Character
    Ribaud
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 75

Returning Player with some questions.

Hello! I am back after taking a 3yr break or so. My ingame name is Ribaud and I am on the Siren server. I quit the game right before Abyssea came out and all the new level caps started to roll out. I have a 75RDM, 73PLD and a 75RNG. I do not have Abyssea yet or Seekers but I will be picking it up soon.

My question is, what are the most useful jobs nowadays? Any of the jobs I have? I have also been interested in leveling my THF (15), BRD (never played but have it unlocked) and SAM for the most part. But what other jobs are useful and fun? I did a /sea all before for the jobs I have now and there were like 7 RNG's, 40 RDM's, and 34 PLD's. THF out of curiosity I searched too and there were 100. o.O

And money wise. I am kind of broke because I gave away almost all my gil before I quit. How can I get some money quick?

Thanks in advance
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The great thing is xp has been doubled in zones outside abyssea and a good abyssea xp party can bring in 80k+ xp an hour, once you've been there long enough. So leveling that thf will be no problem.

As for your jobs, I'm nobody to judge so I'll let you find out what works and doesn't. your rdm should be a solid for xp abyssea party, and an easy first to 95. Unfortunitly, pld is going to take some work to get invities for endgame without an Aegis/Ochain (see below dynamis), were as rdm might get a support slot. Rdm isn't the king is used to be, but its still boss so SE continues to be overlooked on updates.

Gil?
    Abyssea, Dynamis, Voidwatch, tradtional farming, crafting, and fishing.

Lets talk about dynamis more, it's a flat 50k entry for a lifetime now. You can also buy the zone maps, 10k each, very ubber, read the wikia. You'll find theres an "proc" system in effect now for dynamis, as well as it being applied in similiar format to other areas like abyssea nm and vw.

Try to farm the dynamis cities for currency (except Jueno, unless in larger numbers), or find a good abyssea drop or key item that sells well.

GL and WB ^^
    (2)
    Last edited by Concerned4FFxi; 04-26-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Pld inside of Abyssea isn't wanted much but outside in endgame they are wanted in almost everything. Rngs it depends on the group or what you're doing. There have been a lot of times in aby or void watch where it's been archery or marksmanship and there is no rng around. Hate it when doing a vw and marksmanship is a really needs to be proced and all your group has is a cor. Thf and sams are everywhere, not so much Rdms as they have lost their nitch. Rdms still can solo a lot of things which is I guess is becoming their nitch? Brd is another job that has been getting a lot of attention lately.
    (1)

Character
    Ribaud
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 75
    Thanks for the responses and its good to be back! Only problem is that I don't have Abyssea nor Seekers yet so I found myself last night having a hard time on what to do, which resulted in me just running around till I logged off lol. I may stick to RNG since it was my favorite job out of the ones I have. PLD is only 73, so I never got the chance to tank anything in endgame. THF I may pick up and lvl, we'll see. Too many jobs to choose from! XD. But if I go RNG, looks like I have to do a limit break. I have 6 kindred seals and only 1 merit point unspent. So where do I go if xp parties don't exist anymore?
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Check this link, it has every informations that you may need:

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Oh they exist but not how traditional ones did. If you have an npc you can play with the birds just outside of Tavy if you don't want to sync down. Cant remember what they con to a 75. Or go to the Oubliette and join a leach page down in the basement; no syncing required. Hold on to any crests you get.
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yep. Remember that thanks to GoV, if it isn't Abyssea exp alliance, it's gonna be dungeon alliance exp instead- which is Gusgen-Crawlers-Oubliette. As the Abyssea stuff frequently means sitting on your butt leeching, I'd point at the GoV stuff as being more fun in terms of actually DOING something.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    Yep. As the Abyssea stuff frequently means sitting on your butt leeching, I'd point at the GoV stuff as being more fun in terms of actually DOING something.
    GoV is pretty much put yourself on follow, hope that person won't change gears otherwise you will get stuck in the middle or some corner. Most people just go afk in middle section of Crawler Nest anyway.... What is interesting is, no one ever do Boyahda Tree, Kuftal Tunnel, and Gustav Tunnel party. You can make a good solid 6 people or 12 people if you want faster kill. And the best thing of all, you will skill up at a very good rate over there and easily stay in that one dungeon to 75-80s, you don't even have to deal with the new level 100 mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Wait your GoV parties don't kick afkers!? On shiva we do that all the time. Heck we break up alliances if a party lead gets dumped onto an afker. But yeah if you're in an oubliette party and have to afk for a short time and put yourself on follow please let the group know as some of the mobs spawn near ghosts and it would suck to come back to find your self dead because the person you were following changed gear and you went running into the ghosts
    (0)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah, on Ragnarok the JP alliances will gleefully launch you into bad places out of exp range if you're being an AFK leecher and just following without doing anything.

If you gotta bio break/AFK briefly, say something and don't be surprised at where you are if you're gone for too long.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.