Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Fell Cleaves...

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I'm really not sure how the things that have been discussed in this thread are not in any way relevant to the topic. All this talk about what activity is or may be illegitimate and how it is being determined is completely relevant to the topic, which is about fell cleave parties and how/if "legitimate" fell cleave parties can continue doing what they're doing without fear of bans.
    Because I never asked if FCs were ethical, I never asked if we should be allowed to do them. I asked if we will be punished for doing them if we are not RMTs. FCs being ok is a never ending argument where people say old leveling was better and you learned your jobs while the other side says you learn your jobs better at the end and leveling up was nothing but a slow painful grind. Its an argument that has been had on this forum a hundred times, my thread is not the place to be the 101st. Blinkers are done and gone, money can no longer be made so easily, inflation from them is going away bit by bit. People buying gil for my cleave is not my concern, it is not something I should be punished for, how am I supposed to know every person who buys gil? Its not as though I know every person who I would have paying me and would know exactly how they make their gil, for all I know half the people in my LS buy gil, its impossible to tell. The same thing goes for shouts, I have met some cool people with random ass names, I have friends who made mules lately with random names, my friends character he made 3 years ago is named Cemine, a random name, so why judge every randomly named person as a RMT? I cant, I cant be sure they are, so I don't, and if I join their FC and it is a RMT I am punished? No, wrong, should not happen that way.

See, if they are wanting to take FCs away from us because they do not want us doing it, say it, do not put RMTs as the cause. By saying its RMTs and yet punishing all players they are lying to us, I am asking for clarification on this matter because I will not be lied to and banned from a game for something that was a miscommunication.

There's nothing nonsensical about what I'm saying in my posts, but that's a separate issue altogether, and in the best interest of stability, i will not press further.
    Nonsensical in the fact you think its on topic talking about if FCing is good or bad, about blinkers, or about people buying gil to join them, none of which are the topic of this thread.

Can you prove that any legitimate players have actually been "caught in the crossfire" and banned in relation to this issue?
    No, I can not, and I am not willing to go out and test if they will be, which is exactly why I asked here. Why would I be stupid enough to go out and try FCing something without getting a clear answer on if I will be banned for it or not when I suspect I could be mislead by one of the two sources which contradict one another from the same company?

This thread is about if legitimate players will be punished for FC parties, nothing more, nothing less, talking about FC Ethics, Blinkers, and Gil buying to join said parties, is not on topic, it is dancing around the topic, those are about FCs, not about real players being punished for false crimes.
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This FC activities has been going on for almost 2 years now no? Seems more rampart nowadays because RMT has joined the fray. Usually it does not last 24 hours but only a good 6-10 hours at most which can be done with two people who dual box and taking turn every 3-5 hours. Most of us play this game on a long 2 hours stretch minimum, 4 hours play in worm party abyssea seems normal. Sound like the wording on that official statement is geared toward those RMT and players who participate on that. I am not sure if they are going to start banning those normal players who advertise this service, or those who are offering their key item pop set, a spot on Legion for gear drops, or Shinryu battle etc...
    (1)

Player
    So, been a long time since I saw a FC party going, saw some shouts but they all seem to vanish, are legitimate players being banned for FCs? Can we be told what not to do in greater detail so we understand the rules? Will normal legitimate players be considered RMTs simply because we shout for a service to make gil, or will we be free to do so as long as we can not be traced to RMT activity?
    (1)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    So, been a long time since I saw a FC party going, saw some shouts but they all seem to vanish, are legitimate players being banned for FCs? Can we be told what not to do in greater detail so we understand the rules? Will normal legitimate players be considered RMTs simply because we shout for a service to make gil, or will we be free to do so as long as we can not be traced to RMT activity?
    I did notice a lack of FC shouts but I did join one just the other day. I think they are only targeting RMT, you don't see them shouting anymore.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Galieon View Post
    No sir. That is ONLY if the mob is not 100%. Otherwise, you are the one compromising a player's xp, when there would clearly be other mobs on the field you could choose from (in most instances, not every mob can be pulled). 1-2 mobs off the group isn't the problem. The main issue is where player will do an aoe onto the mobs you pull. I personally wouldnt care if you pulled 1-2 mobs off the group. Kill the whole thing and ruin the party as a whole, you're getting reported for grievances.
    lol ive asked a gm as long as i make a honest attempt to kill /claim it they wont do anything ive even took the nm cluster from a group when the whm poped it and lost claim the gm came and did nothing cause if its not red its free for all. if what u was saying is true to the extent that u claim then, i should of been banned many times over for taking nms people give up claim too to kill a add they get. i dont mess with slept mobs but u drop claim for a second im gonna take it thats just the way it goes done it many of times NEVER been banned.
    (0)
    Last edited by zataz; 06-10-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by zataz View Post
    lol ive asked a gm as long as i make a honest attempt to kill /claim it they wont do anything ive even took the nm cluster from a group when the whm poped it and lost claim the gm came and did nothing cause if its not red its free for all. if what u was saying is true to the extent that u claim then, i should of been banned many times over for taking nms people give up claim too to kill a add they get. i dont mess with slept mobs but u drop claim for a second im gonna take it thats just the way it goes done it many of times NEVER been banned.
    I've driven drunk a thousand times. One time a cop even pulled me over and let me go. Let's all get drunk and drive!
    (4)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    Can somebody explain to a recently-resurrected player what a Fell Cleave is? Or is it one of those things where "the fewer people that are aware of it, the better"?
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    Can somebody explain to a recently-resurrected player what a Fell Cleave is? Or is it one of those things where "the fewer people that are aware of it, the better"?
    Fell Cleave parties was a general term that applied to people pulling all (or most) of the monsters in a given family and then AoE killing them. Setups noted for this were WAR (actually using Fell Cleave WS) with RDM support, RDM Aeolian Edge soloer, PLD Aeolian Edge soloer, or a BLU (solo or with support) using Charged Whisker and other AoE spells if they weren't 1 shot killing that way. There's probably other combos that work but those are the ones I'd see used.

The reason this works is EXP per kill in Abyssea is based on monster kill count (as well as golden/ebon lights) and not level of the monster killed. When you AoE kill monsters only the main target would count toward the monster level up mechanic, because of that AoE killing prevents monsters from leveling up allowing players to pull many more than would be possible if they were at max level. This allows 1-2 players to run 100-200k+/hr exp parties leaving room for 16-17 players who could simply stand there and leech exp from 30 onward.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zagen; 06-11-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Player
    No, a FC is basically where a WAR, with the aid of a WHM, RDM, or SCH, gathers up a hoard of mobs in Abyssea and kills them all using the weapon skill Fell Cleave. This method is often used with an Alliance, having 2 or 3 people do all of the work while the other 15 are either afk or watching. Thanks to how Abyssea's experience system works people from level 30 all the way to 99 can come in, afk, and even if they do not originally they will start gaining experience after a while, eventually gaining roughly 600 experience. In return for this service, which often lasts many hours, people pay hundreds of thousands of gil, most old shouts used to be 100k for a hour, or a discount for paying a large amount of hours, for instance I used to run 10 hour FCs which were 100k/hour and 850k/10 hours.

For years now its been allowed and accepted by most of the player base, SE has given us warnings one or two times about RMTs doing them, and potential bans if you are caught involved with RMTs, but that is all. This most recent one however was brought into question, as the comment was more vague, and there have been various reports about responses from GMs on the subject. So far as it has been told to players, doing FCs are fair and legal within the game, but without clarification, who is willing to test it?

Sorry tired and this post much longer than intended to send, Zag got it.
    (0)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8