Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    subbing blu? sounds pretty interesting. definitely trying this tonight. embolden protect 4 would be even more def as well.
    Just finishing my -PDT GS then I might give /BLU a go in some reives.
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I kind of gave up on trying to tank until I see merits to support the idea.

I mostly only play RUN as /SAM -- /WAR felt weird, but /SAM with Seigan feels pretty good.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

I tried /blu in reives yesterday with the -13% PDT Magian GS. I'm up to 47% -PDT now, and in full -PDT, cocoon, Embolden Protect 4, rabbit pie, capped phalanx, I was getting hit between 0-40 per hit, crits up to 70.

It can still be a pain to re-cast Stoneskin though, even with ice spikes para proccing. Granted I'm 26 enhancing from cap, but it's merited as well, so reducing interrupt a little. AF armour tends to have a piece with -20% interrupt rate on it, so that might help to macro in, but I'm already running out of inv space without any fastcast gear apart from siegel sash, no interrupt gear, and only a couple of MAB pieces.

(I just remembered... I keep forgetting that flash is not just for pulling and keeping hate... it can also be used to blind the mob while you cast stoneskin) >.>
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Monsters in SoA seem to have a bonus to spell interruption or something. I'm being interrupted at times that I definitely should not be, makes Aquaveil almost a requirement now.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Monsters in SoA seem to have a bonus to spell interruption or something. I'm being interrupted at times that I definitely should not be, makes Aquaveil almost a requirement now.
    It's like that everywhere. I'll get hit for 0-2 damage in Abyssea and still get interrupted at times. I think they ninja'd interruption rates with the SoA update.
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-27-2013 at 04:29 AM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Flash and Aquaveil will allow you to get that stoneskin off, and icespikes adds even more opportunities to reapply buffs. This job is so unfinished, run only have 9 job traits and all dd's and tank jobs have anywhere from 20-30 job traits. I hope SE further develop the job soon!
    (1)

OK, I forgot about Aquavail too. Can you tell I haven't really played a mage job since abyssea came out? o.0

I used to always be soloing puddings and such on BLM before then, but apparently I've lost all that knowledge.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2