Character
    Ryolen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Geomancer Issues and bugs.

Not sure if SE is aware but when using a Loupan giving a debuff to the mob, upon using Full Life, it inflicts that debuff onto nearby party members for a couple of seconds.

I believe that Geo is far too defenseless for a mage job, it needs some forms of sleep or something, to prevent any type of overpowered Indi Spell from occurring, how about an ability similar to light shot that requires your bell to use. Although giving us enfeebling/enhancing magic works fine to keep things simpler.

Also, raise staff skill to B+ cuz Geo has access to all the HQ staff ws like whm, yet blm and smn do not lol

I'm hoping we get T3 Ra Nukes via merits, or implemented in some way. T5 nukes aren't really needed but would be welcomed.

And finally, the MP cost of these spells are a bit ridiculous, almost 400MP for some of these sub par spells. Melee Geo would be very possible with lower MP costs. Ra spells are fair cost though seeing as how their dmg and mp cost falls between BLMs ga2 and ga3 nukes.
    (1)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I agree with everything here. Particularly, the requirement of /SCH to sleep anything is troubling. I had thought about testing out Indi-Focus + Geo-Languor just to see if it worked for fun, but that's obviously not ideal

I understand not wanting an aura sleep that's unresistible and basically re-sleeps mobs the instant they wake up. Fun yes, but probably overpowered. In addition, I actually understand SE not wanting to give GEO native enfeebling magic. Doing so would allow the single job to apply both Indi/Geo-Slow and the regular slow spell, for example, since they stack. To me, the best solution is to add a new sleep spell that falls under the dark magic category, since GEO has native dark skill.

MP cost of geomancy spells is also extreme. My guess is that SE decided that since they're AOE they all need to be as expensive as casting the single-target spell multiple times, or at least around the cost of an accessioned/manifestationed version. The problem is that this makes sense only if I'm affecting several targets. If I only want to affect one or two, the MP cost is too much. My suggestion here is a JA with a low recast that significantly reduces the radius of the sphere for a proportional drop in MP cost.

For now I'm happy with tier 4 nukes. I'm anxious to see how much I can boost GEO nukes with Acumen/Malaise/Collimated Fervor/Blaze of Glory/Ecliptic Attrition/Theurgic Focus!
    (2)

Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryolen View Post
    Not sure if SE is aware but when using a Loupan giving a debuff to the mob, upon using Full LifeCircle, it inflicts that debuff onto nearby party members for a couple of seconds.
    Just a FYI: Thy fortunately fixed this On the April 29th, 2013 update.
    (0)