Character
    Alanon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Chukwa seems bugged.

This started happening late last week, and really took a frustrating turn last night. Been farming Chloris for the buds as a 3 man group. When we get to Chukwa, something very strange happens. First time was to me on Thursday (4/18). We red procced chukwa, but I did not get the Key Item even though I had gotten claim (normal fight, no deaths, links or anything that would make the mob go unclaimed). Came back 15 minutes later, got claim, red procced, and got KI - no big deal.

On another farming trip (I believe this was on Friday), my wife got claim (Pylea), we red procced, and for some reason I got the KI. Again not a huge deal, we had to get him again anyway. However, when we got back to chucky, wife got claim, red proc, no KI. We went back again, but there were counter campers so we just popped the two Chloris's we had and called it a night.

Fast forward to Sunday night, chukwa again. I get KI first, no problem. Come back and Pylea got claim, proc, no KI. Come back again. Pylea claims, we get proc, again no KI. Go back a third time, the third member of our group claims, we proc, and he gets the KI. We go back again. Pylea claims, we red proc and she STILL doesn't get the KI. By this time it's late so we kill the two Chloris pops we have and go to bed.

Before someone asks, I KNOW she did not already have the KI. My wife's PC is 5 feet from mine and I quadruple checked.

Been farming tahrogi for awhile now (we already did a twashtar), and are 34 chloris items in at this point. These problems seem to have just started in the last week. any ideas?

Platform: PC
    ISP: Road Runner
    Type of Internet Connection: Cable
    Internet Connection Speed: FAST
    Date & Time: 4/18 through 4/21
    Frequency:fairly regular now (see desc)
    Character Name: Alanon
    Race: Hume
    World:Quetzacoatl
    Class/Skill Rank:
    Area and Coordinates: Abby Tahroghi - Chukwa spawn
    Party or Solo: 3 man party
    NPC Name:
    Monster Name: Chukwa
    In-Game Time:
    Steps:
    (0)
    Last edited by Alanon; 04-22-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    No offense, but this sounds more like an issue of it not being claimed by who you thought it was claimed by. Did someone somehow damage it or block a hit before she managed to claim it, or did it deaggro at some point during the fight (kiting, running it to a new location, etc)? I'm sure you know but procs are erased and reset if it deaggros.
    (0)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Character
    Alanon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Nope, not the case at all. This is an easy mob. we had no deaths, no kiting, nothing. just straight kill. Last time, my wife was the only one that engaged it at first until procced (procced with Koki on Nin/Dnc), then I engaged on War and we mowed it down without incident. And Chukwa does not seem to aggro, so that was not the case either.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alanon; 04-23-2013 at 05:33 AM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    This happened to me once when my brother and I were Chloris farming. But we noticed when we claimed him he was in his shell. Yellow and full HP but in his shell. We assumed someone else had claimed him and died, or claimed and ran away on purpose. We waited about five minutes for him to come out of his shell before claiming, but he didn't. We fought him anyway just to see and procced red, but no KI as expected.

I'm thinking we fell for a trap and someone else got the KI when we killed it. But I'm not sure if that can happen half a zone away, since no one else was around. We noticed Chukwa in his shell for several minutes like this a few more nights that week, but never bothered to claim it again. It stopped happening after that. Did you notice if he was in his shell any of these times you procced and din't get the KI?
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Maybe case of bad luck? Think I remember reading somewhere red proc isn't 100% guarantee you'll get the key item. Kinda odd three in a row though.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

Teegrins, Alanon!

It does seem quite odd indeed from the description (especially the part where you claim character not having claimed the target claiming the key item). While it is very unlikely to not get these key items with the weakness triggered (I can't remember for certain if it ever happened to me), I do think it may be possible. I would do more testing on it, still, and see if I could reproduce the issue.

What Merton9999 describes is, I think, a very likely scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Quedari View Post
    Did someone somehow damage it or block a hit before she managed to claim it
    For the blocking a hit part: who gets the key item seems to be decided at the point when a thing is claimed, not when the creature is aggravated. Imagine Gugumatz. I can get its attention without any actions towards it and have it run after me. Another character performing an action on it leads to that character getting the key item.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Alanon,

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to get the Item you are seeking and that it may sometimes seem inconsistent. As other players have noted, there are certain nuances to Chukwa's behaviors that may prevent you from gaining the reward you are seeking.

If you still wish for us to investigate this matter, we must ask you for additional details.

What is the exact Key Item you are trying to get?
    What steps are you taking to get the Key Item from Chukwa?
    What state is Chukwa in when you claim them?
    What quests do you have active at the time?

By providing us with this information, you will help us to look into and narrow down the source of this issue.

Alanon, thank you for your time and for contacting us. We hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day!

~GM Baudle
    (0)
    Last edited by Bublex; 04-26-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    For the blocking a hit part: who gets the key item seems to be decided at the point when a thing is claimed, not when the creature is aggravated. Imagine Gugumatz. I can get its attention without any actions towards it and have it run after me. Another character performing an action on it leads to that character getting the key item.
    I know this, which is why I suggested what I did in the way that I did. It would be a bug or error or something if someone blocking a hit or causing damage with blaze/ice/shock spikes or reprisal or something got the KI instead of the person who actually made the mob's name turn red.
    (0)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Character
    Thereaper
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I've noticed that very rarely, for KI that typically drop to the person that claimed the mob, they can sometimes go to other members of the party, it is typically VERY uncommon, but seems to be able to occur on any given NM that drops KI like that in abyssea, I've personally seen it happen on Amun and pallid percy, and have friends that have had it occur on others, we had always assumed because the chance was so small it wasnt a bug and just something programmed in intentionally, but sounds like your seeing this issue with unusual frequency
    also even with red proc there's a ~5% chance KI wont drop, but i'm sure you know that
    (0)

Player
    Sometimes mobs need to be claimed twice.
    (0)