, they get really freaking boring just running around in circles. So your choices are farm tags (Which you have to wait between sets for recharge, since you cap at 15 for some stupid reason) or grind it out in zone... Which, between the lag and the obnoxiousness of people just rushing down the roots/lair point, is dreary and boring.
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-30-2013 at 10:52 PM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.