Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    yeah thusly finishing this post unless, people want to theorycraft about what the proc is. the OP even stoped posting...

Relics defense down came out well before angon.... I'm sure it wasn't intentional and they have said that technical problems are the reason behind it and are looking for ways to bypass it.

and regardless of how you look at it the weapon is involved fully because look at how ryu is now.... giving info and tested by players before hand and they have deemed it Ryu or GTFO where's the fairness in that? Not everyone is a top end player with hours and hour of time to dedicate to building any of these items within a decent amount of time... Gugnir gets thrown in the pile because someone looks at one part of the weapon and goes bleh i don't understand it it's useless...

How many hours do you solo as Drg how many hours do you main as drg? ophannus said it himself he had a small sample size and parses always bring big sample sizes to the table. His theory was debunked thread derailed by someone complaining about him coming in and saying something and then we started having a discussion.

The issue at heart is there is a mechanic on the weapon that everyone keeps saying hey i want the info so i can exploit it more. and SE just said well ok but no
    (0)

Its more like we understand it to an extent that its possible to deem it worthless. As a Gungnir owner I've yet to find a meaningful use for the ws or its aftermath AT ALL. You can argue that its defensive but the spikes do no where near damage for its respective level(lets say 75) and the stun rate on TW mobs is less than 10%. The only thing. I repeat ONLY thing, I'll repeat once more to make it perfectly clear. The only thing remotely useful is the weapon's base damage. And if your cheap you can get def down on mobs w/o using angon at an unreliable rate and duration.
    (3)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    Gugnir gets thrown in the pile because someone looks at one part of the weapon and goes bleh i don't understand it it's useless...
    It is not useless because people don't understand it, at all. It's not even completely useless, but it's situational at best. Generally people are interested in how much damage can I do with x weapon vs y weapon or z weapon. In this case, Ryunohige beats Gungnir. Even if the proc rate on stun from shock spikes aftermath was 100% the weapon itself would still only be situational at best. Ryunohige would still do more damage than it. If fighting in a group, then for it to be useful, the DRG has to be the one with hate. When fighting solo it is the only time that it really become better than Ryunohige, and even then, you're killing the mob slower by using Gierskogul rather than Stardiver or Drakesbane, which means you stand to take more damage in the long run.

Not to mention that most of the time when soloing, you'll be /rdm and can just put up ice spikes anyway, which is generally just as good, if not better than shock spikes.
    (2)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5