Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    This statement in the context of FFXI and SE's refusal to even speak about most things related to game functions except to make vague statements in an attempt to retain some sort of mystery is hilarious and should be rewarded. Your complimentary taco is in the mail and should be with you in the next 7-10 business days.
    That was supposed to be my taco. I agree though: I can understand not giving the simple stuff like lore, or something, but not exposing game mechanics in at least some form, is pretty archaic from the standpoint of the way most MMO developers explain their games mechanics. It's an old game, yeah, but they need to change with the times.
    (1)

Player
    But changing with the times is sometimes bad especially with something like this. Do you not see how giving people the information behind game mechanics makes the game less fun for people like me, a person who do not min/max or use alot of information to play this game? For example because they've divulged info in the past we now have people who tell you that if you don't play this specific way then you fail. Don't have this gear? Fail.. we get boxed into situations where only certain jobs are allowed to join events... and it's not because it's impossible to do without those jobs. it's because people only care about the resuts ala damage or some other elitest thought process.

and lets get one thing straight. Knowing what procs the stun rate for gungnirs ws is not a game mechanic the stun and shock spikes itself is the game mechanic along with the weapon itself.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So you're saying that if we knew what procs the stun for this weapon's aftermath then people will suddenly start demanding x or y job or no invite? That's interesting.
    (2)

Player
    no but your taking my example and making it more complex. Also depending on how the stun procs then yes it might.. what if Drg gets forced into tanking because it can proc stun all the time?..

Back on topic i think this is a good thread to Discuss the possibilities of what procs Stun more often. has anyone tried fighting tougher monsters? what if the stun proc rate is tied in with the difficulty of the monsters? that would certainly make it seem as though there is no proc rate if people are fighting nothing but easy monsters.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    That actually wouldn't be bad, for a week DRG would be useful and loved until the nerf bat comes down.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    no but your taking my example and making it more complex. Also depending on how the stun procs then yes it might.. what if Drg gets forced into tanking because it can proc stun all the time?..

Back on topic i think this is a good thread to Discuss the possibilities of what procs Stun more often. has anyone tried fighting tougher monsters? what if the stun proc rate is tied in with the difficulty of the monsters? that would certainly make it seem as though there is no proc rate if people are fighting nothing but easy monsters.
    Yeah no, already tried with the mobs in adoulin. proc rate is non-existent.
    (1)
    It doesn't take much to know when someone is special. After 5 minutes if the person is alive and well you have a keeper, if they are dead and obnoxious then toss em like two day old leftovers.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    last I checked the weapon is still top of the line so saying that knowing everything about this weapon should be common knowledge should be rethought.. just because you only see people online discussing it does not mean that it's a problem for the majority. most Drgs I know who use gugnir know that gierskogul has it's uses and also understand that it is not meant to replace every ws you own. It has it's uses especially being a single hit ws with high end damage. the only thing that doesn't make sense is agi modifier for the ws... but there are plenty of ways to add more damage to the ws than stacking AGI like oh lets say Fstr which is what your wanting to use for higher max damage per hit so the issue is minor in my opinion among other options... oh and make the defense down stackable...
    I have no idea what the actual weapon itself has to do with this, the entire subject is about the Aftermath being Shock Spikes, and us having no knowledge on what effects the chance of those spikes effecting a mob.

you also forget that the only people who deem gugnir useless are number crunchers, min/maxers.. they are only looking for the hypothetical set-up thats going to maximize their damage because we all know they only focus on how much zerg can they put into a gear set.
    Did I say the weapon was useless? No, if anything I said the Spikes are useless, and thats because the players, who we are, do not know what effects their incredibly small proc rate, so we can not increase its effect, maybe if someone at SE informed us how to do such a thing, it may become a defensive option weapon like Bravura, or Apoc, where as now, its a weapon that has high DMG but removes your Angon.

+40 acc(name a piece of weaponry, or armor for that matter with that much acc), defense down, a powerful ws that can self SC lvl 3 light (especially now, pre 75 it was harder and usually involved you using your 2hr to do it)

lets also not forget that theirs a 10% penalty somewhere on drakesbane unless you own ryunohige, so if your comparing drakesbane to drakesbane, gungir v ryu of course ryu is going to win. Gungnir still has higher base damage
    Again, this is about the weapon, nothing to do with its Aftermath...

also last I checked @Caketime, a game developer has every right to pick and choose what info they want to divulge in Their game that You play, just because SE likes to hold onto old traditions doesn't mean they should buckle out of pressure or because "everyone else does it"
    Yeah, they have a right to keep info hidden, I have a right to do a lot of stupid things too, doesn't mean its right or a good idea though. Keeping info hidden is not always a good thing, like I said, look at your Lancer's Legs from this update. They had a flaw, an error, in these legs, one of which has been brought up a few times on their own forums and because they were not clear about its effects we had no idea what we were looking for, after all this time, finally, a bug report got to them that resulted in them fixing it. Had they told us its intended effects upon release, or a few months after release, in any of the threads questioning it, this would have been resolved quickly I am sure, because we could explain that through testing we had no results that agreed it was having said effect. Instead, we were left with a broken pair of legs all this time, that only now, more than two years later, it has finally been fixed.

on an unrelated note what level gungnir do you own @demon? have you done the magian trial to collect 250 umbral marrows yet?
    I don't need to own a weapon to know the Aftermath of a 7 year old weapon should be common knowledge by now to anyone who cares to know.
    (3)

Player
    are you saying you do not own a gungnir?
    (0)

Player
    Irrelevant, but no, and I don't care to.
    (0)

Player
    That was all i was asking..... <-.-;>
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast