Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Geirksogul Aftermath oversight

I've determined that the issue of the accuracy of stun with the Gungnir Shock Spikes Aftermath is an issue of Enhancing Skill/Magic Accuracy.

I did three tests. One as DRG/BLU with 0 Enhancing Skill. The proc rate of Stun's effect is <2% over several hundreds of mobs. Then I subbed RDM which gives me 149 skill. The proc rate of stun jumped to 6.5%. Then I subbed SCH with Light Arts and the stun rate of shock spikes aftermath jumped up to ~12% with 300+ Enhancing Skill.

I believe this may be an oversight by Square Enix when giving Shock Spikes to DRG's Relic Weapon Aftermath. DRG has no native Enhancing Skill and since the proc rate of Stun is based on Magic Accuracy(usually via Enhancing Magic), the proc rate is floored for DRGs unless we either equip and maintain a VAST amount of Magic Accuracy gear or sub SCH and maintain Light Arts for enhanced skill. Would it be possible to base the stun rate of Gungnir's Shock Spikes Aftermath on Polearm Skill or give it a natural base proc rate that doesn't depend on a skill DRG lacks?

or...you know, change the aftermath completely to something better
    (14)

Almost as stupid as BLU curative spells having a healing magic multiplier >.>
    (0)

Player
    Yeah but BLU cures are potent as-is even without Healing Skill.
    (0)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Talk about needing an Aftermath Up and Down set. >.>;

This is quite disheartening to hear it was implemented so.
    (0)

We appreciate the feedback but Geirskogul's Shock Spikes stun activation rate is not based on enhancing magic skill.
    (6)

Okipuit - Community Team

Player
    I'm not really sure what could have caused the variation in stun rate across subjobs, it was done on neutral days of the week(water/wind/ice days) and I don't think any Kuftal Tunnel weather could affect it. I guess my sample size may have been too low or some other condition affects the proc rate that I'm unaware of.
    (0)

Character
    Thereaper
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    could be a different skill rdm and sch share, that would make the most sense to me
    (0)

Player
    Or some kind of m.acc, dunno. The proc rate jumped from like <1% to as high as 6-12% with a mage subjob. I didn't control for TP though because TP for relic WS only affects duration not potency so that's possible but unlikely.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I'm not really sure what could have caused the variation in stun rate across subjobs, it was done on neutral days of the week(water/wind/ice days) and I don't think any Kuftal Tunnel weather could affect it. I guess my sample size may have been too low or some other condition affects the proc rate that I'm unaware of.
    It's called statistical deviation, outliers, small sample size.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Personally, I'd be tempted to get a bigger sample size, then if you still see the same results, submit a bug report. What Okiput is saying here is that it's not SUPPOSED to be based on enhancing magic skill. But that doesn't mean that there's not some error in coding somewhere meaning that it actually is.

The other thing is: you didn't mention whether you used the same mobs. Though I assume that you would have done, it's not mentioned. This could affect it if you didn't. And if you are using crabs, use only crabs, don't do some crabs, some worms, some raptors etc. but I don't need to tell you how to test.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast