Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Geo-Gravity epic fail

what is the point of this spell if the area of effect isnt wide enough to be beneficial food for thought.
    (4)

Player
    Well, not to be callus, as I wasn't going to pay for the spell, nor test it, but "gravity" has a secondary use ( I do not know if Geo/Indi-Gravity do this as well) but they give Evasion- as well as movespeed-.

So they do have a point... maybe an incorrect naming though, as the only real benefit is evasion- (if it even works).
    (0)
    Last edited by Karah; 04-24-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Geo-gravity would have very niche use as a sort of ground trap you run through when kiting which gives you time to turn and nuke something quick (using Cardinal Chant to your advantage as to which way you run through). That is how I would use it.
    Indi-gravity would be more of a perma-kite strategy but suffers from the casting and recast time. I've not tested either, but I would imagine mob would run up and maybe get close enough for 1 hit and then falling behind through gravity until he exits the aura again.

Beyond these two, I'd say Karah has the only other use for it. Seeing as there is no specific evasion down debuff, I would assume that was the general thought process.
    (0)
    Last edited by Delvish; 04-24-2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Indi-Torpor identified
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Danntay
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Beyond these two, I'd say Karah has the only other use for it. Seeing as there is no specific evasion down debuff, I would assume that was the general thought process.
    Indi-Torpor
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantedmc View Post
    Indi-Torpor
    I thought there was one, and checked the spell list because I can never keep track of the names. Thanks for the catch~
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Player
    Presumably the 2 can stack though double evasion down (2geos clutching at straws lol)
    (0)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I agree, personally, I'd like this spell better if the Luopans could follow the target they were cast on.
    (3)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    I agree, personally, I'd like this spell better if the Luopans could follow the target they were cast on.
    Same here. I'd like a standard or merit ability that let you do this with any geo- spell. Buffing luopans follow the party member and enfeebles follow the mob.

I'm not impressed with several of the enfeebles. I have capped skill at level 85 now, so I don't know what it's like at 99. But just testing Geo-Paralysis on too weak mobs I'm lucky to get one proc in the full duration of the luopan. Once proc for 215 MP. I'm hoping this is set to scale much higher in 14 levels but I'm doubting it. SE is putting far too much stock and fear into the unresistable and AOE aspects to the point that the spells are strapped with a dozen hindrances.
    (2)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    But just testing Geo-Paralysis on too weak mobs I'm lucky to get one proc in the full duration of the luopan. Once proc for 215 MP.
    Considering RDMs get only slightly better then that with capped enfeebling Paralyze II 5/5, I'd say the proc rate isn't the issue, it's the MP cost.
    (2)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Looked at it on BGwiki n they have the proc rate caping at 10% for paralyze.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast