Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We appreciate the feedback but Geirskogul's Shock Spikes stun activation rate is not based on enhancing magic skill.
    You forgot to include the troll face.
    (3)

Player
    Before this OP i posted a bug report and in it I stated I used robber crabs onry
    (0)

Player
    We appreciate the feedback but Geirskogul's Shock Spikes stun activation rate is not based on enhancing magic skill.
    So why not simply tell us what it is based on?! -_-
    (9)

Character
    Dpdhuntress
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    After all the forum posts asking for something to be done about gungnir Im amazed we actually got a sentence out of anybody at all since SE fails to give a reason or anything to this issue they clearly can care less about
    (3)

Player
    I think this is a bog step in the right direction. if it's not based off of enhancing what is it based off of? TP? i could see them putting a hidden modifier in the TP percentages as to how often it procs. but this would be hard to test i think...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    I think this is a bog step in the right direction.
    Your full of **** we basically spent years of time without anything out of them about it, its like they told us to pick a number between 1 and 100 without any details or hints about what they were thinking, if we got it wrong, it would be another year before we were allowed to pick again. Never any hints, never any help, oh, and if we get it right they will simply never tell us we are. If we think we are right and were not though, we can be sure we will get some nice vague answer like this one, enough to dismiss it but not crush hopes completely.
    (1)

Player
    umm whats the point in playing a game if you know everything about it? Your so butt hurt because SE likes to keep secrets that getting a response like this means shit to you. I personally find it enlightening that as a Drg i don't have to bother with enhancing skill now or any time in the future... get over it.

you also stated this "I've determined that the issue of the accuracy of stun with the Gungnir Shock Spikes Aftermath is an issue of Enhancing Skill/Magic Accuracy." why would SE allow you to continue giving out false information?
    (1)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    umm whats the point in playing a game if you know everything about it?
    This statement in the context of FFXI and SE's refusal to even speak about most things related to game functions except to make vague statements in an attempt to retain some sort of mystery is hilarious and should be rewarded. Your complimentary taco is in the mail and should be with you in the next 7-10 business days.
    (2)

Player
    umm whats the point in playing a game if you know everything about it? Your so butt hurt because SE likes to keep secrets that getting a response like this means shit to you. I personally find it enlightening that as a Drg i don't have to bother with enhancing skill now or any time in the future... get over it.

you also stated this "I've determined that the issue of the accuracy of stun with the Gungnir Shock Spikes Aftermath is an issue of Enhancing Skill/Magic Accuracy." why would SE allow you to continue giving out false information?
    They wouldn't, but how long has this Relic been out? How long has it had this Aftermath? How long has it been completely worthless? Keep something a mystery for a few months, hell, maybe a year, but at some point there comes a time when you need to stop keeping basic knowledge about an item from the players and simply spell it out for them. If they don't you get cases like the stupid DRG legs, which they finally figured out was a bug after they have been out a couple of years, a piece of Emp gear that took until this very update to actually fix. That is outrageous, no, they need to release some info after a certain amount of time, like /fume was, keeping stuff locked in the vault of secrets never to be answered, stupid idea.
    (0)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 04-30-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Player
    last I checked the weapon is still top of the line so saying that knowing everything about this weapon should be common knowledge should be rethought.. just because you only see people online discussing it does not mean that it's a problem for the majority. most Drgs I know who use gugnir know that gierskogul has it's uses and also understand that it is not meant to replace every ws you own. It has it's uses especially being a single hit ws with high end damage. the only thing that doesn't make sense is agi modifier for the ws... but there are plenty of ways to add more damage to the ws than stacking AGI like oh lets say Fstr which is what your wanting to use for higher max damage per hit so the issue is minor in my opinion among other options... oh and make the defense down stackable...

you also forget that the only people who deem gugnir useless are number crunchers, min/maxers.. they are only looking for the hypothetical set-up thats going to maximize their damage because we all know they only focus on how much zerg can they put into a gear set.

+40 acc(name a piece of weaponry, or armor for that matter with that much acc), defense down, a powerful ws that can self SC lvl 3 light (especially now, pre 75 it was harder and usually involved you using your 2hr to do it)

lets also not forget that theirs a 10% penalty somewhere on drakesbane unless you own ryunohige, so if your comparing drakesbane to drakesbane, gungir v ryu of course ryu is going to win. Gungnir still has higher base damage

also last I checked @Caketime, a game developer has every right to pick and choose what info they want to divulge in Their game that You play, just because SE likes to hold onto old traditions doesn't mean they should buckle out of pressure or because "everyone else does it"

on an unrelated note what level gungnir do you own @demon? have you done the magian trial to collect 250 umbral marrows yet?
    (0)
    Last edited by Umichi; 04-30-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast