Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    whelp time to get myself shot, but anyhow, if that is what se does, and say it increased potency at 5/5 by 50% aka 50% more en dmg 50% more resistance against the weaker element 50% more lunge dmg ext ext might be worth it, tho i would hope se would divide it into 2 groups, cant think of a fancy name for them, but pretty much fire wind thunder light in one group and the others in the second, and 3 other merit choices >.>; for group 1 i mean
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Tier 1:
    Embolden Potency (+10% per upgrade)
    Rune Potency (+1 dmg per rune per upgrade)
    Lunge Recast (-6 seconds per upgrade)
    Enhancing Magic Duration (+10% duration per upgrade)
    Swordplay Duration (+15 seconds per upgrade)
    Ward Potency (+10% potency per upgrade)

I'm not going to bother with Tier 2 yet
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Tier 1:
    Embolden Potency (+10% per upgrade)
    Rune Potency (+1 dmg per rune per upgrade)
    Lunge Recast (-6 seconds per upgrade)
    Enhancing Magic Duration (+10% duration per upgrade)
    Swordplay Duration (+15 seconds per upgrade)
    Ward Potency (+10% potency per upgrade)

I'm not going to bother with Tier 2 yet
    Finally, some notion of sense. Of course, I would instead have lunge changed to effusion with an addition to a cat 2 merit as another type of effusion that deals dmg/merit
    (0)

Player
    Needs the titular Final Fantasy Runic ability in some form. Either of the following will do:

(trait) Runic Conduit - Converts Magic Damage into MP 5% per upgrade.

or

(JA) Runic - Negates the next magical attack and converts damage to MP(10m recast).
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Needs the titular Final Fantasy Runic ability in some form. Either of the following will do:

or

(JA) Runic - Negates the next magical attack and converts damage to MP(10m recast).
    We have something similar in the form of the Liement shield, but that just converts damage to HP. Having said that, though, I wouldn't be surprised if we got something like in the form of Empyrean Armor.
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post

or

we have it except for it restores HP.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    we have it except for it restores HP.
    Yes but Orphanus is right, we need a way to restore MP faster than full-timing Idle gear right now. Especially if Foil is enhanced so it's actually worth using.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    Finally, some notion of sense. Of course, I would instead have lunge changed to effusion with an addition to a cat 2 merit as another type of effusion that deals dmg/merit
    You're right about Effusion. I'm currently lvl 66 RUN, and it's all old-school xp gaining (no Abyssea xp leech crap), so Lunge is all I got in Effusion atm. It's nowhere near the effort it took in the real old days, but at least you get your skills close to cap and learn a job thoroughly. (Unlike some people who go 30>99 on an afternoon of aby xp leeching, then congratulate themselves on a job well done.)
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    You logic can be used for every T2 merit spell currently in game. With that said I'm not ashamed to have given a go at what SE might actually think is a good idea despite my personal feelings on the matter.

Barlight/dark and ra versions should have been in the game from the get go considering a BRD could give resistances to light and dark elements. However that hasn't happened thus it's more than likely if we ever get them they're going to be something stupid like in T2 merits just like every other mage job that should have gotten spells without needing to dump merits into them. I guess you could argue that "maybe SE will change" and to that I'd say with the way things have gone I won't be holding my breath for change.
    Yeah, it can be applied to most spells in the game -- but at least Protectra/Shellra V are useful, and meriting them makes them even better. AM2's all, for the most part, suck, and only certain Summoner abilities are worth meriting.

That doesn't mean RUN should be forced to suffer the same fate of wasted merit abilities/spells. If we're going to get merit spells, they need to be something actually useful. Just because it fits with the current trend of wasted energy doesn't mean you should endorse it by suggesting they stick to the habit. :/

You, especially, could come up with a better idea than that. It's not like we'll get anything we want specifically anyway, so why not put some real thought into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    You're right about Effusion. I'm currently lvl 66 RUN, and it's all old-school xp gaining (no Abyssea xp leech crap), so Lunge is all I got in Effusion atm. It's nowhere near the effort it took in the real old days, but at least you get your skills close to cap and learn a job thoroughly. (Unlike some people who go 30>99 on an afternoon of aby xp leeching, then congratulate themselves on a job well done.)

Lunge is pretty much all you get. Gambit is fun, but still. Only two abilities in Effusion never made sense to me -- I'm sure they've ALWAYS had plans for more, seems weird that the base set is so limited.

In other news, I find all of the anti-Abyssea stuff really funny. It is like people who are anti-text messaging... It's fine to have your own preferences and interests, but the whole anti-movement rage never stops being hilarious.
    (0)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-25-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    Yeah, it can be applied to most spells in the game -- but at least Protectra/Shellra V are useful, and meriting them makes them even better. AM2's all, for the most part, suck, and only certain Summoner abilities are worth meriting.

That doesn't mean RUN should be forced to suffer the same fate of wasted merit abilities/spells. If we're going to get merit spells, they need to be something actually useful. Just because it fits with the current trend of wasted energy doesn't mean you should endorse it by suggesting they stick to the habit. :/

You, especially, could come up with a better idea than that. It's not like we'll get anything we want specifically anyway, so why not put some real thought into it.
    Have you seen how SE has "changed" their habits? Hint: they haven't. The excuse of they want to see how the players use GEO and RUN before final tweaking is done is BS. I mean outside of friends who support you wasting a slot on RUN over a better option or soloing who's going to use the jobs right now?

I had a vision for RUN when I first thought of the concept of a "Magical Tank" in a world ruled by physical attacks, SE didn't go anywhere near it because of the asinine idea of it being "over powered". Heck even the new content that was supposed to favor a "Magical Tank" isn't any different than the content before SoA.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast