Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I'm not going to flame you, you have some very valid points. That being said, my money is on us NEVER having Relic, magian or Empy, all our JSE type stuff will be tied to Delve or whatnot and we'll be told how much we all like that, much like dancer and how none wanted to use a Mandau anyway and the like.

FYI, SE couldn't be more wrong in their opinions there, but they are holding to the party line of "we gave you mythic and Empy, that's good enough, STFU and like it". Of course rune they did NOT give us relic, mythic or empy, but again, "...STFU and like it".

Anyone remember the announcement of a 2nd tier of merit-type abilities at 99? yeah, it's like that...
    I don't see out JSE coming from Skirmish, delve, etc. as by the time you could do that content, AF and AF2 will be outdated, and Emp with be a peace here or there, for this or that. As for weapons, I gave up on RUN getting Relic or Emp. I'm expecting a Mythic and Mythic WS to be added in the near future, if not it'd be unfair to RUN and GEO, unbalanced.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I'm not going to flame you, you have some very valid points. That being said, my money is on us NEVER having Relic, magian or Empy, all our JSE type stuff will be tied to Delve or whatnot and we'll be told how much we all like that, much like dancer and how none wanted to use a Mandau anyway and the like.
    They are giving RUN and GEO 3 sets of gear like every other job, they are giving them Mythics like every other job, these things are designed for the job itself, not any other job, thats why. Their reasoning for why they will not add newer jobs to older weapons in the case of Mandau and such is because the weapon was designed for the jobs it was originally put on, and if they added more they would probably have to redesign some of them, which would upset the players who own them already.

FYI, SE couldn't be more wrong in their opinions there, but they are holding to the party line of "we gave you mythic and Empy, that's good enough, STFU and like it". Of course rune they did NOT give us relic, mythic or empy, but again, "...STFU and like it".
    They will be giving them both Mythic as I explained above, and will not get Relic or Emp for a reason explained above as well. In either case, for now RUN has access to the best of the GS, the one from Skirmish, and I know almost nothing about GEO, so I can not say, but I do not think they really need Relic or Emp to stand on their own, Mythic will be their super weapon later, and for now, they have the Skirmish weapons to use.

As for JSE coming from Delve or Skirmish or something like that, thats like saying SE put BLU, PUP, and DNC JSE in Assault, Salvage, and Einherjar. Just because the country has events and is high level does not mean that they will put the JSE in its high level events. In all honesty I wonder how they will do AF seeing as having to run around in Adoulin would be worse than the Weapon Quest on BLU, running to all Staging Points. Relic will come from Dynamis, why wouldn't it? 5 other jobs had their gear added there, I highly doubt SE is just going to change it, besides, why make it more work for them? They have everything set up for Dynamis already, all they have to do is add the drops and the gear and they are set, everything for +1 is there, same with +2, lots of work already done. Emp gear is no different, add new types of seals, maybe a new type of +2 or put them on the same one as another set of jobs, if new ones then put them on mobs with no seals/+2, tada!
    (3)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 04-29-2013 at 08:00 AM.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Where is it stated that they will get AF/AF2/Emp armor instead of "equivalents"? If their wording isn't "equivalent", it'd be safe to assume AF2 will come from Dynamis and Emp will come from Abyssea. I'd like to see some graphics of these two sets...
    (0)
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Did I miss something or did everyone else who posts these things? SE already stated no relics or empys for new jobs. Not even gonna readjust the current ones to be equipped for new jobs. However they will make mythics for them. If they stated anything to the contrary can someone please link it so I can read, but I'm almost positive I haven't missed a dev post regarding this issue.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Where is it stated that they will get AF/AF2/Emp armor instead of "equivalents"? If their wording isn't "equivalent", it'd be safe to assume AF2 will come from Dynamis and Emp will come from Abyssea.
    "GE- How will the new jobs play into current relic, mythic and empyrean weapons? Is it safe to assume that they’ll have relic and empyrean armor as well?

SE- Rune fencers and geomancers will have Artifact equipment, Artifact weapons, Relic Equipment, Empyrean equipment, and Mythic weapons."

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    I'd like to see some graphics of these two sets...
    Artifact armor is what we've seen mainly displayed is a given. If you go to the jobs section of the Seekers of Adoulin page and scroll down to "Equipment Designs by Kazushi Hagiwara". The art there while not confirmed is most likely the relic armor sets. As it always has been changing the color of the artifact armor and sometimes making it look a bit more ornate in design.

I tried looking for the pictures/video they showed of armor for Rune Fencer and Geomancer. It was just art during a Japanese video, also showing the Wildskeeper Reive equipment on posterboards. While it's pure conjecture, the Geomancer set looked very similar to Geomancer from FFIII. Which brought myself and others to the conclusion that it's a likely contender for what Empyrean armor will look like. If someone can find it, you can see what I'm describing.
    (1)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay104 View Post
    Did I miss something or did everyone else who posts these things? SE already stated no relics or empys for new jobs. Not even gonna readjust the current ones to be equipped for new jobs. However they will make mythics for them. If they stated anything to the contrary can someone please link it so I can read, but I'm almost positive I haven't missed a dev post regarding this issue.
    You missed something, I'm talking about armor, not relic or emp weapons.
    (0)
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    "GE- How will the new jobs play into current relic, mythic and empyrean weapons? Is it safe to assume that they’ll have relic and empyrean armor as well?

SE- Rune fencers and geomancers will have Artifact equipment, Artifact weapons, Relic Equipment, Empyrean equipment, and Mythic weapons."

Artifact armor is what we've seen mainly displayed is a given. If you go to the jobs section of the Seekers of Adoulin page and scroll down to "Equipment Designs by Kazushi Hagiwara". The art there while not confirmed is most likely the relic armor sets. As it always has been changing the color of the artifact armor and sometimes making it look a bit more ornate in design.

I tried looking for the pictures/video they showed of armor for Rune Fencer and Geomancer. It was just art during a Japanese video, also showing the Wildskeeper Reive equipment on posterboards. While it's pure conjecture, the Geomancer set looked very similar to Geomancer from FFIII. Which brought myself and others to the conclusion that it's a likely contender for what Empyrean armor will look like. If someone can find it, you can see what I'm describing.
    Thanks for the source on that.

And yeah, I've seen the art and the concept drawings for AF2 and Emp, I was wanting to see in-game models, tho. There are also small details changed from AF to AF2, for one AF2 has lacing on the knees, AF doesn't. On the female it looks red-orange, on the male it looks brownish. GEO AF2 looks great, and Emp even better.
    (1)
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i think it was aht urgan jobs that had blank af in the dats at first but no stats or way to obtain them for a good while. am i crazy in remembering this? but he's right af and ect always come out later after they see how players play them and what kind of bonuses they need to add
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    i think it was aht urgan jobs that had blank af in the dats at first but no stats or way to obtain them for a good while. am i crazy in remembering this? but he's right af and ect always come out later after they see how players play them and what kind of bonuses they need to add
    You're not, but even I'm a little annoyed that there's no AF -- even after dealing with ToAU and BLU/PUP af.

I feel like GEO and RUN are in a much worse climate and situation than the ToAU jobs were -- the community is much more set in its ways and it already beginning to develop that tried and true "lol" opinion of them. After that sets it, even after they make the necessary changes, the jobs will still not be able to escape it unless they are ridiculously over powered. Look at PUP, which can keep up with MNK when properly geared. It still gets no respect even this far down the line.

Thanks for the source on that. And yeah, I've seen the art and the concept drawings for AF2 and Emp, I was wanting to see in-game models, tho. There are also small details changed from AF to AF2, for one AF2 has lacing on the knees, AF doesn't. On the female it looks red-orange, on the male it looks brownish. GEO AF2 looks great, and Emp even better."]Thanks for the source on that. And yeah, I've seen the art and the concept drawings for AF2 and Emp, I was wanting to see in-game models, tho. There are also small details changed from AF to AF2, for one AF2 has lacing on the knees, AF doesn't. On the female it looks red-orange, on the male it looks brownish. GEO AF2 looks great, and Emp even better.
    I'm hoping GEO AF3 is the FF3 GEO gear we've seen.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well the updates here, hope it answered most of your questions. If it does not, then just come back in 2 months when they do another update, or 5 months - when they probably add more stuffs to Geo and Rune. Hopefully at the very latest - by end of the year or early next year, there should be a hosts of improvements for the jobs. If you can't wait that long, well FF14 is about to be launched in end of Summer. Or you can play other games and save your money, go see a movie or two
    (1)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast