Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fell Cleaves...

Player

Fell Cleaves...

Quote Originally Posted by NOC_NA View Post
    We are currently investigating players who advertise power leveling services via Shout/Yell, collect gil from the participants, and then use that gil to engage in RMT-related activity. Our investigations thus far have revealed that these players regularly advertise in the Jeuno area and we have responded by terminating the FINAL FANTASY XI service accounts of those found guilty of this behavior.

Please be aware that advertising in such a manner in itself can be disrupting to other players and we may take action against players who continuously advertise for the above kind of parties. This also includes behavior that helps facilitate such activity. Please take caution in not supporting RMT-related activity.

In addition, if you witness other players engaging in this behavior, please report the details to the Special Task Force via the Square Enix Support Center.

Square Enix Support Center
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/ffxi/
    [Contact] > [Report to Special Task Force] > [Witnessed RMT related activity in-game]

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
    I want clarification that no normal and legitimate player will be punished for participating in or performing a similar type of party. There is no reason a normal legitimate player should be punished for taking actions similar to a RMT of who is breaking the rules when the normal player is not breaking any rules. Our actions are only similar in game, meaning the fact we perform these types of parties, not out of the game, where RMTs plan to make money from performing these parties.

There are many normal players who use these types of parties to fund Relics, Mythics, Emps, and gear in general, all of which are good reasons to do it, and not ban-able offenses. While I know this has been said before, I recently spoke to a GM who informed me that it is a punishable offense to host one of these parties no matter if you are found to be a RMT or not, and can result in a ban of your character.
    (19)

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    "Please be aware that advertising in such a manner in itself can be disrupting to other players and we may take action against players who continuously advertise for the above kind of parties."

That phrase would apply to all players. So, even if you aren't RMT but are spamming the shouts for services, you are subject to discipline. Personally, I have no issue if the FC shout spammers get disciplined. The game will continue on without their services.
    (3)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Personally I don't think the STF should be concerned about banning the fell cleaves themselves because they arn't technically breaking the rules, and just stick to banning suspicious gil transactions. I don't use fell cleaves and I've never hosted one (well, I've done a few within LS that didn't involve any gil, if that counts), but I don't really like the idea that they're just targeting whatever the RMTs happen to be doing to make gil and just do massive bans on anyone who engages in similar activity. It shouldn't be THAT hard to find who the RMTs are and who they arn't.
    (6)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    We are currently investigating players who advertise power leveling services via Shout/Yell, collect gil from the participants, and then use that gil to engage in RMT-related activity.
    First sentence is all you need to worry about. I bolded the parts that are of importance. Are players still able to cleave after the defense update? I mean instant hate on the mage and high damage on the aoe dealer makes it sound like they'll be kinda dead.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 04-25-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    This is disappointing as now those who want to get from level 30 to 99 fast are competing as leaders for "normal" abyssea EXP. Oh well guess I'll have to key whore instead of leech my GEO from 30-99.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    First sentence is all you need to worry about. I bolded the parts that are of importance. Are players still able to cleave after the defense update? I mean instant hate on the mage and high damage on the aoe dealer makes it sound like they'll be kinda dead.
    Defense update changed nothing for cleave parties, nor was it going to change anything considering unleveled the monsters have low attack and base damage allowing phalanx (and regen atma(s) if not using MNK enemies) to negate the damage.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zagen; 04-25-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I want clarification that no normal and legitimate player will be punished for participating in or performing a similar type of party. There is no reason a normal legitimate player should be punished for taking actions similar to a RMT of who is breaking the rules when the normal player is not breaking any rules. Our actions are only similar in game, meaning the fact we perform these types of parties, not out of the game, where RMTs plan to make money from performing these parties.

There are many normal players who use these types of parties to fund Relics, Mythics, Emps, and gear in general, all of which are good reasons to do it, and not ban-able offenses. While I know this has been said before, I recently spoke to a GM who informed me that it is a punishable offense to host one of these parties no matter if you are found to be a RMT or not, and can result in a ban of your character.
    Firstly I hate cleave parties, but I DO see the usefulness, secondly, I try to refrain from using profanity on these forums but that is absolute bullshit, if it's a bannable offense they should label it a bug or an exploit and fix it, no one should be banned for a "working as intended" way of partying that has been bitched about but never nerfed/fixed/whatever.
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Kikorimo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I had made a thread here about this the first time this came up and Okipuit had responded saying that they investigate thoroughly and only ban if the cleaver is using the gil for RMt related activity. Also said to be careful what cleaves you join because if you support RMT cleaves there is a chance of punishment. I'll see if i can find my old thread and link it...
    (0)

Character
    Kikorimo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Well...

Glad I got all of the jobs I wanted 99 quickly cleaved, I guess.. :/ Shame because I was just about to start cleaving with my warrior myself.

I find this incredibly stupid, considering you can sell key items, which are key items specifically to disallow you from being able to share them. You can sell services like mercenary work for Limbus bosses or Shin, yet using a completely legit strategy to gain money from helping people level faster is considered dastardly and nefarious?

If this is how they are going to act with regards to it, there is a hell of a lot of stuff they need to start banning. I've never been annoyed by an FC shout -- but damned if those NNI "you can have 1 piece of gear for 15 mil" shouts didn't piss me right off.
    (3)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikorimo View Post
    See that is part of why I ask, because all of this happened a few days ago when on Phoenix a group of people were fighting in yells over a FC shout, and once person said they would be calling a GM on them. Originally I paid this no mind, but I thought it best to check as I know a few people who do FC, and I myself do it on occasion for friends and LS members as well as others in my LS. Upon asking and being told it was a ban-able offense either way, I was angry, and with this popping up, I figured it is the perfect opportunity to ask it on the OF again to make sure, because if someone is banned because of this whom I know I will be raising hell on the matter.
    (1)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast